Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
66
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,754
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Yeah, I loved the Cata launch HCs, not so much the Troll or HoT ones, but I loved the difficulty of the launch ones. Seeing how half-assed heroics have become, I don't care for them and would hate for them to take time away from good raids, like they've done in the past.
    I didn't really mind the troll ones (was always focused on getting the bear mount,) but yeah, the HoT ones were... ehhhhh... End Time was okay; it had fun boss fight mechanics, but Well of Eternity was a hugely wasted opportunity, and the hour of twilight dungeon itself should have just been a phased storyline quest in dragonblight...

    What I fundamentally don't understand is why Blizzard keeps putting out "heroic" dungeons, when they continue to be the only iteration of said dungeon (Like most of the MoP dungeons.) If players are so concerned with max level dungeon difficulty, that's where NORMAL max level dungeons should fit into the mix, with heroics being... well, heroic dungeons. Everyone keeps their content.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  2. #302
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    It's well known 5.4 will be the last patch of the expansion, and since 5.3 will not feature any new dungeons or raids, it'll be coming up in around 2-3 months, and 5.4 4 months after that, then the year of nothing begins.
    We'll see how far they are with the next expansion at Blizzcon, hopefully they'll have worked quite a bit on it by now, however, I'm not holding my hopes too high. Unlike WotLK and Cata I enjoy MoP and will have lots of things to do on alts before the next expansion hits, where as by the end of those two expansions I only had one raid to do and some heroics, here I'll have a bunch of raids instead. To me, that's a good trade-off. Plus, they say that the unannounced feature of 5.4 will give us plenty of content, let's hope so.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    You do realise there was about 5 months inbetween firelands and hour of twilight right.......
    Yes, but really, the HoT heroics were that bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I didn't really mind the troll ones (was always focused on getting the bear mount,) but yeah, the HoT ones were... ehhhhh... End Time was okay; it had fun boss fight mechanics, but Well of Eternity was a hugely wasted opportunity, and the hour of twilight dungeon itself should have just been a phased storyline quest in dragonblight...
    HoT felt like what could have been a scenario these days, with unmemorable and easy boss fights, included with bad RP and stupid lore. WoE really wasn't that bad, but it really hurt to see the potential be thrown down the drain, plus the Mannoroth battle was stupid. End Time all depended on what shrines you got to go to, I love the Baine encounter, and the Sylvanas one was also okay, but the Jaina and Tyrande rooms were tedious and badly designed as they got boring too fast. The main reason I didn't enjoy the rehashed ZG and ZA was that they had taken such a big step down in difficulty, and they were the only new content for quite a long time, and rehashing ALL of ZA was a bad move. It just dissapointed me so much because I loved Grim Batol, Blackrock Caverns, Vortex Pinnacle, Stonecore and so on.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2013-03-09 at 10:56 PM.

  3. #303
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,215
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    It's well known 5.4 will be the last patch of the expansion, and since 5.3 will not feature any new dungeons or raids, it'll be coming up in around 2-3 months, and 5.4 4 months after that, then the year of nothing begins.
    That's an assumption that it will be a year of nothing even though there WILL be things to do. You say that from a jaded point of view. It's not like Dungeons are the beauty of MMORPG's and WoW.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's an assumption that it will be a year of nothing even though there WILL be things to do. You say that from a jaded point of view. It's not like Dungeons are the beauty of MMORPG's and WoW.
    Fine then, forget everything that has happened with Cata.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's an assumption that it will be a year of nothing even though there WILL be things to do. You say that from a jaded point of view. It's not like Dungeons are the beauty of MMORPG's and WoW.
    It's an assumption based on history. At the start of Cataclysm when we were coming out that long tier of ICbloodyC we were told "Oh no, never happening again, we are going to have faster and faster expansions" and then we had Dragon Soul. It's nice that you are so confident that 5.4 will bring enough content to sustain us till th next expansion, but I think most of us will believe it when we see it.

  6. #306
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,754
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    It's an assumption based on history. At the start of Cataclysm when we were coming out that long tier of ICbloodyC we were told "Oh no, never happening again, fwe are going to have faster and faster expansions" and then we had Dragon Soul. It's nice that you are so confident that 5.4 will bring enough content to sustain us till th next expansion, but I think most of us will believe it when we see it.

    Blizzard completely changed directions with their content schedule in the middle of Cataclysm; I'm sure that slipped them up more than anything.

    Plus, I do believe they have said they have one of their coveted "teams" working on the next expansion? I seem to remember them saying they always have one team working on one patch, another working on the patch after it, and the next expansion.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Yea that's exactly what I"m saying because that's exactly what people want. Look nobody did these fucking dailies in the past, or at least a minority of you people did. How the fuck can you say people were asking for more daily content WHEN THEY NEVER FUCKING DID DAILY CONTENT TO BEGIN WITH? If they did they wouldn't be fucking bored because the list of daily content in cataclysm is a mile fucking long. How do you not get this.

    I don't need to do these dailies because the rewards behind them are shit. Subsequently they aren't forced or "compelling" in BLizzard parlance. However as you say I can jsut do LFR and then run out of things to do in the game. IN fact LFR isn't even worth doing and that's the fucking point. Dungeons in cata WERE WORTH DOING. they were worth doing because they gave you gear and rep with the tabards. Without dungeons their isn't fucking content I can farm to my hearts content on the days I can farm it. Since their not likely to remove the lockout from LFR I would basically just do LFR and then that's it for the week because I refuse to partake in their daily quest bullshit game which isn't even rewarding now.

    I frankly don't care how they do it. My desire is for them to make more content of the content that I like. Not fuckign daily quests. If they have to hire an army of mountain shirpas to do it I could care less. What they've said to me in mists is we need you to do more with less. I don't accept that.

    They haven't been hiring fucking shit. That's a load of horse crap. If they did we'd have the content they want. They've probably just been keeping at turn over if that. The game hasn't been steadily growing for years, it's been on the decline since the end of wrath.

    I don't really care what excuses you make for them because at the end of the day they're just excuses and your just being an apolgist. I don't think the developers accept that, I don't think they need excuses to be made for them or need you to apologize for them. At the end of the day it's their asses on the line and I can unsub and tell them what I think. Which I will be doing rest assured. It's extremely fucking simple.
    You claim nobody asked for dailies, yet here they are, appreciated by a lot of people who enjoy doing them. You don't like them, so what? Others do so your point is moot. There are those who don't like dungeons, according to you Blizzard should only make dungeons because that's the only content you seem to like, couldn't others claim this though? That all dungeons are a waste of time and resources because they aren't fun, and Blizzard should make other content instead?

    If dungeons, dailies and LFR doesn't feel worth doing because it's not rewarding enough (which I really don't understand considering it equips you in a full set of armor, which is its entire point), then I really don't understand why you even still play the game. It sounds to me like you have simply outgrown the game, and not yet realized it. I say, move on, there are other games out there that I'm sure you would enjoy.

    I highly doubt you know anything about whether or not they have actually hired people. Yes, the game has been declining in subs since Wrath, which is exactly what I said. But the game as a whole is still standing strong as the biggest MMO out there, which is pretty damn impressive considering how old it is.

    I'm not defending them for their sakes, there is a lot Blizzard does that I do not agree with, in this case however, I happen to disagree with you.

    Go ahead and unsubscribe, can't say I'm going to miss you in the game.
    Last edited by Chaozu; 2013-03-09 at 11:01 PM.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do people feel new 5-mans are needed?
    Because, when Blizzard pushes out a patch with five-mans but no new raiding content, people will get to complain about that.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Blizzard completely changed directions with their content schedule in the middle of Cataclysm; I'm sure that slipped them up more than anything.

    Plus, I do believe they have said they have one of their coveted "teams" working on the next expansion?
    They always did have one of their teams working on the next expansion during the current one and it hasn't stopped the end tiers of the previous expansions lasting longer than they should have. If Cataclysm was the exception people would be less jaded, but it was just the final straw for a lot of people. Me, personally, I don't hang about a patch a day longer than I have too because Blizzard's assurances of "soon" do nothing any more for me .
    Last edited by madrox; 2013-03-09 at 11:06 PM.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then don't do them. Calling things garbage is not constructive.
    When they're coming at the expense of dungeons, I'll call them whatever I want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  11. #311
    Chaozu the question is do you think the model of lfr, dailies and scenarios will last even a year.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    LFR has taken the place of higher tier 5-mans for gearing up. I wouldn't mind more dungeons on the same level with the current ones just for something new and to make gearing alts quicker and more interesting, but that might not be reason enough to invest a lot of time in making them.
    Dumbest thing I have read in a while, LFR is ONCE A WEEK, dungeons are not.

  13. #313
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,839
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    It's an assumption based on history. At the start of Cataclysm when we were coming out that long tier of ICbloodyC we were told "Oh no, never happening again, we are going to have faster and faster expansions" and then we had Dragon Soul. It's nice that you are so confident that 5.4 will bring enough content to sustain us till th next expansion, but I think most of us will believe it when we see it.
    History would show that patches are usually much farther apart than they have been in this expansion. I'll give Blizzard credit for switching that up and we'll see exactly what happens at the end.

    I do know this: If they wind this expansion up in relatively quick fashion and there's nothing like six-to-twelve months at the end of it a certain percentage of people will use that as a premise to bring out the standard complaint that Blizzard is only delivering expansions faster (after saying for years that this is something they want to do) because they're greedy.

    It's possible that Blizzard learned some business lessons from Cataclysm and has planned this expansion quite differently from 'history'. People should keep that in mind.

    On-topic: I don't have any problems with no new dungeons. Like raids, there's several dozen of them in the game and if giving them a little vacation refreshes the creative juices a bit for them that fine. I think dungeons are a little tired myself.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-09 at 11:35 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  14. #314
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Dumbest thing I have read in a while, LFR is ONCE A WEEK, dungeons are not.
    This. What are people supposed to do daily? There must be something specific that replaces it. Otherwise it's a loss of quality.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If you are a raider, you are wasting TIME !!!! which is far more than $15.
    Well it is time I enjoy wasting, so

    Yay me?

    I just stated my opinion.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    History would show that patches are usually much farther apart than they have been in this expansion. I'll give Blizzard credit for switching that up and we'll see exactly what happens at the end.
    And that's because the first patch had no raids or dungeons in it, it was just dallies, a few small area changes and scenarios, that's something I would expect WITH raids and dungeons.

  17. #317
    Brewmaster Csunforgiven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Spirestone
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To me the ICC 5mans in WotLK and the Hour of Twilight 5mans in Cataclysm stood out in terms of storytelling and atmosphere, better than some of the raids in the game.
    To me, the ICC 5 mans served the purpose of facerolling dungeons for ilvl 232 gear so you could get into TOGC / ICC easier. To me, the HoT 5 mans in Cataclysm served the purpose of gearing you in 378 gear so you could completely skip Firelands and go right to DS.

  18. #318
    Without new dungeons to use as a gear stepping stone, does anyone else think we'll see the return of feeder guilds? Valor points are slow to grind, and the gear is still locked behind a required reputation. Even with this increased drop rate in LFR, I haven't been feeling the difference. Going in to 5.2, ToT groups will likely require a minimum of a 500+ ilvl, which is incredibly difficult(impossible?) to obtain without having raided the previous tiers.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You claim nobody asked for dailies, yet here they are, appreciated by a lot of people who enjoy doing them. You don't like them, so what? Others do so your point is moot. There are those who don't like dungeons, according to you Blizzard should only make dungeons because that's the only content you seem to like, couldn't others claim this though? That all dungeons are a waste of time and resources because they aren't fun, and Blizzard should make other content instead?

    If dungeons, dailies and LFR doesn't feel worth doing because it's not rewarding enough (which I really don't understand considering it equips you in a full set of armor, which is its entire point), then I really don't understand why you even still play the game. It sounds to me like you have simply outgrown the game, and not yet realized it. I say, move on, there are other games out there that I'm sure you would enjoy.

    I highly doubt you know anything about whether or not they have actually hired people. Yes, the game has been declining in subs since Wrath, which is exactly what I said. But the game as a whole is still standing strong as the biggest MMO out there, which is pretty damn impressive considering how old it is.

    I'm not defending them for their sakes, there is a lot Blizzard does that I do not agree with, in this case however, I happen to disagree with you.

    Go ahead and unsubscribe, can't say I'm going to miss you in the game.
    Yes I claim nobody asked for them because it's elementary logic. If NOBODY or next to nobody was doing the dailies before why in gods name does BLizzard think it was the more content people were asking for? That's just fucking stupid. Appreciated and enjoy are funny terms, I would say alot of people are forced to do them who would otherwise never do them. That doesn't make my point moot, it just makes it beyond your comprehension that people don't lke the same thing you do. I never recall hearing anybody ever bitch about dungeons until they got to hard. I agree Blizzard should only make dungeons, daily quests are a side thing they can do whenever they have time. THey should be a low priority, not the main focus of this expansion.

    Yes you don't understand because no matter how I explain it to you you don't get it. Your stuck wallowing in daily content and can't understand how anybody wouldn't be happy with the shit being shovelled our way. Dungeons equip with you a full set of sub par armor. Lot's of things equip you would sub par armor. I could go to a vendor and buy the armor, in fact they may as well just do that. Get rid of the dungeons entirely because under this reward structure they don't fit at all. I understand why thy wont release more dungeons but it's bullshit because well this reward paradigm is bullshit.

    I havn't outgrown the fucking game, the game just jumped the shark and did shit I don't agree with. I say bring back dungeons and the full reward and then you can move on.

    I don't fucking care how many people they hire, that's not my concern. My concern is that content that I liked doing in the game play style that I liked doing it in is no longer being supported by the developers but you daily people get it out the ass and in spades. Can you imagine if they said tmmrw hey guys were not supporting dialy content with more dailies? You people would be fucking livid. Of course I get told to move onto other games because you can't get it how people don't like your precious fucking dailies or this whole fucking matra of "go slow" but their it is. The game will bleed subs and it has NOTHING to do with how old the game is. That's just horse shit people on forums have come up with because they know decline is inevitable with this group of developers. The game is old yea the game also gets updated with patches every month. So changes happen all the fucking time. Just the wrong ones have been happening in mists.

    You won't miss me now but when Blizzard abandons your fucking dialy questing bullshit in the next expansion you needn't ask why it happened.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 12:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They've gone out of their way to make dungeons useless. They could EASILY be made useful again by allowing more VP gains and/or rep gains from them. Instead they think that by making them less attractive for players that we'll somehow decide to do more scenarios or other shit instead.

    MOST OF US ENJOYED DUNGEONS. MORE OF US ENJOYED DUNGEONS THAN ARENAS AND RAIDING COMBINED. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THIS?!
    Accept it. They aren't supporting the play style you enjoyed for years anymore. Their shoving you to either do fucking dialy grinding bullshit or your weekly lfr que or normal raid. It's horse shit. I hope they lose millions of fucking subs. I want wow to succeed I honestly do. I do not want this iteration of the game to succeed though. I want it to fail miserably. I want them to lose so many subs the developers have to take a hard look at the game and reassess their direction. I want this iteration of the game to go down in history as the worst fucking piece of software ever developed. I want it to share a spot in software history with windows vista.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-10 at 12:26 AM.

  20. #320
    Why not add new 5 mans that drop the same ilvl gear as the current ones? The whole point is that we are bored of the ones weve been running for 6 months+. It would be even more awesome if they made lvl 86-89 versions of new instances since there just arent enough while leveling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •