Help with new shado-pan trinket for shadow

Can anyone tell me if I should be recasting dots every time if it procs and recasting them again before the proc ends? Might be a lot to ask, but ideally it's someone who has done the math/theorycrafting on this, not just a baseless opinion of what you think should be done. Thanks a lot.

If Vamp has more than 10s remaining when it procs, refresh SW:P when it procs, and both dots when it's about to end.

Initially, the 10s duration makes the trinket pretty bad for shadow, which is mainly the reason you'll see most people still rockin' their Essence of Terror.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Personally i have had lots of success with that trinket because of the lower ICD you can almost always match it with PI especially the start burst is really strong, if you get it to proc right before a DP then u just get an immense bonus if you are using MF:I. The multi dotting capabilities makes it awesome not only in single target. If its anything i recommend buying asap for your VP its this trinket.

10s procs aren't ideal for us, but if you don't have upgraded terror and cosmos trinkets, this one is solid. It's supposed to proc quite a bit to make up for the short duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    If Vamp has more than 10s remaining when it procs, refresh SW:P when it procs, and both dots when it's about to end.

Initially, the 10s duration makes the trinket pretty bad for shadow, which is mainly the reason you'll see most people still rockin' their Essence of Terror.
    Is EoT is better then Relic of Yulon? Sorry if offtop.

Quote Originally Posted by sashjke View Post
    Is EoT is better then Relic of Yulon? Sorry if offtop.

Yes, normal EoT is marginally better than Yu'lon.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/