10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Enhance w/ Council of elders... talent suggestions?

Hey guys!!

Last night we were progressing a little slow on the Council of Elders fight (10man) and we were struggling a bit, but not due to DPS mostly due to setup with tanks and having many trials/non-raiders due to a week of absence for vacations, replacements etc.

Anyways, I'm a min/maxer raider and I like to play enhance to an optimum level, I'm no amateur however last night I was experiencing problems with optimizing damage for this fight.

My current talent set up was PE/AS, and I'm reforged for a haste build. Unfortunately I have no logs because they bugged out on us last night, but I was holding between 100-115k on the fight until death, depending. My question comes with a talent setup as we're 3 healing with 5 dps... and I feel as soon as my PFE dies my damage goes to garbage, and the adds because closer and closer to hitting power even with me on them, minus a few mouseover interrupts and spirit damage.

Would a talent setup of EoE/UE be more viable considering I need more balanced damage+ cleave on this fight, or has PE worked well for any of you?

Anyways thanks in advance!
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

You should download simcraft and check whether Elemental Mastery is better than Ancestral Swiftness for you. I simmed my character, and EM was better than AS, granted I'm 516 ilvl, but it's always good to check something like that out. I did around 160k on Council, I was using EoE / UF, but was Haste reforged, so I'm sure I could have put out better numbers with proper mastery gems / reforges. I decided to go with EoE / UF because I can use Fire Nova to hit the majority of the Council members, AoE damage, and sustained damage over the whole fight.

I was tasked with interrupting Sand Bolt with two others, so I used a focus interrupt macro to interrupt that, so I could continue to DPS. I pretty much did the basic rotation / priority system, except watching out for when I had the chance to Fire Nova on spare GCD's, and also sitting on LL / SS if the Loa add is about to come out. Haste reforging with EM requires you to have close to 100% uptime on the boss, I would suggest going EoE / UF simply because of the fact that you're going to be switching targets and moving around a lot.

You should take Ancestral Guidance to help with the healing during Sandstorm, and also pick up Glyphed Grounding Totem to negate the damage reflect ability that Kazra'jin does when he's empowered.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    You should download simcraft and check whether Elemental Mastery is better than Ancestral Swiftness for you. I simmed my character, and EM was better than AS, granted I'm 516 ilvl, but it's always good to check something like that out. I did around 160k on Council, I was using EoE / UF, but was Haste reforged, so I'm sure I could have put out better numbers with proper mastery gems / reforges. I decided to go with EoE / UF because I can use Fire Nova to hit the majority of the Council members, AoE damage, and sustained damage over the whole fight.

I was tasked with interrupting Sand Bolt with two others, so I used a focus interrupt macro to interrupt that, so I could continue to DPS. I pretty much did the basic rotation / priority system, except watching out for when I had the chance to Fire Nova on spare GCD's, and also sitting on LL / SS if the Loa add is about to come out. Haste reforging with EM requires you to have close to 100% uptime on the boss, I would suggest going EoE / UF simply because of the fact that you're going to be switching targets and moving around a lot.

You should take Ancestral Guidance to help with the healing during Sandstorm, and also pick up Glyphed Grounding Totem to negate the damage reflect ability that Kazra'jin does when he's empowered.

Thanks for the repo Defines! I am using guidance. We were trying a 2 healer strat and I was able to maintain 100k+ with around 45k HpS with guidance, the occasional rain and HST. With a UF/EOE setup I'd have to negate that, that's the only opportunity cost I see with the setup, however with PE I find my elemental having huge downtime runnning around when I switch to a spirit or run across the room to a caster. I'l likely try it next week
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major