Volatile talisman of the shado'pan assault?

How good is this trinket compared to the old affli combination of light of the cosmos+Essence of terror? I'm thinking of swapping my LFR essence of terror for this trinket, but I'm not exactly sure what the uptime on the proc is at the moment. Since the essence of terror lasts more but procs less often, I suppose this trinket is better for affli if it's proc-rate is as high as the light of the cosmos.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you get the best help if someone point you to a post or url that does a dps comparison to all trinkets, new and old.
    Sadly I missplaced mine and I only had for 5.1 anyway.

Someone help us out
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

There's discussion about whether it's better than a fully upgraded heroic EoT so it should be safe to say it's much better than the LFR version.

Never had heroic EOT x2 so i just got it since vs reliq of yu (darkmoon) 522 beats the shit out of it :P

but id like to see simcraft of lotc heroic vs new rppm trinkets etc. with big and low haste values

I don't know the etiquette of posting stuff from another forum here, but over at icy-veins, the go to warlock guy has volatile rated second BiS for trinkets for both demonology and affliction and fourth for destro. I'm a little skeptical that Blizzard would put such a powerful trinket in the hands of us lowly VP gear monkeys, but Zagam seems to know what he's doing.

icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1654-52-warlock-trinkets/

Well further complicating things is the fact that apparently a lot of the Normal trinkets with RPPM procs are just not proccing. People are going 5min+ without a proc. Don't know how bad this is for the lock trinkets, but the VP one has seemed reliable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Well further complicating things is the fact that apparently a lot of the Normal trinkets with RPPM procs are just not proccing. People are going 5min+ without a proc. Don't know how bad this is for the lock trinkets, but the VP one has seemed reliable to me.
    I keep hearing people talk about the issues with RPPM trinkets, but my Shado-pan trinket's uptime has been really high for me. I'm not sure what causes the issues with RPPM trinkets to happen, though

Isn't the shado-pan trinket an ICD trinket? Pretty sure I read that somewhere....

Ah here, I don't know how to quote it from the main page, but a few days ago they posted a blue text that had this...
    Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful spell. 45 sec ICD.

Shado-pan trinket is ICD, yes. Personally, I use it with Demonology and my opening dps is much higher as a result. Replaced 2/2 DMC.

This trinket is amazing I love it especially when you get Bloodlust off the bat... Trinket proc + Dark Soul + Bloodlust = Soooo much Haste! It's also great when it procs in AoE situations and you can rapid fire SoC's.

Deleted
    The trinket seems pretty reliable so far, more than sha trinket for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    I'm a little skeptical that Blizzard would put such a powerful trinket in the hands of us lowly VP gear monkeys, but Zagam seems to know what he's doing.
    Makes as much sense as DMF trinkets and MWC.

Kinda wish the duration was a bit longer, 10 seconds is a bit short for my liking as afflic, but it's great while it's up.

I don't play demo much, anyone able to clear up how to get the most out of it as that? If it procs while in meta, I'm assuming TOC won't benefit, so is it better to use some of your MC procs, or would it be more ideal to drop out of meta and use it to gen some quick fury via quick SF / SB casts?