Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ganking - dead players giving up their loot?

What do you think about this?

(not in BG/arena)

in open world when there's fighting going on and you're within a certain amount of levels, you kill someone and you can loot them, randomly giving you some BoE's in their bags or some gold? kind of like old school wilderness on runescape.

do you think it would be fun? you could also loot honor from them as well instead of instantly giving it to you. idk, just a thought. I think it would increase world pvp. a lot.

and they could also drop ears like in old school diablo, and you can turn in ears or insignias for xmog stuff or additional items.

Oh look a level 88 mage with 10% health just got finished with killing a few quest mobs. Let me go kill him so I can take his gear! That will encourage new players to play this game I'm sure of it!

No.

As for looting some of their gold, I find that acceptable. And I don't think "Ganking" means what you think it means.

It's an interesting idea but too many people would end up complaining about it somehow.

1. People that think by getting ganked they will drop their gear and complain.

2. Some people won't read/care about the level restrictions and think high to low ganking is cool and people will complain.

3. People will complain about not getting any loot because RNG is random.

Again, good idea. But needs to be dumbed down for the community.

A ruleset like the old Tallon Zek server in EQ would be nice. When you kill and loot them it could give you a percentage of the gold they have, instead of all of it like in EQ, and place a buff on them preventing them from losing more gold for a time period. Since WoW doesn't allow you to store your gold in the bank this would keep people from corpse camping someone to bottom out their bank account.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-03-09 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    Stupid idea. Loot in WoW doesn't come as easy as to warrant such a..."feature". Although I'm a pvp-er at heart, if this was implemented while keeping the current requirements to acquire gear, I would cancel my sub in the next second.

However, I wouldn't mind if the non-equipped items were indeed dropped. Would teach ppl a lesson about walking around on pvp servers with full inventory.

worst idea this side of the year. Next

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking people items would obviously never get put in the game, too much crying from ganking as it is. And even rewarding for world kills with ears would be almost impossible because of win trading. If you could sell the ear and make gold, think of how many chinese farmers would be out just murdering their own accounts to make gold.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    A ruleset like the old Tallon Zek server in EQ would be nice. When you kill and loot them it could give you a percentage of the gold they have, instead of all of it like in EQ, and place a buff on them preventing them from losing more gold for a time period. Since WoW doesn't allow you to store your gold in the bank this would keep people from corpse camping someone to bottom out their bank account.
    You realise since 4.0.1 the Gold cap is 999.999 Gold.

"Yo dude, I just killed the achievement farming horde guy here and looted him, got 50k gold from him lol."

Thats 5% as an example for someone who runs around with the gold cap, some players do that. Do you think thats okay ? I for sure don't.

Player looting only works if you put it in you'r game from the start. Its a feature that makes or breaks a game for people and pushing it on the playerbase 7-8 years after launch is simply a no go.

On slope sided servers the player base on the minority would get massacred and would be stone broke within an hour

Terrible idea just terrible

Im not against ganking on pvp servers but to punish people financially is a non starter imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post

(not in BG/arena)

in open world when there's fighting going on and you're within a certain amount of levels, you kill someone and you can loot them, randomly giving you some BoE's in their bags or some gold? kind of like old school wilderness on runescape.

do you think it would be fun? you could also loot honor from them as well instead of instantly giving it to you. idk, just a thought. I think it would increase world pvp. a lot.

and they could also drop ears like in old school diablo, and you can turn in ears or insignias for xmog stuff or additional items.
    You've been playing too many asian (crap) MMOs.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

This would get abused to the max. Players killing themselves on diff accounts just to get gear and gold. Never going to happen.

Deleted

(not in BG/arena)

If they would do this (but it will never happen) almost no one will get out of the city and most ppls will level via dungeons.

I don't think feature like this would increase world pvp, if anything it would kill it entirely since people would just sit in towns even tighter than now.

Do you honestly think this game needs even more possibility for assholes to flex themselves in public view?

Deleted
    It would take fotm rerollers to an entire new state.

i think pvp should give pvp loot like in WAR, where you loot dead people for items that AREN'T from their bags, but items none the less, would make gearing in PvP pretty awesome and would save me having to do a pve raid to get PVP gear..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    It would take fotm rerollers to an entire new state.
    No i believe theyd all still be Rogue.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

It's a nice thought, but it just wouldn't work for an MMO so heavily focused on gear. Players would be scared to log in in case they got ganked and lost gear (and then couldn't do arena/RBGs because they lost gear).

People would just work around the gold thing by having all their gold on a bank alt that never moves from a major town.

10+ Year Old Account

(not in BG/arena)

If you like oldschool runescape, then go and play it. They have released 2007 runescape servers. Now off you go!

The reason PvP in MMOs is fun is because there's not so much of a risk. You die and you can proceed like nothing happened. Gear is also way more special in WoW than it is in RuneScape.