Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Makes me chuckle when folks go nuts over mounts mainly shows that they can no longer the special snowflake that they want to be forever.. All I can say to that is so what who cares... And well the only people who can really claim being special are the lucky ones that got the [Black Qiraji Battle Tank] from the opening of AQ 40 all other mounts pale in comparison as there were only so many folks who got them and that no one can never get them again.

When you can say you were lucky to get a [Black Qiraji Battle Tank] then folks might be impressed..
    Meh, according to guildox I have quite a few old mounts rarer than AQ tank. (ignoring recent panda rares etc)

Anyone who has been playing the game for awhile is likely not impressed with seeing a tank, 90% of people with one that still log in got it during burning crusade easymode. (or even later due to glitch/exploit). I hear its even worse EU side as hundreds jumped on a server that flipped years later.

I do feel for you. As mount collector I wouldn't want to see clones of my rare mounts with exactly same look.

However, mounts are nothing special these days. Blizzard awards mounts for everything: every raid has at least one boss that drops mount, every rep vendor has mounts, many achievements award mounts. Dupers are on rampage cloning all BoE mounts while Blizzard does nothing to stop them. With so many mounts available everywhere, there is no feeling of achievement anymore when getting rare mount. Mounts no longer work as carrot in wow.

Grats on being lucky with TCG and /hug
    The reason Stormwind park was completely destroyed was because the night elves there had the audacity to tell Khadgar that Boomkins are superior to Mages in every way. Deathwing just happened to be flying by.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    At the end of the day it's not something worth getting worked up about, at all. Not even the smallest little bit. There is so much more to think and worry about in life than something as absurdly trivial as this. If anything, I'm glad other people get to experience the mount without the completely retarded TCG nonsense. E-peen flexing is ridiculous and I'll never understand why it matters to people so much. The TCG mount still has a different name so you can /flex about that all you want if that's really how low your ambitions have become.
    This forum is about WoW not about life, in life i'm doing pretty good thank you. This is not about epeen or anything this is about blizzard just copying mounts and reusing it i mean it is rediculous. The name states red and it isn't. Your comment is rather rude
    Prey on the weak and you will survive, prey on the strong and you will live.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    This forum is about WoW not about life, in life i'm doing pretty good thank you. This is not about epeen or anything this is about blizzard just copying mounts and reusing it i mean it is rediculous. The name states red and it isn't. Your comment is rather rude
    So you're mad that something in the MMO industry was copied and reused. In case you hadn't noticed, this has been going on in MMOs forever. Might be time for you to find another genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    Meh, according to guildox I have quite a few old mounts rarer than AQ tank. (ignoring recent panda rares etc)

Anyone who has been playing the game for awhile is likely not impressed with seeing a tank, 90% of people with one that still log in got it during burning crusade easymode. (or even later due to glitch/exploit). I hear its even worse EU side as hundreds jumped on a server that flipped years later.

Not to mention the oceanic servers bugging out years ago making the gates reset. At least 30 people got the tank on Thaurissan alone.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    But if you really like the look of the rooster or rhino, should you get them online? or after this, do you just wait and see if Blizz is going to make those free for everyone in game later down the line too? They've kinda made the TCG mounts worthless, if people don't know if they are or aren't going to stay exclusive to the game anymore.
    TCG mounts other than spectral have been worthless for a long time. Prices were brought to nothing by dupers (so much so for hte only one of any value left - the spectral - people demand proof of authenticity usually), and you can buy them with an investment and end up with $0 lost. Usually making a tidy profit on your dealings.

The only reason the spectral is an outlier (and hence can't be compared) is the boosters no longer actually sell and more people care about it's looks.

How about this as an example (that happens all the time), You buy an item for X, a month later the item goes on a sale for like 75% clearance or some silly deal. You can be pissed all you like but is the business at fault? No, they are not and complaining about it will at best get you a sympathetic refund or exchange. They do not HAVE to do that and 99% of the time won't (in most countries). There are plenty of times where the clearance was unknown of until the day it occured.

Add onto this, in your example you clearly bought a car that you paid for the exclusivity at the time. There was NO guarantee that the company would release more (usually in the details of a limited edition item) and you were a fool for assuming just because you couldn't find one it was exclusive. The mount was never stated as exclusive and we've had near-clones for plenty of TCG items, and TCG items that were near-clones of others. Probably plenty of real clones too.

Last of all.... your sig... it's spelled "Professor"