Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
68
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    So your mad that they are not doing anymore dungeons in 5.4.. Then may I ask if they did add new dungeons what do you put in them that is meaningful to the player to do them other than VP's that does not destroy the last tiers raid gear (and putting in crappy transmog stuff will not satisfy everyone ..) Or have you forgotten about what they did in Cata in that regard..
    Oh I haven't forgotten I just don't think it's a problem. It's a problem for a tiny TINY TINY minority of players who get their validation out of lording over every body else with their gear but frankly I would argue that playstyle is insupportable. It's a problem for Blizzard because they tend to view it as wasted resources but in reality the opposite is true. Stretching it out only makes it wasted. It's okay if you don't go back and do the old raids, I never understood why that was a problem. Time moves on. The raids get old. It's a sad fuckign fact but their it is. UNless you develop a time machine the raids will always get invalidated at some point. Deny this or trying to stretch it out is foolish. What they need to do is just accept it.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Valor which you can't spend without the fucking rep in whatever fashion you get it. And Gear which is quickly exhausted as potential reward leaving you NO REASON to run dungeons. I do LFR once a week and that's it. That's my fucking week. Unless I suck it the fuck up and do their fucking god damned FORCED FORCED daily quests. I want to gear up in an a couple days. It was never an afternoon, that's only for you people who can't control yourselves or who got EXTREMELY lucky. And if that's the case then I want to gear up in an afternoon. I don't give a fuck. The process that was supposed to take time was to RAID GEAR. Well I want fucking gear from the dungeons that's raid equivalent. Or at least currency to spend that will get me raid equivalent gear. It wont be the best gear and it won't be set gear and their will be a cap but it's FAR FAR FAR FAR AFAR FAR FUCKING BETTER than what you get now. I want cata or wrath back. Not this fucking mists bullshit.
    So you've spent all of your posts in here whining about how you don't get free epics that are "raid equivalent"? Maybe that's because you have to EARN the raid epics by pugging, joining a guild and running with them, etc. They're not just going to hand out epics again by letting you run 5-mans and think you're just as good as someone that raids on a regular basis. That would defeat the purpose of raiding if we all could just run 5-mans and get almost the same gear. Have you ever actually done the dailies? They don't take that long (unless you try to be a tard) if you do one set at a time.

  3. #343
    If anyone cares to remember in cata and wrath people complained about new dungeons making running the previous tier useless since all the gear was just as good as the raid. People asked for a more tier progression so that the raids stay useful in the long run

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Then I'd usually run a pug run, which doesn't happen anymore in mists I noticed. Back in those days I had more time to raid, time that I really don't now. They haven't added more thigns to do, they just divided the amount to do up into smaller and smaller chunks and increased the amount of time it takes you to do it in. They haven't actually added more, their just parcelling it out to you different.

    MOP: Run dungeons (finish in two days)> Run lfr DONE IN ACOUPLE OF MONTHS if your lucky > run new lfr DONE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS IF YOUR LUCKY >Etc

    The point is that it takes you a couple of months to be finished. It means potentially you could be doing the same content for 3 or 4 months WITHTOUT GETTING ANY FUCKING REWARD OUT OF IT. It means your play time is severely less rewarding than it was in the past because BLizzard refuses to actually ADD THE CONTENT THAT PEOPLE WANT AT FASTER RATE.

    They refuse to add the content YOU want at a faster rate. You say that they haven't added anything new which is just a complete lie. They may not have added anything new for you personally, but you aren't the only one that plays (and not everyone agrees with you).

    The game has always been meant to take a couple months to be finished, you aren't supposed to sit down, play for a couple days, be done, and unsub. From a business stand point, it's obvious why they wouldn't, from a community stand point, it adds more people doing more things, which means you are interacting more with guildies and others and bring us closer to the Classic/BC atmosphere.

    Also, you are getting a reward, the reward is the gear. If you get NO upgrades in 2 months, you are an unlucky person and I hope that Blizzard fixes things so this becomes impossible.


    @Syraen, I totally disagree. I hated the HoT dungeons, they were boring and only having three options on top of running them several times a day, is not my idea of fun.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Scenarios.
    Scenarios plain suck. Dungeons were nice, they added new achievments, new mounts and other stuff one could get.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubstyle View Post
    So you've spent all of your posts in here whining about how you don't get free epics that are "raid equivalent"? Maybe that's because you have to EARN the raid epics by pugging, joining a guild and running with them, etc. They're not just going to hand out epics again by letting you run 5-mans and think you're just as good as someone that raids on a regular basis. That would defeat the purpose of raiding if we all could just run 5-mans and get almost the same gear. Have you ever actually done the dailies? They don't take that long (unless you try to be a tard) if you do one set at a time.
    Pugging rarely happens in mists. I've done the dailies and hated every minute of it. I will not be doing them again. I mean if you want to call it gear handed to me, then that's what I want. I prefer to think of it as my time is rewarded well but you can think whatever the fuck you like.

  7. #347
    This game is all about gears.

    Blizzard finally realized it and made 5 tiers in 1 patch. Overkill?

    A 5-player will make 6 tiers !

  8. #348
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Actually even the normal runs are gated in that sense. It's still RNG, and RNG is potentially a massive gate.

    The answer is always what I have to do, not that Blizzards designs are bad or hurt players or are inflexible. Well I don't accept that. They can do better. I can't run normals. Can't commit to a particular raid schedule and the ones I could apply to all reject me for lack of daily gear. OH SHIT. Look at that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 02:07 PM ----------



    I was shocked when I saw that necklace. It's one reward though and it isn't enough to be honest. Considering how fucking long it's gonna take me to get any rep with these guys, yea it's not enough. Also considering how long it takes me to cap valor. Nothing in this game is rewarding enough.
    Man, you must have hated classic and BC.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Pugging rarely happens in mists. I've done the dailies and hated every minute of it. I will not be doing them again. I mean if you want to call it gear handed to me, then that's what I want. I prefer to think of it as my time is rewarded well but you can think whatever the fuck you like.
    Pugs happen all the time, and since you can cross realm raid, you should head over to openraid.us and do some HoF/MSV/ToES pugs, that will get you some nice shinies.

    If you want the same gear for doing an easy task (dungeons) as you get from a harder task (raids) then this isn't the game for you and you should stop bitching all over MMO-Champion about it.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    They refuse to add the content YOU want at a faster rate. You say that they haven't added anything new which is just a complete lie. They may not have added anything new for you personally, but you aren't the only one that plays (and not everyone agrees with you).

    The game has always been meant to take a couple months to be finished, you aren't supposed to sit down, play for a couple days, be done, and unsub. From a business stand point, it's obvious why they wouldn't, from a community stand point, it adds more people doing more things, which means you are interacting more with guildies and others and bring us closer to the Classic/BC atmosphere.

    Also, you are getting a reward, the reward is the gear. If you get NO upgrades in 2 months, you are an unlucky person and I hope that Blizzard fixes things so this becomes impossible.


    @Syraen, I totally disagree. I hated the HoT dungeons, they were boring and only having three options on top of running them several times a day, is not my idea of fun.
    No they REFUSE to add content EVERYONE WANTED at a faster rate or nearly everyone. NOBODY or next to nnbody did these fuckign dailies in the past. Yet SOMEHOW blizzard magically realized this was what everybody fucking wanted in mists. It's magic. People were asking Blizzard for more content they weren't doing.

    This game was always progressively getting more and more frinedly for casuals and more and more progressive in terms of gates and or grinds. It's what made the game an initial success and over the years a continued success. From a business stand point it's obvious that they won't do it because it requires further investment in a dying game, from a community stand point they'll just keep loosing more and more players who will continue to spread the word about what a shitty experience this game is. It doesn't actually give the classic or bc atmosphere. Dailies are a holllow shell of that. They don't capture the essence. WHen you run dailies for the most part your just runnnig dailies. Youa ren't stopping tospell the roses or be immersed. In fact in my opinion they rob you of all immersion. It's the shadow but not the substance. it's people being proded out of sw/org to finish dailies and then afking in two moons. NOthing has changed in that regard.

    Also I am not getting reward at a pace I like. In some cases I'm not getting reward period. I often ask myself whats the point in doing anything in this game anymore? NOTHING REWARDS YOU ENOUGH OR EVEN GUARANTEES YOU A REWARD ANYMORE.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Pugs happen all the time, and since you can cross realm raid, you should head over to openraid.us and do some HoF/MSV/ToES pugs, that will get you some nice shinies.

    If you want the same gear for doing an easy task (dungeons) as you get from a harder task (raids) then this isn't the game for you and you should stop bitching all over MMO-Champion about it.
    No iit doesn't, especially with the tuning of the intial 5.0 raids and especially not compared to what it was in ICC. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't happen in a flexibile sense. Meaning I can just hop on and expect to see a pug raid. It's a rarity and cataclysm basically killed it off.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Man, you must have hated classic and BC.
    No I didn't. But that was a different time. The game has changed, it's moved on from then. I don't know why the fan base and the developers is so intent on pushing to reclaim what they can't reclaim. It's not gonna hppen and forced daily quests don't make this game feel anymore clasic or bc like. Neither do forced grinds. It's a shadow and attemping to put substance in it is a collosal failure.

  11. #351
    The Lightbringer SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    3,344
    Wow I never thought I'd see an expansion with no new five mans. I really hope this isn't true; 5 mans are the most enjoyable content to me. Trading 5 mans for scenarios is just an awful idea.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Man, you must have hated classic and BC.
    Ho ho ho I see what you did. Good observation as well.

  13. #353
    Scenarios are an abomination even above LFR.
    There is no responsibility, no learning, no skill, no enjoyment in running them.
    LFR is a pile of shit and worthless at teaching people to understand and play their class.
    The only think worthwhile are the 5 mans which hold people somewhat responsible to playing their class/role.
    Where are the raiders of tomorrow's expansion supposed to come from. Certainly not from the brain-dead non-specific character's Blizzard is cramming down our throats.

  14. #354
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Oh I haven't forgotten I just don't think it's a problem. It's a problem for a tiny TINY TINY minority of players who get their validation out of lording over every body else with their gear but frankly I would argue that playstyle is insupportable. It's a problem for Blizzard because they tend to view it as wasted resources but in reality the opposite is true. Stretching it out only makes it wasted. It's okay if you don't go back and do the old raids, I never understood why that was a problem. Time moves on. The raids get old. It's a sad fuckign fact but their it is. UNless you develop a time machine the raids will always get invalidated at some point. Deny this or trying to stretch it out is foolish. What they need to do is just accept it.
    Yes trying to stretch it out like they are doing is not the best thing and they look set to repeat in a way the mistakes they made in Cata all over again but from a different angle.. What this looks like is that they may be running out of idea's after all the game is 8 years old and that if they bring back something they did before then the community QQ's like mad citing rehashed content..

    What can they do to fix this I don't know, I am not sure the community knows and when it comes down to it I don't think Blizz themselves know. The World of Dailycraft was probably not the best of idea's but we have been lumbered with it. The premise of gating seemed a good idea but was implemented in a way that has pissed a lot off.. And with the upcoming patch not having dungeons I can sort of live with it, it is not like I need them but only for VP's as the state of idiocy of players in the current LFR's makes me spam scenarios and dungeons to meet my VP cap.

  15. #355
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Storytelling?

    Storytelling in 5 mans? LMAO 5 mans are "GO GO GO I want to get this over with, I got better things to do" nobody pays attention to the storytelling in 5 mans.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 09:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    Scenarios are an abomination even above LFR.
    There is no responsibility, no learning, no skill, no enjoyment in running them.
    LFR is a pile of shit and worthless at teaching people to understand and play their class.
    The only think worthwhile are the 5 mans which hold people somewhat responsible to playing their class/role.
    Where are the raiders of tomorrow's expansion supposed to come from. Certainly not from the brain-dead non-specific character's Blizzard is cramming down our throats.
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeah cuz DPS that pull and the other rabble in 5 mans are WONDERFUL examples of "Raiders of tomorrow".

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    Scenarios are an abomination even above LFR.
    There is no responsibility, no learning, no skill, no enjoyment in running them.
    LFR is a pile of shit and worthless at teaching people to understand and play their class.
    The only think worthwhile are the 5 mans which hold people somewhat responsible to playing their class/role.
    Where are the raiders of tomorrow's expansion supposed to come from. Certainly not from the brain-dead non-specific character's Blizzard is cramming down our throats.
    If people want to get better they will nothing blizzard can do to make them play better.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    No they REFUSE to add content EVERYONE WANTED at a faster rate or nearly everyone. NOBODY or next to nnbody did these fuckign dailies in the past. Yet SOMEHOW blizzard magically realized this was what everybody fucking wanted in mists. It's magic. People were asking Blizzard for more content they weren't doing.

    This game was always progressively getting more and more frinedly for casuals and more and more progressive in terms of gates and or grinds. It's what made the game an initial success and over the years a continued success. From a business stand point it's obvious that they won't do it because it requires further investment in a dying game, from a community stand point they'll just keep loosing more and more players who will continue to spread the word about what a shitty experience this game is. It doesn't actually give the classic or bc atmosphere. Dailies are a holllow shell of that. They don't capture the essence. WHen you run dailies for the most part your just runnnig dailies. Youa ren't stopping tospell the roses or be immersed. In fact in my opinion they rob you of all immersion. It's the shadow but not the substance. it's people being proded out of sw/org to finish dailies and then afking in two moons. NOthing has changed in that regard.

    Also I am not getting reward at a pace I like. In some cases I'm not getting reward period. I often ask myself whats the point in doing anything in this game anymore? NOTHING REWARDS YOU ENOUGH OR EVEN GUARANTEES YOU A REWARD ANYMORE.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:54 AM ----------



    No iit doesn't, especially with the tuning of the intial 5.0 raids and especially not compared to what it was in ICC. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't happen in a flexibile sense. Meaning I can just hop on and expect to see a pug raid. It's a rarity and cataclysm basically killed it off.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:55 AM ----------



    No I didn't. But that was a different time. The game has changed, it's moved on from then. I don't know why the fan base and the developers is so intent on pushing to reclaim what they can't reclaim. It's not gonna hppen and forced daily quests don't make this game feel anymore clasic or bc like. Neither do forced grinds. It's a shadow and attemping to put substance in it is a collosal failure.
    You spent a lot of time bitching about dailies instead of actually saying anything worth a damn. Saying that EVERYONE agrees with what you are saying doesn't mean anything. I enjoyed the Klaxxi and Dominance dailies, I'm enjoying the new ones in 5.2. I am sorry you aren't, but just because you don't doesn't mean that others can't.

    In terms of putting out more content, they are putting it out fairly fast, they are never going to put it out content as fast as we players want it, but that's not something that is their fault, they can't just hire more people to fix the problem (too many cooks spoils)

    I'm not sure what dungeons add to the game still. You say you like them, but have only said because you used to be able to get really good gear with minimal effort, which is something they are moving away from. Again, if you don't like putting in the same effort as everyone else to get the rewards they get, time to find a game that allows that.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    You spent a lot of time bitching about dailies instead of actually saying anything worth a damn. Saying that EVERYONE agrees with what you are saying doesn't mean anything. I enjoyed the Klaxxi and Dominance dailies, I'm enjoying the new ones in 5.2. I am sorry you aren't, but just because you don't doesn't mean that others can't.

    In terms of putting out more content, they are putting it out fairly fast, they are never going to put it out content as fast as we players want it, but that's not something that is their fault, they can't just hire more people to fix the problem (too many cooks spoils)

    I'm not sure what dungeons add to the game still. You say you like them, but have only said because you used to be able to get really good gear with minimal effort, which is something they are moving away from. Again, if you don't like putting in the same effort as everyone else to get the rewards they get, time to find a game that allows that.
    I didn't say everyone agreed to me. I just pointed out that NOBODY DID THE FUCKING DAILIES IN THE PAST (or next to nobody) so how could that be the content they were asking for in mists? I'm enjoying the new ones in 5.2 as well because they don't have any gear worth it so I'm not doing them. In other words they are less "forced" or less "compelling" in BLizzard parlance.

    They could just hire more people. Cooks aren't the only people in a kitchen, they would just need to hire more sous chefs.

    Dungeons currently add nothing to the game but that's only because the developers aren't supporting them as a playstyle anymore. If they supported them as aplay style they would add alot to the game but theirs a potential that dailies would be less "compelling" in other words "forced" and then they could stop adding dailies in.

    Ultimately the only solution I ever get from this community is to leave. Never an agreement that things need work. Nevber an agreement that the game is the one with the problem. Only the answer if you don't like it then GTFO. We'll this community was telling it's fellow players that in cataclysm and people left in droves. If that's what you want to do in mists then people will and are leaving in droves. Keep it up. It just means come next expansion they'll abandon whatever it is you like to do in favor of something else and then you'll be on this side of the fence being told to move on.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I'm growing bored of your constant complaining about the state of WoW, gtfo if all you do is cry.

    And dungeons are supposed to be left behind, they are a roadsign, nothing more. Once you get enough gear from them to run LFR, they become obsolete, and it's meant to be this way.
    I disagree. Even though i was in T6 in BC, the dungeons were still challenging when running with randoms from trade. I enjoyed running them because they were very challenging and fun. They really need to return to that model. Not the shit 5 mans we have had since wrath. The idea of challenge modes seems boring, i miss the long time consuming dungeon crawls that we had in BC and Vanilla.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I didn't say everyone agreed to me. I just pointed out that NOBODY DID THE FUCKING DAILIES IN THE PAST (or next to nobody) so how could that be the content they were asking for in mists? I'm enjoying the new ones in 5.2 as well because they don't have any gear worth it so I'm not doing them. In other words they are less "forced" or less "compelling" in BLizzard parlance.

    They could just hire more people. Cooks aren't the only people in a kitchen, they would just need to hire more sous chefs.

    Dungeons currently add nothing to the game but that's only because the developers aren't supporting them as a playstyle anymore. If they supported them as aplay style they would add alot to the game but theirs a potential that dailies would be less "compelling" in other words "forced" and then they could stop adding dailies in.

    Ultimately the only solution I ever get from this community is to leave. Never an agreement that things need work. Nevber an agreement that the game is the one with the problem. Only the answer if you don't like it then GTFO. We'll this community was telling it's fellow players that in cataclysm and people left in droves. If that's what you want to do in mists then people will and are leaving in droves. Keep it up. It just means come next expansion they'll abandon whatever it is you like to do in favor of something else and then you'll be on this side of the fence being told to move on.
    I believe they should add more 5 mans. But the way you ATTACK Blizzard instead of listing valid reasons is why I'm arguing with you. Others in this thread have made compelling arguments for the addition of new 5 mans, you have acted like you are OWED new 5 mans and OWED gear. I don't like your attitude and disagree with your reasons.

    You are a self-entitlted person and while I hope they add in new five mans, I still suggest you quit because you act like a spoiled brat, not because you want 5 mans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •