Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New Patch

Update 1.6.1

General:
    •Turned regional Achievements back on!
    •We are now prioritizing games with available slots in the “Join Game” menu in the front end
    •Update so players will go through the Getting Started Scenario only once. They will see the Play menus when they switch servers
    •Fix for a gameplay crash
    •UI improvement: Increased time showing system alerts for readability
    •Graphics: shader change to improve look of walls and parking lots
    •It’s now easier to place airport runways
    •Budget transaction optimization to increase performance
    •Update of Buffers on buildings to save memory
    •Performance improvement for lower end machines

Servers:
    •DB performance upgrades to increase response times
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Where: MMO-Champion 3
    Dekadez's Game

Currently, my city is back under control somewhat. My budget is red but I'm exporting plastics from recycling, ore and coal. I'm trying to research the solar array. I really want to get rid or maybe upgrade my coal plants to clean coal...maybe. I'm still disappointed that my Expo center failed to make big wads of cash. I had to tear that down and put another trade depot in it's place to make money. The theatre I have makes some. I also noticed that my sims seem to be working in other cities. I saw one driving from a day of work from someone else's city.

Anyone knows how to increase the capacity of train stations? Getting complaints that there is not enough space in city with 25k people, but there is no modules available when i try to edit the station.

I've had more than one station before to see if both were used and more passengers were coming in. It did seem to increase my capacity. Used to tracks to put the station on the other side of town, spread the congestion.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Anyone knows how to increase the capacity of train stations? Getting complaints that there is not enough space in city with 25k people, but there is no modules available when i try to edit the station.
    simply add more train stations, they do not have any ploppables themselves

Epic!
    Let my girlfriend have a go last night. Oh dear what a bad idea that was >_<

Had to battle to get her off it after about 4 hours and now had to order her a copy. She got up this morning and went straight to my PC and started playing again. D:
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Let my girlfriend have a go last night. Oh dear what a bad idea that was >_<

Had to battle to get her off it after about 4 hours and now had to order her a copy. She got up this morning and went straight to my PC and started playing again. D:
    Lol, you best hope the copy arrives soon :-D

•It’s now easier to place airport runways
    Hah, about time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Hope they'll patch in offline mode, doubt it though.

With the declared design vision being centered on region play, I don't see it happening until EA plans to take the servers down some years from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Little video that quickly explains advantages of various road types.

youtube.com/watch?v=g-8lhpINmXE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Assuming its university level studies for a safe nuclear power plant? Running out of space at about 70 000 citizens and could gain a good bit by bulldozing my wind power.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Assuming its university level studies for a safe nuclear power plant? Running out of space at about 70 000 citizens and could gain a good bit by bulldozing my wind power.
    Just use dirty fuels. They are soooo much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    So are new forum users just ignored on this forum? I'm not raging but I have been sending you messages on here and replied and no response from you, or anyone else for that matter.
    You are also always showing as offline in origin and I can't message you in game cuz derp chat rooms down.
    I've been offline for a while, any friend requests ive had when ive been online in SimCity, i've invited to my regions, you may have added me after i had a day and a bit
    off.. either way when i get on later i'll throw you an invite, i actually do invite everyone on my friends list to any new region i make..

Also, IF you are online and you get an invite, you need to relog it seems, otherwise you dont get the invite until next time you log on.

Quote Originally Posted by domesticllama View Post
    Just use dirty fuels. They are soooo much smaller.

yep, i refuse to use a nuclear plant, heard too many bad stories about it, rather have an ugly polluting coal plant than risk destroying my city :P
    Too cool for a signature

Then again peggle, you could ust put the coal plant in the corner of the map, surrounded by a helluva lot of trees...

I prefer wind power tbh though, as its ALWAYS there, but takes up so much room

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Then again peggle, you could ust put the coal plant in the corner of the map, surrounded by a helluva lot of trees...

I prefer wind power tbh though, as its ALWAYS there, but takes up so much room

yeah, i start with wind power, but unless you have lots of space it just doesn't produce much power even with the best turbines, the space it uses compared to power output is too low. solar farms are quite good, but still take up a lot of room
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yep, i refuse to use a nuclear plant, heard too many bad stories about it, rather have an ugly polluting coal plant than risk destroying my city :P
    I had the 10 year achievement in my city, with my nuke! There's just to many unable sim-herder out there, like Aiko!

Epic!
    Is it worth bulldozing everything and starting the city a fresh or will I lose all my unlocked goodies like University, Electrical HQ and such?
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

After 24 hours with the game, I kind of feel like I've seen it all. The small city size is really a deterrent to building a creative metropolis that would keep me occupied far longer :x