Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of binding it to my SF, since they both share the same CD; however, such a huge mana surge might lack in usefulness, at least early in fights, which would, make you delay the cast (or sort of force you into spending mana via expensive heals) in order to reduce/overcome mana being wasted. This in turn would reduce the amount of times you could use it during the fight. I usually cast my first MBender when I'm between 200k-230k mana which is usually a minute and a half into a fight (fights vary ofc). However ,with this setup, I'd probably have to delay it even further, to the 2 min mark maybe, which will affect posterior uses correspondingly. Mainly this will be a concern for shorter, and more mana-intensive fights, rather than longer, steady mana-usage fights (5-6 min v/s longer ones).

After all that blather, my question comes down to: Should I bind the trinket's on-use with SF, or just keep'em separated, even if that means another binding and CD to keep track of?
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    I was thinking of binding it to my SF, since they both share the same CD; however, such a huge mana surge might lack in usefulness, at least early in fights, which would, make you delay the cast (or sort of force you into spending mana via expensive heals) in order to reduce/overcome mana being wasted. This in turn would reduce the amount of times you could use it during the fight. I usually cast my first MBender when I'm between 200k-230k mana which is usually a minute and a half into a fight (fights vary ofc). However ,with this setup, I'd probably have to delay it even further, to the 2 min mark maybe, which will affect posterior uses correspondingly. Mainly this will be a concern for shorter, and more mana-intensive fights, rather than longer, steady mana-usage fights (5-6 min v/s longer ones).

After all that blather, my question comes down to: Should I bind the trinket's on-use with SF, or just keep'em separated, even if that means another binding and CD to keep track of?
    Separated is mathematically better, but another thing to watch/press. Up to you if it's worth it or not.

horridon trinket is pretty "beast" >_> <_<

got 4 stack of it today when i was raiding on my priest lol and procs so frequently
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Not a big theory crafter but i managed to get the Horridon trinket to stack to 4 largely spamming only atonement on a dummy, in my eyes the regen from this trinket is huge i managed to get it to 4 stacks and from what I've read 5 is the limit and with no ICD, this is the normal trinket and remember the Heroic versions are mean't to have an increased proc chance, factor in the no Rapture<>Spirit gain and i would say if it remains in its current state it will be one of our 2 BiS trinkets. Will only benefit further under haste/heroism raid buffs.

http: //i.imgur.com/og5yZRK.jpg

Remove the space after http: not allowed to post until i have more fml

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    As stated you should only shy away from spirit trinkets if you can reach your required/wanted spirit level from gems and reforging alone. Using one spirit trinket and one int trinket with int proc (which doesn't exist for us) still doesn't change the fact that the spirit trinket is a bad choice. I really don't know how I can explain this any clearer than I already did above.
    Ok, that's your opinion. I will continue to experiment with various trinkets. As PW:S suddenly became more accessible and short-term procs are no longer benefiting us I wonder if with enough spirit we could just spam PW:S, because with AA up and if it crits (and i see more and more priests going for the crit and you can get somewhere around 30% raid buffed) you are looking at 250k shields and with the predictable dmg patterns this tier that could be quite useful.

That being said, I think I will probably end up with 2 Int trinkets. Proc chance of hydra-bag is awful, altho i didn't took it for the proc.
    Last edited by phyx; 2013-03-18 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Ok, that's your opinion. I will continue to experiment with various trinkets. As PW:S suddenly became more accessible and short-term procs are no longer benefiting us I wonder if with enough spirit we could just spam PW:S, because with AA up and if it crits (and i see more and more priests going for the crit and you can get somewhere around 30% raid buffed) you are looking at 250k shields and with the predictable dmg patterns this tier that could be quite useful.

That being said, I think I will probably end up with 2 Int trinkets. Proc chance of hydra-bag is awful, altho i didn't took it for the proc.

I tend to hate static spirit trinkets unless I am holy, even if they do give insane amounts of mp5 as disc. What bothers me most, are those god awful procs blizzard keeps putting on them.

No amount of spirit can make me use the current static spirit trinkets >.<

Deleted
    Ok, that's your opinion.
    It's your right to do exactly what you want, but saying that you shouldn't use any of the current spirit trinkets if you can reach your preferred spirit amount without them isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

Deleted
    Been using the Shado-Pan Haste/Int trinket as Disc.

Pretty nice upgrade from upgraded Chi Ji.

The haste proc occurs regularly and is very helpful.

the DPS trinket reinforce? If so, I read that they have reduced proc rates for non dps classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like for a mix of regen and through put our best bet is Horridon and Shado-Pan Assault.

Going pure throughput I'd say Horridon and Lightning chalice.

For pure regen double spirit trinkets, as long as you are landing rapture with good consistency.

None of the trinkets really grab me as being exceptional outside of Horridon which I am seeing 123-130k mana regen from every fight.

The 3 min cd on Shadopan puts it at a disadvantage assuming you get your first good use out of it at around 30 seconds, so assuming a 7 minute fight you will get 3 full uses on it so 89,415 mana (so we will say 90k). Not a bad trinket at all, and the only other great option for those of us who didn't see a H SoS, or upgrade a normal one as far as hybrid throughput regen proc.

<Focus> US - Thunderlord. (20)

Out of curiosity, I do have non-upgraded heroic Qin-Xi. Is there any normal mode trinket beside Horridon actually worth replacing that one? Swapped on priest 1 week prior to patch so catching up. I plan to replace my Chi-Ji by Shado-Pan Offensive VP trinket, and heroic Horridon will someday drop, but I wasn't too sure about the other ones and most ranking I've seen always consider the upgraded versions.

I don't really have any mana issues, so I suspect double static int is the way to go as usual, not really a fan of intellect procs.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

So I have Normal Spirits of the Sun 0/2 and Relic of Chi-Ji 0/2. I plan on buying the Shado-Pan Assault mana back trinket tonight, and using it to replace Relic. For pure regen I'm still better off using Spirits and SPA trinket until I get Horridon's, then use Horridon's and SPA right?

It's your right to do exactly what you want, but saying that you shouldn't use any of the current spirit trinkets if you can reach your preferred spirit amount without them isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
    I would disagree again. If for instance you want to choose to spam PW:S all day long, you might want to pick up those. I to be honest spamming PW:S with stacking spirit and crit is not a bad idea. I'm not just blowing air here, I always take the most HPS way, and I do have many, many high rankings to back me up. I know some of you hate logs, but they do prove something (other than cheesing and ignoring mechanics with which you won't get away in a HC guild)

Deleted
    I would disagree again. If for instance you want to choose to spam PW:S all day long, you might want to pick up those. I to be honest spamming PW:S with stacking spirit and crit is not a bad idea. I'm not just blowing air here, I always take the most HPS way, and I do have many, many high rankings to back me up. I know some of you hate logs, but they do prove something (other than cheesing and ignoring mechanics with which you won't get away in a HC guild)
    "It's your right to do exactly what you want, but saying that you shouldn't use any of the current spirit trinkets if you can reach your preferred spirit amount without them isn't an opinion, it's a fact."

"It's your right to do exactly what you want, but saying that you shouldn't use any of the current spirit trinkets if you can reach your preferred spirit amount without them isn't an opinion, it's a fact."
    I agree, even with the rapture nerf. I am fairly comfortable on most fights with 11k spirit, of course I have to manage my cool downs extremley well.

BUT, the spirit trinkets at some point are just not a good choice anymore. You lose too much throughput at the cost of having extra regen, if you are truley having mana problems past 11k-12k and need to stack spirit trinkets for more regen then your casting priorities might be off somewhere.

Also, PW:S "Spam" is viable at moments I don't think it's something you should try to revert to back in WoTLK, but there are a handful of fights with extremley high mobility phases that are still throwing AOE damage that coating two groups with PW:S is very viable and suggested in my opinion.

I don't think you should be trying to PW:S Spam every single boss aoe, but making it a higher pre casting priority a couple times isn't a bad option either.

Basically what you said was nothing. 'If you reached your preferred amount of *any stat*, despite the fact that that might not be actually good for your overall play and you could be pumping out bigger numbers, you should leave it at that. That's a fact.' You said literally nothing. It's all about biggest output.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There comes a point where adding more spirit does not allow you to realistically heal in a more aggressive way. That is what he is getting at. If you can get to that point without taking spirit trinkets, this tier's spirit trinkets are not worth using.

Deleted
    Basically what you said was nothing. 'If you reached your preferred amount of *any stat*, despite the fact that that might not be actually good for your overall play and you could be pumping out bigger numbers, you should leave it at that. That's a fact.' You said literally nothing. It's all about biggest output.
    No, I'm talking about how you should get to that stat amount. You simply fail to grasp what I'm talking about, and I'm sorry to say it, but I doubt that's my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    There comes a point where adding more spirit does not allow you to realistically heal in a more aggressive way. That is what he is getting at. If you can get to that point without taking spirit trinkets, this tier's spirit trinkets are not worth using.

This 100%.

Regen is no longer good if you cannot consume the resource as fast as it regenerates. Yes you want to be able to regenerate more then you are consuming at SOME point, but thats where rapture comes in. Call it like a soft cap.

If your regen is too high and you can't put out enough throughput to consume it, and are left with excess. It's wasted.

VS

If your regen is at a COMFORTABLE level, and not excessive. What would have been regen, will go to additional throughput (which is always needed in heroic modes period). Being disc, shields are almost no over heal, so most of the extra throughput is going to be used regardless.

Deleted
    Horridon + Lei Shen trinket looks like the winners this tier tbh.