Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eielayia View Post
    -Evasion works on Quills on Ji-Kun

-Spiritwalker's Grace is strong on Light Spectrum on Durumu esp if you get chosen for red

-Displacer Beast trivializes the tornado dodging on Iron Qon

-Monk/DK defensive are a strong choice for Lei Shen but Ice Block lets you soak that Ring that gets placed on you during transition by yourself
    So does deterrence as well and it's a shorter cooldown so you could use it on both transitions :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Need a bit of healing cd advice on Tortos, raid make-up 2 rogues, hunter, ret pally, blood dk, brewmaster monk, warlock...we faced him the first time at the end of our normal raid time, got in a few wipes to get a look at it before we knocked off. We 2 healed all the previous bosses with myself (R-druid) and Disc Priest, have enhancement shaman dual specced into Resto. Figured it would be a good fight for 3 healing due to all the unavoidable raid dmg, but lining up the cds for optimal use is giving me a headache lol. Want to get some advice prior to our 2nd attempt on Saturday. No WoL to show sadly, it got neglected for these attempts.
    Symbiosis on Shammy..used tree, but not really liking not having my Sotf.

Signature design by Shyama
    I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special!

Quote Originally Posted by Roarey View Post
    Need a bit of healing cd advice on Tortos, raid make-up 2 rogues, hunter, ret pally, blood dk, brewmaster monk, warlock...we faced him the first time at the end of our normal raid time, got in a few wipes to get a look at it before we knocked off. We 2 healed all the previous bosses with myself (R-druid) and Disc Priest, have enhancement shaman dual specced into Resto. Figured it would be a good fight for 3 healing due to all the unavoidable raid dmg, but lining up the cds for optimal use is giving me a headache lol. Want to get some advice prior to our 2nd attempt on Saturday. No WoL to show sadly, it got neglected for these attempts.
    Symbiosis on Shammy..used tree, but not really liking not having my Sotf.
    Warning: Possible incoherent rambling ahead

It's hard to say what you can do with out logs and even with logs it can be hard. I can appreciate missing your SotF (Avid user of it myself) but the movement of Tree form is really quite nice for avoiding spikes. I can't speak for 10 man but in 25 outside of the stomp and tank damage raid damage should be minimal. What it sounds like to me is other players not doing their job.

It is almost essential to have the turtles slowed for the whole time they are up our Warlocks usually attend to this. Having the slows will greatly reduce the amount of damage going out. People should also be using personal damage reduction CDs every stomp if possible (I think people tend to not realise how much this can help) and health stones each stomp if off CD.

On the note of 3 healing (keep in mind I dont raid 10 ToT) As long as you can 1) Kill the first turtle before breath and 2) keep turtles and bats tidy with 5 dps it should be fine.

Your raid is also stacked quite melee heavy while it isn't impossible to do with more melee than ranged it can be tougher as melee have to dance to try and not get knocked back while dpsing turtles.

Another general tip is if you have spare trutles ( you generally will) when new turtles spawn it is a good time to kick it to get the damage debuff on the next turtles.

Example CD Usage
    Now with your healing CDs. Tranq + SWG for the first stomp. 2nd stomp personals and Disco bubble on melee stack point. 3rd Tree form before stomp to get life blooms out. 4th Healthstones and Personals if back up. and 5th Tranq should be up. Some where in there your shammy can drop Healing Tide totem while dpsing.

This is a rough CD chain but hopefully you get the idea.

and remember: Keeping the people alive isn't just the healers job everyone can do their part to help.

You have a mellee heavy group, so if you are wiping to breath, then the mellee needs to take the DPS loss and help with turtles. Turtles have to die fast.

Pre Hot before stomp, use Iron bark on Bat Tank if he has them before a stomp, put mushrooms where MT will be standing.

Have Bat Tank put them near boss so they get hit by shell when it is kicked at boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    Have Bat Tank put them near boss so they get hit by shell when it is kicked at boss.
    Forgot about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips and tricks, good to see it written out and confirming my thoughts! Yes, we are melee heavy, but our raid is comprised of friends and family so switching is not an option..we did manage to eek our way through t14 with this make-up (Elegon and then Amber-Shaper stumped us for a couple raid days)...just takes a little ingenuity As far as personal cds, I agree and it usually takes a few wipe attempts before they realize it, thankfully my exasperation is usually enough to remind them, lol.

I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special!

Quote Originally Posted by Roarey View Post
    Thanks for the tips and tricks, good to see it written out and confirming my thoughts! Yes, we are melee heavy, but our raid is comprised of friends and family so switching is not an option..we did manage to eek our way through t14 with this make-up (Elegon and then Amber-Shaper stumped us for a couple raid days)...just takes a little ingenuity As far as personal cds, I agree and it usually takes a few wipe attempts before they realize it, thankfully my exasperation is usually enough to remind them, lol.
    Good luck and I hope you get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    Good luck and I hope you get it
    Thanks Tricksterjim and Monkeyofcode...great advice! We managed to get Tortos AND Megaera down this weekend With the melee heavy group we were having issues with the dmg in the middle..couldn't figure out who to have on what(bats, turtles..kicking) so we ignore a mechanic all together...our Monk tank kited the bats which resulted in a crapton less damage to heal!! Ji-Kun fight begins next weekend.....I wanna fly