Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to try out one of the dps trinkets for discipline, as a few people have suggested...however, I'm a bit concerned that with the way Blizzard does things, they'll see disc priests doing most of their healing with atonement and taking dps trinkets and take the opportunity to nerf atonement and make the dps trinkets less viable.

Deleted
    I could see maaaybe cha-yes and uneering vision being viable for disc (assuming that it works, blizzard did state that the proc rate would be multiplied by 0 for non-caster specs http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=109#2169 ). Considering the significantly higher procrate I'd still imagine that lightning-imbued will be superior though.

Proc was buffed for all trinkets in ToT. Does that change the value of that trinket? Cause having 2x 1500 spi from 2 trinkets allows a lot more reforging options, not to mention mana returns and PWSing all the time.

Deleted
    Afaik all the proc trinkets were buffed with the same amount which means that they are the ~ the same level, comparatively (or possible worse, considering that their procs are quite bad). It does increase their value compared to t14/the shado-pan trinket, but I hardly think they are particularly strong anyways. Spirit on trinkets isn't really something you want to look for, try to get the required level from gear/gems instead.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-14 at 01:42 AM.

I'm not sure if i don't want spirit on trinkets. It allows a lot of room for gemming and reforing, including gemming for pure int, which i've noticed some top tier priests are already doing.

Deleted
    The point is that you trade intellect for spirit at a 1:1 ratio with most trinkets (and flasks+food), and you trade int for spirit at a 1:2 ratio with gems. To illustrate:

Scenario 1. You use a spirit trinket that gives 1.6k spirit, and 10 int gems. You end up with 1.6k spirit and 1.6k int.

Scenario 2. You use a int trinket that gives 1.6k int, and 10 spirit gems. You end up with 3.2k spirit and 1.6k int.

Hence it's usually better to get as much spirit as possible from gear/gems before considering spirit trinkets (excluding those with very strong procs, e.g. qin-xi). Do you see what I mean?

Deleted
    Anyone got the Absorb/Spirit trinket? Dropped last night for me. Seems terrible so far. Procced 4/5 times per encounter and contributed a measly 200k. May go back to Chi-Ji.

Yes, but you can also take a spirit trinket and gem spirit or spirit + int/mastery/crit hoarding up even more spirit, and maybe take 2nd trinket pure int with int proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Yes, but you can also take a spirit trinket and gem spirit or spirit + int/mastery/crit hoarding up even more spirit, and maybe take 2nd trinket pure int with int proc.
    As stated you should only shy away from spirit trinkets if you can reach your required/wanted spirit level from gems and reforging alone. Using one spirit trinket and one int trinket with int proc (which doesn't exist for us) still doesn't change the fact that the spirit trinket is a bad choice. I really don't know how I can explain this any clearer than I already did above.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    As stated you should only shy away from spirit trinkets if you can reach your required/wanted spirit level from gems and reforging alone. Using one spirit trinket and one int trinket with int proc (which doesn't exist for us) still doesn't change the fact that the spirit trinket is a bad choice. I really don't know how I can explain this any clearer than I already did above.
    I agree with you Cookie. I think it would be better to just ask what his spirit is, what he wants it to be, and avoid spirit trinket if he's already there through gems/reforges.

I think the problem lies in the fact that most people tend to keep on stacking spirit, regardless of the fact that after a certain level, its value is greatly diminished (except during progression, which reduces this premise but does not obviate it completely). The goal is to have enough regen to go OOM at the end of the fight, not end up with 100k (except for rare occasions where you regenerated a lot of mana close to the end of the fight). Now, you also have to take into account that almost every healer will want to go above this theoretical spirit value in order to have a cushion to make up for unaccountable events which force us to spend more mana to save people who just screwed up by not regarding encounter mechanics/lag/dc's/etc.. However, people will continue this practice, especially now with new content and we're still testing it out, and there's not as much info and people are still getting used to it.

My gear level is far below a conventional raider (iLevel 497) so I haven't really gotten to my particular spirit comfort number. I'm sitting at ~9400 I believe, and probably will keep stacking until about ~10500 as I see things right now (subject to change of course). However, as soon as I can, I'll switch out my Dominance Offensive trinket (3.3k spirit on 1-minute CD + 1152 Int) for, hopefully, Horridon's, if I get lucky.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Shado Pan + Horridon all the way. Unless I get Lei Shens and it turns out to be useful, but again.. I don't trust proc trinkets.

Fully upgraded Heroic Spirits and Horridons is still where its at.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irialx View Post
    Seeing as I won't be able to get to upgrade Heroic Spirits right now, even if I did get it, what would you reccommend as the other trinket besides Horridon? Should I get the Shado-Pan rep trinket? And does Atonement stack L-IC?
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irialx View Post
    Lucky bastard.

@Yeti. Shado-pan is pretty much the best option if you can't get 2/2 hc spirits (or qin-xi's), you could possibly replace that with lei shens once you reach a comfy amount of spirit (the proc is far better than the spirit trinkets, but it's far from amazing). Atonement counts as a heal for every other trinket, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with lei shens.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-14 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    Seeing as I won't be able to get to upgrade Heroic Spirits right now, even if I did get it, what would you reccommend as the other trinket besides Horridon? Should I get the Shado-Pan rep trinket? And does Atonement stack L-IC?
    I've heard it does stack it, however I cannot personally vouch for this as I have not tested it. I would say take the shadow pan rep one. Its really pick the lesser of the evils because the trinkets rather suck. (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Lucky bastard.

@Yeti. Shado-pan is pretty much the best option if you can't get 2/2 hc spirits (or qin-xi's), you could possibly replace that with lei shens once you reach a comfy amount of spirit (the proc is far better than the spirit trinkets, but it's far from amazing). Atonement counts as a heal for every other trinket, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with lei shens.

By the skin of my teeth. Got it the last week. We hadnt seen ANY normal OR heroic Spirits. I upgraded that puppy so fast.

Sidenote, we never got the caster trinket off of Sha on Heroic or Normal once with all of our ranged coining ever time. Yay go 10 man loot!
    Last edited by Irielle; 2013-03-14 at 04:20 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the quick response. I'll get Shado-Pan today or tomorrow at the latest (need 650 more valor to buy it, yay for grinding... NOT!).

So right now I have equipped the shadow pan rep trinket and an un-upgraded spirits. Recently I just got the LRF Horridon's trinket and am wondering if I should switch out my spirits for it. Thoughts?

Just wanted to point out some regen on shado pan trinket.

On average, i am getting 120k-150k returns per fight depending on how quickly I use it into the boss attempt.

That information is hardly useful without giving corresponding fight lengths. It's just a random number without any context.

Iron qon, 11 minutes.