Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This. The mount was from TCG, and like the Spectral cat people paid a lot of money IRL for it. I've seen them as prizes in competitions and all sorts. Seems kind of ridiculous that Blizz are effectively giving it away for free to anybody in game now. If they did the spectral Tiger as a free drop from a rare there would be an uproar.

(and also, as a troll faction mount, I find it funny that Ali can have so many different raptors now)
    exactly, you're getting my point. And the ali thing kinda bothered me too but then again dino land must contain dinosaur mounts and raptors were easy for blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    I see what they did with those primal raptors, giving them skins like the original devilsaurs. Wish they would have used the new skins instead thought XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    I see what they did with those primal raptors, giving them skins like the original devilsaurs. Wish they would have used the new skins instead thought XD
    The green one looks really nice though, i wish they would just add devilsaur mounts because that would fix the issue

The point of this thread is going way over people's heads. I see the rude, unsympathetic WoW forums bannies have migrated to MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I didnt pay alot of money for it (bought it with gold ingame) . It matters to me because it is a slap in the face of everyone who DID pay for it or got lucky enough to get the card
    Surely it's a slap in the face that people have been making hobbyist profit off these cards and getting mounts/pets at the same time*?

Fires of Outland and such excluded. Packs that are no longer on sale are expensive as heck and can be over 4x the price of a booster at best usually. The investment to even try to make your money back (assuming you can) is huge.

That being said you see a few spectral tigers around the cities quite often these days so...

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The point of this thread is going way over people's heads. I see the rude, unsympathetic WoW forums bannies have migrated to MMO-C
    This bugs me too: no one cares. When blizz rehashes content everyone screams but when copy one mount and give it another name no one cares. Hypocrits but then again this is the internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv213 View Post
    Would you play a game in wich every piece of gear looks the same?
    We already do, thanks to poor taste in transmogrification.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

This. The mount was from TCG, and like the Spectral cat people paid a lot of money IRL for it. I've seen them as prizes in competitions and all sorts. Seems kind of ridiculous that Blizz are effectively giving it away for free to anybody in game now. If they did the spectral Tiger as a free drop from a rare there would be an uproar.

(and also, as a troll faction mount, I find it funny that Ali can have so many different raptors now)

A pixel mount paid with RL money, tbh, how is paying rl money for a fancy mount in game any different from paying rl money for a fancy car irl (albeit on a smaller scale).
    If they did make the spectral tiger drop from someplace whose fault is it if these people spent so much money on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The green one looks really nice though, i wish they would just add devilsaur mounts because that would fix the issue
    I agree, devilsaur mounts have been a dream of mine... I was lucky enough to get the green primal out of the first egg I got first day. I would have been unhappy to get the red one, as I do have the savage raptor. Its not red. Its bronze. Red raptor should be red. And it is a bit dissapointing to have exact copies of things. If they're going to keep doing it, then go whole hog, Get me a freaking spectral tiger in game for no real money/ah or stop this silliness about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    If they did make the spectral tiger drop from someplace whose fault is it if these people spent so much money on it?
    Blizzards. If It was a rare card in a set, It's THEIR fault people paid a lot of money for it as that's what it was for and the whole point of the rare cards... to make them rare and to make them valuable. People could have been saving their pennys for months because they really want that mount, and soon as they buy it, Blizz goes screw it, we'll give it free to EVERYONE because we're too lazy to do a new model/skin. It's not their fault for having money, and not assuming Bliz might just decide to give it free to everyone.

Like I said, if any company did this in the real world, NOT with digital objects, there would be an uproar.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-03-09 at 07:05 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    There isnt anything you can do about it besides shrug it off and say "atleast I have a rare version of it..."
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, devilsaur mounts have been a dream of mine... I was lucky enough to get the green primal out of the first egg I got first day. I would have been unhappy to get the red one, as I do have the savage raptor. Its not red. Its bronze. Red raptor should be red. And it is a bit dissapointing to have exact copies of things. If they're going to keep doing it, then go whole hog, Get me a freaking spectral tiger in game for no real money/ah or stop this silliness about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    There isnt anything you can do about it besides shrug it off and say "atleast I have a rare version of it..."
    It looks EXACTLY the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks EXACTLY the same.
    So? Dont see any reason to moan about it, as I said, there isnt anything you can do about it
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    So? Dont see any reason to moan about it, as I said, there isnt anything you can do about it
    Maybe there is like make a ticket or so?

What difference does it make? Mounts are bought/farmed for their looks, NOT their rarity.

I got TLPD and Ashes yet I'm using the drake from Vortex Pinnacle because I like the looks of it even though it's laughably easy to obtain.
    I got the Razzashi raptor from old ZG yet I'm using the baron's Deathcharger because I like the looks of it even though everyone has it.

Vanity in a computer game is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is different in the way that I can like..DRIVE in a RL car? Transport items? Bridge distances? Scale it up to RL? Well, I guess it I start scaling everything up, I can scale stubbing my toe up to a nuclear war?
    U can drive a mount in game, bridge distances etc. Items in a digital world shouldn't necesarily have less value placed on them purely for them being digital.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    What difference does it make? Mounts are bought/farmed for their looks, NOT their rarity.
    I got TLPD and Ashes yet I'm using the drake from Vortex Pinnacle because I like the looks of it even though it's laughably easy to obtain.
    But it's about what different people had to pay for the look they wanted.

So, if you'd really liked the looks of the Vortext Pinnacle Drake, enough to pay about £100 or more on ebay for one... then a week or so later it just became a free drop for everyone, you wouldn't be annoyed at having had to pay that for it, when everyone else gets one free? It's not like you would even have contemplated that the exact mount would eventually be free at the time.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-03-09 at 07:21 PM.

But it's about what people had to pay for the look they want.
    Yes, they paid for the look they wanted and got to use it for YEARS before this new mount became obtainable. And keep in mind that it's still a low % drop that requires lots of time to farm in the first place.

It's like: imagine if you paid 10k dollars for a PC back in 1992. Then three years later the same PC costs 2k dollars. Would you be pissed off? I wouldn't.

Honestly, I don't care that they look the same, but it doesn't make sense and is probably a huge oversight on blizzard's part. They must've messed up along the lines when putting the new mounts into the game. I'd suggest reporting this/tweeting GC because it is most definitely not red. The black primal raptor is black, the green primal raptor is green, the bone-white primal raptor is white and the red primal raptor is orangish/brownish. It should be more red imo.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Yes, they paid for the look they wanted and got to use it for YEARS before this new mount became obtainable. And keep in mind that it's still a low % drop that requires lots of time to farm in the first place.

It's like: imagine if you paid 10k dollars for a PC back in 1992. Then three years later the same PC costs 2k dollars. Would you be pissed off? I wouldn't.
    That analogy fails in that a PC from 1992 wouldn't be nearly as good/useful as one today and compared to others about.

If I bought a calssic car FOR IT's APPEARANCE ALONE back in 1992, and had to pay a premium because I had NO other way to get a car with the look I wanted at the time, and then a few years later the company decided to give them away free to everyone, because not many people had them.. then yes I'd be pissed.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-03-09 at 07:29 PM.