Poll: Would you consider cannibalism if it meant survival

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pretty much eat anything if I were in a life or death situation. Literally anything. There isn't a single thing on this planet that you could find that I wouldn't eat in order to remain alive.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Can't forget them muscle gains while trapped. Be sure to inhale your protein farts to maximize gains.
    I was planning on using the femurs for curls after the butchery.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I'd pretty much eat anything if I were in a life or death situation. Literally anything. There isn't a single thing on this planet that you could find that I wouldn't eat in order to remain alive.
    If both were properly cooked and prepared, I'd have a tougher time eating insects than humans.

Deleted
    How about your children (once you have children that is) - who are still alive?

Either you're really determined to save yourself or you're a liar! :P

Even this? This is the absolute nastiest thing ever, and it's a delicacy in the Philliphines. Don't click if you plan on eating eggs anytime soon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

Anyways, yes I would. If I happened to be the dead person I really wouldn't give a shit if I was on the opposite side of the situation, either. In fact if I could come back as a ghost I would slap you silly for not doing it.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-09 at 12:47 AM.

Is supposed to taste like pork

Most people have enough of a fat layer for crackling.

Yeah, I probably would.

Deleted
    I'm rather a good cook, I have never tried cooking human meat, so it would be a nice new experience, do we have access to seasoning ?

more seriously, I would say yes, if there is no other choice.

That being said, It would feel weird to eat someone you know.

How would you feel about eating a friend or someone close, that's the real question.
    Last edited by mmoc29a7c2362f; 2013-03-09 at 12:53 AM. Reason: addition

10+ Year Old Account
    I would already consider it if it wasn't illegal, let alone to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate at all. In fact, I surely wouldn't have waited weeks.
    Remind me not to get stuck in a lift with you...

If people get hungry enough they start to lose it mentally. Cannibalism will start to look real good the further along the hunger gets.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm already a cannibal, just ask my girlfriend.

*Badum-tsssh*
    I thought she was the one eating the meat.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it is cooked well then yes, if not no.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I would feel too guilty after. Not worth it. Especially since rescue isn't guaranteed. I would only be prolonging the inevitable if it never comes.

Not personal friends or family (I liked), strangers though can fucking get IN mUH BELLY!

As a med student i could probably identify the good cuts :s

Most ppl don't have it in them to butcher their own food and that I think is the biggest issue that they would have with this. If you were handed a piece of meat while starving and it was human that isn't nearly as bad. I have no idea what I would do and with any luck I will never know.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    As a med student i could probably identify the good cuts :s
    Probably the same as with cows and pigs: the flank, filet and the butt for quick grilling/frying and the ribs, shoulders, thighs and shins (and pretty much anything else) for slow roasting.

Deleted
    In a situation like that, u wouldnt even need to consider it. u would just go for it.
    Ppl that answer no arent thinking clearly.
    Theres a nice documentary which I think everyone should watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    How about your children (once you have children that is) - who are still alive?
    Lol that's fucked up, and you changed the rules! TBH though, if they were already dead, yeah I'd eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Even this? This is the absolute nastiest thing ever, and it's a delicacy in the Philliphines.
    Not only would I eat that Balut egg....but yeah, I'd eat it.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

As others have pointed out, rationality decreases as you near starvation. When people are literally on the verge of death due to hunger they will eat anything. Bark, rocks, dirt...people. I would certainly not hesitate to save my life on the grounds of a social taboo. I would not kill someone to eat them, but they are already dead...Hank, it's what's for dinner.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 01:14 AM ----------

Lol that's fucked up, and you changed the rules! TBH though, if they were already dead, yeah I'd eat them.

Not only would I eat that Balut egg....but yeah, I'd eat it.
    I think in a situation like he asked about you have two competing instincts. One is self preservation, and the other is preservation of our young. I guess in that case it boils down to which ever tendency is strongest in the person. I can say with certainty I would eat a dead person, but I honestly have no idea how I would react if it was kill my kid to survive or die. I can assure you I would like to think I would spare my kids life...but who knows...I don't and neither does anyone else.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

I would hesitate if I couldn't prepare the meat first and had to eat it raw. But otherwise yeah, who knows if we don't eat other humans already in kabobs, sausages or hot dogs.
    S.H.