10+ Year Old Account

So I might have been exposed to TB

If all you so cal people have been paying attention to the news, a person at my college (cal poly pomona) has Tuberculosis and when i'm reading this, i was like "hah, i feel sorry for the people who were in contact with this guy"...well i just found out he was in my class sitting next to me for two quarters....

i'm freaking out because they say the incubation period can last up to 12 weeks and it became quite odd that my wife came down with a cough that has never been so bad before...now i gotta get tested.

anybody else have come down with some real life-threatening disease and how did you react to finding it out?

Your location is in southern California... as I went to university here myself, weren't you required to go through all the TB tests before entering school? Very strange that that could happen, as from what I understood, it's mandatory to get tested out here.

Deleted
    Easy to cure nowadays, do not fret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Your location is in southern California... as I went to university here myself, weren't you required to go through all the TB tests before entering school? Very strange that that could happen, as from what I understood, it's mandatory to get tested out here.
    its strange, and don't quote me on this because im following from what i've seen, but i've noticed they only look after foreign students and people that are out of state...but for people like me who has lived here all my life in this state, i don't think i've ever submitted TB tests, only immunizations from Hepatitus and other known virus/diseases

You're doomed. Dibs this guy's account when he's...ya know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yup. No big deal. Go to the Dr. They will give you a chest x-ray and a few bacteria tests- possibly.

Its just a bacteria- can be ugly yes. But should be no problem.

Plus if you were born here in the US you were given a TB shot when you were a baby (series now I believe) and booster before you went to college. This lowers your chances of catching the disease significantly.

GO TO THE MD =)

For a minute i thought you meant Total Biscuit, and i felt bad for you... but clearly you mean Tuberculosis, so no worries. A doctor can clear that up pretty easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it's one of the multiple resistant strains that are starting to appear.
    Last edited by Masark; 2013-03-09 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    its strange, and don't quote me on this because im following from what i've seen, but i've noticed they only look after foreign students and people that are out of state...but for people like me who has lived here all my life in this state, i don't think i've ever submitted TB tests, only immunizations from Hepatitus and other known virus/diseases
    I suppose that's possible, I came from out of state.

10+ Year Old Account
    one time i got a real bad case of stomach flu and threw up 10 lbs worth of food but other than that no. as for the tuberculosis that depends on what strain it is. which really can't be determined till you go get it checked out.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    its strange, and don't quote me on this because im following from what i've seen, but i've noticed they only look after foreign students and people that are out of state

ofc its true. no G8 countries has had domestic TB in a looong time. all the cases are ppl coming from abroad infecting locals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the UC's required immunizations, but its been awhile and my memory of shots and things is blacked out because needles

i really need to get my jab, i remember having my meningitis one but i missed the school day when everyone had their TB jabs.

Unless its drug resistant. The US is notorious for prescribing broad spectrum antibiotics for no good reason.