Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    TBC didnt have LFR and crossrealm raiding as means to overcome the obstacles, neither did it have sunwell quality epics obtainable through LFR ( shado pan assault epics which are tied to their rep which you can obtain in LFR iirc ).
    That true, I suppose in that sense it's not like TBC progression.

blizzard says they are not giving 5-man dungeons in 5.4 community goes -> what? no content? what i do instead of mail/ah camping??
    blizzard adds 5-man dungeons in 5.4 community goes -> wtf? really i need to run a 5-man dungeon to get loot? im full hc gear and just rolfstomped this shitty dungeon? why use resources doing this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    TBC didnt have LFR and crossrealm raiding as means to overcome the obstacles, neither did it have sunwell quality epics obtainable through LFR ( shado pan assault epics which are tied to their rep which you can obtain in LFR iirc ).
    It had Black Temple quality epics through badge grinding instead. Same shit, different day.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

People are funny. They have absolutely no regard for the casual players who have no interest in raiding and just want to run some dungeons with a few of their friends. It's more important to put out more raiding content or dailies than it is for others to be able to have something new as well. Blizzard just caters more and more to their more toxic audience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    People are funny. They have absolutely no regard for the casual players who have no interest in raiding and just want to run some dungeons with a few of their friends. It's more important to put out more raiding content or dailies than it is for others to be able to have something new as well. Blizzard just caters more and more to their more toxic audience.
    Dailies, and raids with LFR, are also casual content.

Deleted
    At which point in time did normal raiding stopped being casual content? Do you people consider normal raiding hardcore content? I play with people who are all 25+ of age, married, with steady jobs, have children and they all raid normal content.
    You know, you can be casual and raider....

10+ Year Old Account
    If I compare..... 5 mans vs 1 man scenarios.. I am leaning towards the scenarios. We have the 3 man scenarios, which I see only as a first step in the right direction. They don't give much, yet. But that could be changed. Added to it a gap closer with 2 man scenarios, and an increase of 1 man scenarios, it would for sure change things up a bit.

The game outlived the 5 man events. The community has changed a great deal. One part of what made 5 mans once great was, to actually enjoy them. Today, they've become a zerg fest with zero education value in regards of game- and class play. The few bits and pieces of story telling cannot be experienced, since there's no time to actually enjoy them. Oh, a cut-scene. Skip skip skip.... If you don't the group moved on without you, and you may get vote kicked for slacking behind. That's the LFD style.
    In 1 - 3 man scenarios I don't have to put up with the kneejerk tanks, who ignore every aspect of their role. I don't have to deal with afk'ers... I'm not subject to immature insulting language... I can do that with close friends, or by myself at my own leisure.
    So, yes, it sounds a lot better than what 5 mans became today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    At which point in time did normal raiding stopped being casual content? Do you people consider normal raiding hardcore content? I play with people who are all 25+ of age, married, with steady jobs, have children and they all raid normal content.
    How many of them are able to clear a raid. My guild are also casual raiders and they were not able to clear all bosses on normal. Although part of that is because my server on Alliance side is almost dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    How many of them are able to clear a raid. My guild are also casual raiders and they were not able to clear all bosses on normal. Although part of that is because my server on Alliance side is almost dead.
    They are all able to clear raids. And yes, they didn't clear or normals in patch 5.1. But game and older raids shouldn't die when new patch comes. People progress on their own pace. If you don't clear normal raids before new patch does it have to be a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    . This community is indeed rotten but not because of the so called "Whiners", it's rotten because nobody has any fucking empathy.
    It's funny you say that when you can't accept that others may have actually wanted this and others may actually enjoy Dailles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If I compare..... 5 mans vs 1 man scenarios.. I am leaning towards the scenarios. We have the 3 man scenarios, which I see only as a first step in the right direction. They don't give much, yet. But that could be changed. Added to it a gap closer with 2 man scenarios, and an increase of 1 man scenarios, it would for sure change things up a bit.

The game outlived the 5 man events. The community has changed a great deal. One part of what made 5 mans once great was, to actually enjoy them. Today, they've become a zerg fest with zero education value in regards of game- and class play. The few bits and pieces of story telling cannot be experienced, since there's no time to actually enjoy them. Oh, a cut-scene. Skip skip skip.... If you don't the group moved on without you, and you may get vote kicked for slacking behind. That's the LFD style.
    In 1 - 3 man scenarios I don't have to put up with the kneejerk tanks, who ignore every aspect of their role. I don't have to deal with afk'ers... I'm not subject to immature insulting language... I can do that with close friends, or by myself at my own leisure.
    So, yes, it sounds a lot better than what 5 mans became today.
    I think the pinnacle of 5 mans was back in TBC. Back then you had to take your time to CC where it was needed and to have everyone do what they were there for and do it properly as there was no LFD. Heck I remember the dread of Shadow Labs, Mana Tombs was a hoot and even the enjoyment of Botannica, and all the others there and when Magisters Terrace was released that was awesome too.

But in all 5 mans have been very good but once you get to the point of steam rolling them, then the desire to do them wanes as with anything like that dungeons, and raids have a limited shelf life. Scenarios not sure about as since they do not award loot all the time they are different just a good source of story and quick n easy gold and VP's.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 01:51 AM ----------

They are all able to clear raids. And yes, they didn't clear or normals in patch 5.1. But game and older raids shouldn't die when new patch comes. People progress on their own pace. If you don't clear normal raids before new patch does it have to be a bad thing?
    Not at all as our guild cleared MSV way before 5.2 so we were pumped to get it done, never got far into HoF but considering we are a casual raiding guild and we even downed the first boss in HoF before we finished MSV.. lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    It's funny you say that when you can't accept that others may have actually wanted this and others may actually enjoy Dailles.
    Yeah I find it intriguing how many folks seem to think everyone must enjoy what they enjoy even if everyone else does not.. And have even lost count on the use of the F word in this thread.. lol

Deleted
    I think it is to some people, because if you come back later it'll be a bit easier, because you have better gear. It's a much more satisfying feeling to clear a raid at the time it's the current raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Wonder how many valor items Leonard could've unlocked by now if he used the time he spent complaining about them, to instead casually doing them. You can't boycott something and expect to get the reward anyway. Perhaps there should've been a few valor items that didn't require factions, but that's as far as they could go without making factions useless again.

In the end, it all comes down to this. Blizzard wants us in Pandaria, not capitals. Dailies are so quick that there's very little reason not to do them now and then. If you did every daily you could every day (for whatever reason) in 5.0-5.1 you'd be months away from affording all the items.

Forced or not, dailies serve their purpose really well. I do dailies maybe a total of 2-3 hours per week and I've never been able to spend all the valor since I unlock items faster than I can get the valor required due to the cap. Dailies of old can't be compared to those of today.

Blizzard realized that through tabards, they essentially killed world interaction. Dailies are grindy, but atleast they are sort of varied. 5.1 had a very good recipe too, with unfolding story as you progressed through them.

I can understand the idea that dailies are boring, they do get boring quite quickly, but yeah, welcome to successful design where players are rewarded over time, not burn through a patch in two sessions then sit in Orgrimmar whining in trade about not having anything to do. 4.3 should have taught us why this is bad for the game as a whole and it's longevity.

At this point there's little talk about "no new dungeons" anyway, and that topic has already been covered plenty. New dungeons fuck up the progression, and make 2-3 dungeons THE go-to choice for gear most likely far beyond the 5.0 ones, making those obsolete. I want content that complements the rest, not nullify it.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-03-10 at 03:45 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think it is to some people, because if you come back later it'll be a bit easier, because you have better gear. It's a much more satisfying feeling to clear a raid at the time it's the current raid.
    Well, you continue doing your thing after patch comes. ToT isn't going anywhere.

My guess would be since 5.0. They made the normal raids harder again, removed all catch-up mechanisms like the raidbuffs and set their standard reply to "If it's to hard for your guild you can see all the content in LFR".
    And no, i don't say it's impossibly hard but it's harder then the Wrath and Cata normal raids. That's not saying no casual player in the whole world can't do that but there are apparently a lot of guilds stuck on Elegon and Garalon who gave up after some time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    At this point there's little talk about "no new dungeons" anyway, and that topic has already been covered plenty. New dungeons fuck up the progression, and make 2-3 dungeons THE go-to choice for gear most likely far beyond the 5.0 ones, making those obsolete. I want content that complements the rest, not nullify it.
    I agree. I want it to be a journey, not skipping chapters in game.

It`s a bad thing because everyone has been there a thousand times in LFR and really can't stand the place anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    My guess would be since 5.0. They made the normal raids harder again, removed all catch-up mechanisms like the raidbuffs and set their standard reply to "If it's to hard for your guild you can see all the content in LFR".
    And no, i don't say it's impossibly hard but it's harder then the Wrath and Cata normal raids. That's not saying no casual player in the whole world can't do that but there are apparently a lot of guilds stuck on Elegon and Garalon who gave up after some time.
    Hm, Cata initial raids were harder then MoP ones. At least from my PoV.

It`s a bad thing because everyone has been there a thousand times in LFR and really can't stand the place anymore.
    I haven't been is LFR, don't want to destroy my raiding. I raid for fun, not gear.

Deleted
    This is great imo.

Scenarios are fantastic for story telling, they render the need to have dungeons there for storytelling useless.

Also, I like where we are now. You have the dungeons to help gear up to get into raids, and then it's raids from there on in.

I feel adding more dungeons would be a waste of time and effort. Focus more on raids, new areas, scenarios etc and I think the patched will grow in quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only wish is for the lazy people to leave WoW, Casuals are fine and never a problem unless they refuse to learn and better themselves.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    This is great imo.

Scenarios are fantastic for story telling, they render the need to have dungeons there for storytelling useless.

Also, I like where we are now. You have the dungeons to help gear up to get into raids, and then it's raids from there on in.

I feel adding more dungeons would be a waste of time and effort. Focus more on raids, new areas, scenarios etc and I think the patched will grow in quality.
    Reminds me of TBC progression in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Doesn't mean that there wont' be any new dungeons in 5.3 - just saying.
    Venziir you got a point, good sir.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-03-10 at 04:05 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.