Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Why does it have to be as good, you can only run LFR once a week, dungeons you can run everyday. Also a lot of people have complained over and over about weeks on end about how they got little to no gear in LFR. I doubt those people wouldn't just do LFR and ignore new dungeons. I am also kinda talking about dungeons of the future, not right now.
    Because right now, on live servers, you can run the currently existing dungeons repeatedly and... spend your JP for honor points to buy gear with LFR MSV equivalent item level, making anything lower than that a persistent source of sha crystals. By the time any new dungeons could actually be added though, it would probably be S14 and whatever items dropped in the proposed dungeons would have to be competitive with the honor version of Tyrannical, perhaps even a little better to encourage the use of dungeon drops for PvE over honor gear.

Now, they capped Honor Malevolent at 476 so it wouldn't technically outshine LFR MSV (no weekly wait or faith in virtual dice aside)... so next season will probably be 502? Eh, maybe they'll cap it at 489 so it won't compete with the crap that should have gone to JP this patch, or frankly, should have cost gold and been supplemented with select 496 pieces for valor in the first place, like the way all past rep gear was done.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Actually yes it was, and yes they do. Not being able to spend your valor in 5.0 was a massive hinderance and I know friends who were turned down from multiple guilds because they didn't have their dailies done.

Again you can't get by the simple fucking fact that Blizzard themselves put the rewards behind those daily quests to lure and entice peopel to do those dailies. If so many people were rushing to do dailies then why the change? WHAT HAPPENED? I THOUGHT YOU ALL LOVED DAILY QUESTS WITH COSMETIC REWARDS? Of course the reality is so few of you fuckign did it that you complained about being fucking bored and the developers responded by putting the gear the slow grindy daily quests.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 10:59 AM ----------

Alot is a relative term. The simple fact is that most of you would probably never even hit revered without the gera behind it mounts or not. If you would then Molten Core dailies wouldn't have had to have gear behind them and neither would 5.0. You'd all be out there in the world with your cosmetic rewards being all happy. Blizzard knows this isn't the case and thus dailies have gear.
    yeah and i know guilds that wont accept an unholy dk because frost does a little more dps. there also was no change, they simply put some extra bonuses on the vendors for casuals
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I get the feeling I'm being trolled now. If you think it was only the mounts well mounts were in the game before and it didn't cause a swarm of people to run dailies. It was the gear wether or not you want to acknowledge it.
    Netherwing rep and shat'ari sky guard says hi, I know for a fact that everyone who had master flight was spamming those two rep faction only for the mounts as there were literally next to sod all gear from those two factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx16 View Post
    Im doing the Thunder Island quests everyday. I have zero need for any of the faction gear.
    *sigh* Let me be clear. When I say NOBODY i mean a significant number of you people. I'm sure you and the rest of the daily fan club would be doing them anyway. I had a buddy who used to do them in tbc and wotlk and even in cata and he loved it. That isn't a significant number of players and it never was. If it was then the gear wouldn't need to be taken out of dungeons and dailies wouldn't need to have the gear behind it. In other words the carrot behind the daily quests wasn't enough for the vast majority. To entice (force) players to do it the carrot had to be increased.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Netherwing rep and shat'ari sky guard says hi, I know for a fact that everyone who had master flight was spamming those two rep faction only for the mounts as there were literally next to sod all gear from those two factions.
    No you don't know that for a fact. Do you know how many people actually had epic flying in tbc? Furthermore do you know how many of them actually did netherwing? Your talking about a smaller group of a small group. In other words NOT ENOUGH FOR THE DEVELOPERS.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-10 at 11:09 AM.

*sigh* Let me be clear. When I say NOBODY i mean a significant number of you people. I'm sure you and the rest of the daily fan club would be doing them anyway. I had a buddy who used to do them in tbc and wotlk and even in cata and he loved it. That isn't a significant number of players and it never was. If it was then the gear wouldn't need to be taken out of dungeons and dailies wouldn't need to have the gear behind it. In other words the carrot behind the daily quests wasn't enough for the vast majority. To entice (force) players to do it the carrot had to be increased.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 11:06 AM ----------

No you don't know that for a fact. Do you know how many people actually had epic flying in tbc?
    no gear was taken out of dungeons and you are still wrong
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do people feel new 5-mans are needed?
    I guess because they're FUN. Plenty of people find dungeons fun, and some people still play this game for fun. This replacing dungeons with scenarios shit has GOT TO GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah and i know guilds that wont accept an unholy dk because frost does a little more dps. there also was no change, they simply put some extra bonuses on the vendors for casuals
    No they didn't. When MSV was the first raid out and the gear on the daily vendors was equivelant to MSV (and better than lfr)that's a MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE CARROT BEHIND THE DAILY QUESTS. Not to mention IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO SPEND YOUR VALOR AND GET CHARMS FOR BONUS ROLLS. If you don't consider that sufficient progression reward then I don't know what to tell. Clearly BLizzard did and that's why all that crap was put behind the daily quest vendors. In fact their was a Bashiok post a couple of months ago wheere he said raiders would be expected to do that extra crap it comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    I guess because they're FUN. Plenty of people find dungeons fun, and some people still play this game for fun. This replacing dungeons with scenarios shit has GOT TO GO.
    they arent replacing dungeons with scenarios they are replacing dungeons with lfr

no gear was taken out of dungeons and you are still wrong
    Actually yes it was. You can't obtain valor gear just by running dungeons anymore ergo valor gear was taken out of the dungeons and put behind dailies in 5.0

No they didn't. When MSV was the first raid out and the gear on the daily vendors was equivelant to MSV (and better than lfr)that's a MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE CARROT BEHIND THE DAILY QUESTS. Not to mention IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO SPEND YOUR VALOR AND GET CHARMS FOR BONUS ROLLS. If you don't consider that sufficient progression reward then I don't know what to tell. Clearly BLizzard did and that's why all that crap was put behind the daily quest vendors. In fact their was a Bashiok post a couple of months ago wheere he said raiders would be expected to do that extra crap it comes with the territory.
    only for the first month and only for top end raiders. again coins barely increase the time it takes to aquire gear anyone who has used the coins will tell you this

they arent replacing dungeons with scenarios they are replacing dungeons with lfr
    Which is also horse shit because I can only do lfr once a week. That just means even slower progress. more gates. more grinds.

Actually yes it was. You can't obtain valor gear just by running dungeons anymore ergo valor gear was taken out of the dungeons and put behind dailies in 5.0
    valor gear was replaced with lfr gear and changed its function

only for the first month and only for top end raiders. again coins barely increase the time it takes to aquire gear anyone who has used the coins will tell you this
    Which is still FORCED and not just for top end raiders btw. Any progression raid group would do that and in many instances expect their players to do that because it does help. In fact it probably helps lower end raiders more because it helps make up for weaker play. ALL LEVELS OF RAIDERS wanted the gear and the charms because it helped them progress faster.

Which is also horse shit because I can only do lfr once a week. That just means even slower progress. more gates. more grinds.
    you dont do anything but lfr...

Its disappointing to be sure, although not really the end of the world. There is a segment of the player base that would be very interested in new dungeons, so i don't really understand their priories.

That said, when i do my dungeon run for VP it would be nice to have something new. I personally don't care if they drop useful gear or not,
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

valor gear was replaced with lfr gear and changed its function
    No it wasn't. Valor gear still exists. It was behind the dailyl quest vendors in 5.0 and is now behind the raid rep in 5.2. If it was actually replaced all that gear behind the dailies would have been bought with gold and valor would have been solely used for item upgrades.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 11:14 AM ----------

you dont do anything but lfr...
    because everything else sucks. In fact lfr isn't that great either but it potentially (rng be willing) will reward me best for my time. Well except for 5.0 dailies which would have rewarded me best. So in the end If I refuse dailies and I do then I'm left with LFR que and world bosses once a week. No more new dungeons to grind for gear. That 15 bucks isn't worth it.

Which is still FORCED and not just for top end raiders btw. Any progression raid group would do that and in many instances expect their players to do that because it does help. In fact it probably helps lower end raiders more because it helps make up for weaker play. ALL LEVELS OF RAIDERS wanted the gear and the charms because it helped them progress faster.
    no, it was a bonus, force would imply that it would be incredibly difficult to do the raids without valor gear which is retarded because alot of people did them in dungeon blues all the vlaor and charms did was slightly increase the time it took. you arent forced to get heroic gear to farm normal modes

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Because right now, on live servers, you can run the currently existing dungeons repeatedly and... spend your JP for honor points to buy gear with LFR MSV equivalent item level, making anything lower than that a persistent source of sha crystals. By the time any new dungeons could actually be added though, it would probably be S14 and whatever items dropped in the proposed dungeons would have to be competitive with the honor version of Tyrannical, perhaps even a little better to encourage the use of dungeon drops for PvE over honor gear.

Now, they capped Honor Malevolent at 476 so it wouldn't technically outshine LFR MSV (no weekly wait or faith in virtual dice aside)... so next season will probably be 502? Eh, maybe they'll cap it at 489 so it won't compete with the crap that should have gone to JP this patch, or frankly, should have cost gold and been supplemented with select 496 pieces for valor in the first place, like the way all past rep gear was done.
    They should be able to balance the ilvls for any kind of new gear from different sources easily so you won't have competing gear. Eh me personally I just want some new dungeon even if it doesn't really drop gear I could use.

No it wasn't. Valor gear still exists. It was behind the dailyl quest vendors in 5.0 and is now behind the raid rep in 5.2. If it was actually replaced all that gear behind the dailies would have been bought with gold and valor would have been solely used for item upgrades.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 11:14 AM ----------

because everything else sucks. In fact lfr isn't that great either but it potentially will reward me best for my time. Well except for 5.0 dailies which would have rewarded me best.
    wrong, what would have rewarded you best is two tier pieces from sha, and tier from lfr then a FEW pieces of valor gear

Imagine how us PvPers feel. We have to wait two years at a time to get two new BGs, usually copies of the old ones or worse.