Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is overall stronger: Garrosh or Varian?

While strength and fighting power does contribute to this poll, it does not define the whole thing. In terms of strength, military might, charisma, intelligence, willpower, and determination, who do you think is overall superior and why?

Deleted
    Varian Wrynn was beating the crap out of that orc already. So in 1vs1 in wins.

In term of army , alliance's is vastly superior to the few garrosh's follower even though singulary the average orc may be a bit stronger than the average human. So Varian Wrynn would win.

Determination .. well Garrosh is quite stubborn on his i'm-the-best's thought so in terms of guts i dont think he loses to Varian Wrynn.

Willpower is a bit like determination for me so .. i guess he doesnt lose easily. ( You can't make a stupid understand that he is stupid .. can you? ).

Charisma .. not even to discuss. Varian crushes Garrosh on all sides.

Intelligence... does Garrosh have a brain at all ?

I am a bit biased but i suppose i gave an objective answer.

So my vote goes to Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Personal strength i would say Hellscream just because of his size. Varain is an agile fighter not a brute force fighter.

For Military Might Hellscream is an amazing battle taction. Although his may use is brute force where and how he uses it is what makes him a amazing taction. Varian has fallen for his tricks many times.

For intelligence, i would say both are even but as of late i would say Varian wins this since he has become alot less hot headed.

For charisma, I would say Varian since the whole alliance looks up to him. Even the blood elves were willing to talk with him. Hellscream losses this one because its only the orcs who look up to him.

For willpower, Same as above. Varian looks out for the whole of the alliance while hellscream only looks out for the orcs.

For determination I am going with Hellscream because his determination to see the Orcs become more then just living in the desert is a fierce determination. If only he showed that determination for the rest of the horde it would be alot different now then it is.
    Aye mate

Surprised at how little attention this is getting

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty inconsistent. In Wolfheart, they fought more or less on equal footing before Varian's Godrinn powerup became apparent, at which point Garrosh just couldn't keep up with the guy's unlimited stamina.

They were about even in Tides of War though, so eh.

Physically, Garrosh takes the cake (just look at him), but Varian is obviously more skilled, tactical and lucid, not to mention his newfound wolf god blessing. I'd say Varian has the edge on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Garrosh has more brutal strength, Varian is more tactical

This again? I think Varian is by far superior to Garrosh in every way Goldrinn or not.

Deleted
    Varian on the basis of the Goldrinn stuff. There isn't much in it if their last encounter is anything to go by.

Varian could go toe-to-toe before his blessing, with it Garrosh cannot match him unless he forgets to check his weapon for poisons. Again.

only other person that can match varian toe to toe, is thrall, Garrosh only has strength, nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    only other person that can match varian toe to toe, is thrall, Garrosh only has strength, nothing else
    How so with Thrall? He has the elements at his command wheras Varian simply has an unlimited stamina pool. They're in two completely different leagues.

Varian, Garrosh may be a braindead muscular orc but come on does he have any fighting skill at all?Varian was a gladiator, he has infinite stamina due to the fact he is holding the spirit of a wolf god inside of him.Need I say more?

10+ Year Old Account
    This again? Wasn't there a thread like this a few weeks ago?

Varian of course, All Garrosh has to him is roid rage, where as Varian has been trained to fight as a human and by an orc, he's 'blessed' by the wolf god, and between the two of them is more the good guy, Garrosh the bad guy. And in warcraft that gives to causality for beating an idiot like Garrosh.

I really want to see Varian and/or Garrosh try and get up in Thrall's face. I'm still to the belief that neither could last more than a few minutes with him.

But yeah, I think Varian would ultimately win, because while Garrosh is a battle-hardened berserker, Varian has a lot to fight for. Humans have always been known for their emotions, and I think that Varian could use that (Along with the whole wolf thing) to defeat Garrosh. I imagine it would be close though.
    d=(^_^)z

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    I really want to see Varian and/or Garrosh try and get up in Thrall's face. I'm still to the belief that neither could last more than a few minutes with him.

But yeah, I think Varian would ultimately win, because while Garrosh is a battle-hardened berserker, Varian has a lot to fight for. Humans have always been known for their emotions, and I think that Varian could use that (Along with the whole wolf thing) to defeat Garrosh. I imagine it would be close though.
    that seems to be the running theme of what pandaria is about, what do people fight for, and is the thing we fight for just?
    Varian's, you could say he does it for his kingdom, and his people, and to keep his lands safe, he also fights for his son and those who died.
    Garrosh has no family, no friends, and his whole reason for fighting for the horde has become just his purpose to conquer and destroy.

Garrosh is an orc so..physically he beats Varian into a pulp. But on all other counts Varian is stronger.

Deleted
    They're both of about the same intellectual calibre and have equal diplomatic proficiency, so what does it matter which one can swing a stick the hardest. They're both sub-par heads of state.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I wouldnt say that, Garrosh is fighting for the orc's, for his people. He's disillusioned at times, but ultimately he believes his people are worth going to war with everyone for. The Alliance just so happen to be his biggest obstacle. If Blizzard didnt write him so batshit insane he would probably be a good Warchief. But even though he's controversial he is still fulfilling what a Warchief should be. Plus he's gained so many tactical advantages and resources for his people.
    He's created unrest and strife within the horde as well as destroyed any chance at peace with the alliance. What resources he "gained" were uneeded and only used to fuel his insane plot to destroy the world. And being called a warchief doesn't mean he has to be a warmonger, just like being called the horde doesn't mean they have to be the savages that the first horde had become.

Varian himself, is far superior in most ways. While Garrosh might have physical strength on his side due to being an orc, that's about the only advantage he has. Varian has had significant training both as alliance royalty and back when he fought in the arena. And though it's complete bullshit, he did kill Onyxia. Garrosh quite literally has nothing under his belt. All he has is whatever training he may have gotten while having leadership in Nagrand, and even then, there is little in the way of an actual challenge there.

And at least Varian has good cause. He does fight for his people, but he lets his racism and contempt for the horde get the better of him when it shouldn't, which has caused more problems than they have helped. It's at least better than Garrosh, who is disillusioned into thinking that the horde needs to destroy everyone around them in order to win. And Varian doesn't need to ride on his bloodline to get things done, unlike Garrosh who flaunts the fact that Grom's his father like it was his own dick.

Anyway, the whole Varian/Garrosh thing is a bit much. It's obvious enough who is superior than the other, when you compare a seasoned veteran against a brute who spent most of his life crying on his shattered homeworld.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Varian for sure. Garrosh is just all muscles no brain.

Of course Varian. As always: speed+agilty>strength+muscles