1. #1
    The Lightbringer Romire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Queensland
    Posts
    3,695

    Cool How to tame Gumi the new Spirit Beast for 5.2



    5.2 brought us 3 new spirit beasts to tame.

    This one is Gumi, who lives in the Kun-Lai Summit mountains near one keg

    This fella packs a punch at 100k damage a hit.

    Hope this helps you all
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hahaha this is funny.

    In daytime i am Varian, King of the Alliance ... but @ night i dress up like a mage and troll arround in Origins of Order.
    Australian Oceanic Player: 6 Year Vet, Multi classit

  2. #2
    Nice vid. I guess having two buddies help would be ideal, definitely a different story if you're solo like it's intended. I'm pretty sure you need to get him down to 20% not 30% but the rest seems accurate.

    I think Degu is the prettiest of them all!


  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Romire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Queensland
    Posts
    3,695
    Quote Originally Posted by ambercom View Post
    Nice vid. I guess having two buddies help would be ideal, definitely a different story if you're solo like it's intended. I'm pretty sure you need to get him down to 20% not 30% but the rest seems accurate.

    I think Degu is the prettiest of them all!

    Well at first i did it myself and followed the guide lines till i disenged off the mountain

    a warrior saw me and helped, then my guildy came in and helped

    But its all on how your able to do it really
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hahaha this is funny.

    In daytime i am Varian, King of the Alliance ... but @ night i dress up like a mage and troll arround in Origins of Order.
    Australian Oceanic Player: 6 Year Vet, Multi classit

  4. #4
    The blue and green was a joke to get solo, the red was a pain in the ass with the server laggs on my server atm (Outland), since you have to me withing 8-10 yards.

  5. #5
    You can kite him out to the road, then down, and back along the lower ridge. There's a slope that you can run up to complete a loop. The terrain in the middle is impassable, so he can't cut the corner on you. Infinite kiting loop.

    Concussive shot + cheetah and he'll never catch you. You can dps him down with just autoshot if you feel like it, but stampede, murder, dire beast, etc will speed it up quite a bit. When he's tamable, hit deterrence and tame. You'll need the glyph of tame beast, and the glyph that prevents daze on cheetah helps if you make a small mistake. If you make a big mistake, just run back and try again. The spawn timer is short.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Romire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Queensland
    Posts
    3,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    The blue and green was a joke to get solo, the red was a pain in the ass with the server laggs on my server atm (Outland), since you have to me withing 8-10 yards.
    took me 8 hours to tame the red one,
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hahaha this is funny.

    In daytime i am Varian, King of the Alliance ... but @ night i dress up like a mage and troll arround in Origins of Order.
    Australian Oceanic Player: 6 Year Vet, Multi classit

  7. #7
    The red one was easy, just had a healer with me and ta-da

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Romire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Queensland
    Posts
    3,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    The red one was easy, just had a healer with me and ta-da
    JERK! lols
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hahaha this is funny.

    In daytime i am Varian, King of the Alliance ... but @ night i dress up like a mage and troll arround in Origins of Order.
    Australian Oceanic Player: 6 Year Vet, Multi classit

  9. #9
    Immortal Soisoisoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,400
    They should make it so you have to solo them, kinda like the L60 Hunter quest. Much more fun.

  10. #10
    It really took you 8 hours to tame Degu? Painful. I got it in 2 tries - just use cheetah glyph and tame pet glyph. Backpedal while keeping concussive shot up 100% and it was no problem. If for some reason you get too far away and he starts casting the ranged attack, just get back to the dead zone and he stops. Not much to it. There are some stealth cats along that area tho - one dazed me from behind which is why I died the first time.

  11. #11
    I tamed Gumi the other day and his new pet name is: GumiBear (I did it with just a blood dk).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •