10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 Support

Hey all, I seem to be having a problem with the support team from GW2. Problem meaning that I have never been able to get in contact with them; either through email or phone.

First off, I have not played the game since November and I wanted to pick it up again to see what's changed and so on. I tried logging on and apparently my password had been "blacklisted" (no idea what that means) and that I needed to create a new one. That's all well and good, however, I needed my serial code to implement a new password and I cannot find it anywhere (I bought a digital copy; can't find the email).

Now, on February 12th I got online to their support page and submitted an email direct to their support team (as outlined how you should do it online) and I have YET to recieve even a response from them. Two weeks passed I was still unable to find a phone number to call; also still waiting for a reply at this time. So I then went to NCSoft customer support and called them and they then said they couldn't help me and that I should do exactly what I had did back in February.

Ok, so only a couple of days ago, STILL not having recieved a reply from support, I sent in a brand new ticket and yet again have not recieved any type of response. The only emails I have gotten from them are ones telling me that they recieved the email and my "code" if I had any questions. Well...I am extremely tired of waiting and would really like to get back into the game as my brother has started playing. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing a step? Does anyone know a phone number I can call to help me out?

Note: I CANNOT log on; either to the game itself or my account on their website. Otherwise I would posting this shit on their forums instead of here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people have reported a week plus to get in contact with them via email. I always insist on calling, as it is easy to sit on hold for for a few minutes. I tried looking for a number to Anet, couldn't find one though. Hmm, I guess you will have to keep sending them a support email.

My sister and I both had our characters locked out for about a week. Anet never replied to a single support ticket. One day, there was a patch and we could play those characters once more. I believe my sister's ticket is still "open" after some months now- though its entirely pointless.

About month or two ago, my account was hacked and password changed on me. Took almost 2 weeks to reply to my email.

My husband has had his GW1 accounts hacked many times over the years. Response is usually a week+.

NcSoft/Anet support is garbage in my experience. Just have to wait really.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i know it sucks to talk to morons on the phone, but it really is the fastest way to get a problem fixed, in most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally just call or use the "live chat" option, emails always take way to long...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they have a 3 day turnaround, this from Twitter this morning:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...58363306262530
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Looks like they have a 3 day turnaround, this from Twitter this morning:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...58363306262530
    So if in 3 days you have no reply you have to post on a likely blocked account or get a friend to do it and then hope you get a reply. I had to wait a week only to be told they couldn't find my account in the end I gave up after waiting another week. 3 day turnaround lol.

To op good luck, a net are not renowned for support.

It's not always bad...When I got hacked I was getting responses back within 20 minutes. We had to go back and forth a few times and I ended up getting my account back that same night.

Although...some of the responses I got were fairly stupid and just sorta like, did you even read what I freakin sent you?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange. Had several issues with my brothers account yesterday (he too had not played since last year and found his account had been compromised). There were then authentication issues after that. I had to send three or four tickets in total and each one was responded to within half an hour with helpful information and the entire thing was sorted out within a couple of hours. Not bad at all for a Friday evening. My experience has been top notch.