Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People complaining about leveling? Better do nothing about that. People complaining about daily quests? Better add a whole lot more of them. People complaining about no new dungeons? Better add more scenarios.

It's just an excuse to not have to devote time to something else, that's it. A game with this many subs and that much money, do you really think when they say "Do you want an awesome new raid or a crappy raid because we spent time on dungeons?" It's bull, and people buy it.

Personally I enjoyed the content in this game, but I absolutely hate how everything is being done in this expansion. They have a different 'mindset' and people are realizing how annoying it is. Their new "content" is nothing but the more of what I hate.

I don't do LFR (24 strangers? no thanks) and I run dungeons for fun, not for gear. I could give a flying rat's ass about gear. And I've done dailies for three months and if I do anymore dailies I will vomit. I don't play for progression or gear. So basically for people like me, it's Blizzard sticking the middle finger at my playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    who said it had to be 18 months ??
    1 million players would be around 13 million revenue. For Blizzard that isn't much at all. They would massively downsize support, developement and other branches.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    how many new dungeons you had in vanilla or TBC? all this bullshit started in last patch of WoTLK, game went downhlill from that point. Good that finally Blizzard tries to fix that mess and bring back progression to mmo.
    Yeah, because it is great fun to run the first tier with an alt, then the second one and finally after months of grinding finally getting to the last and final tier. Because that's how it's going to be in 5.4+.

They murdered PUG raids and you guys cheered, they introduced an insane ammount of boring and repetitive dailys after molten front failed hard and you guys cheered, they introduced useless and annoying scenarios in favor of new dungeons and you guys cheered. But obviously those 4 million players who have left since Wotlk were all scrubs and casuals and we're better off without them.
    Last edited by Deleth; 2013-03-10 at 04:33 PM.

Not happy with this decision, dungeons are, always have been and always should be an integral part of World of Warcraft. They should be the perfect stepping stone to raiding, teaching you the basics of boss mechanics and rewarding good play with gear rather than this god-awful daily quests for gear system MoP has had going on. PvE should be rewarded with PvE gear and 5 mans should challenge players and make them concentrate, in order to hone their skills for raiding. Maybe I'm living in the past but 5 mans are becoming irrelevant by Blizzards own doing, if they aren't rewarding good PvE gear rather than dailies and setting up 5 mans so they can be roflstomped then it's no surprise they become a pointless exercise.

I sound like a broken record but nothing has come close to matching BC's dungeon and raiding principle, 5 man normals -> 5 man heroics -> tier 4 raids -> tier 5 raids -> tier 6 raids. A clear path of progression and with the odd attunement key required to make sure their aren't any shortcuts. And now with LFR they can cater to people who aren't interesting in that little extra challenge and want to "see the content" and just goof around and see some awesome bosses. In short I don't like this decision, I do not like the current raiding model and it needs changing, in my personal opinion of course.
    Last edited by Bulletnips; 2013-03-10 at 04:32 PM.

Do people actually like scenario's? I think its a pretty lazy design, because you just use a zone already in game and adding some new astuff thats gonna happen.

Atleast with 5-man dungeons, they design a complete new place. Look at Stratholme, Dire Maul, Forge of Souls, Well of Eternity, all completely new area's to explore and fight in.

Scenario's is just ''save festivals and we need to make more beer!'', doesn't sound like the game I used to play...

If we get more scenario's like the Vol'Jin ones, than I'd approve

Furthermore, billions of $$ of revenue and we get dailies and scenarios? Wow, just wow.

scenarios? I run them once, but since I cant "blacklist" the boring ones from random and doing specific scenarios gives zero rewards even for fresh 90, I cant give a damn about them.
    And serioulsy, LFR as a catch up mechanism instead of dungs? You can beat bad rng in dungeons by running more of them, you can beat bad rng in LFR... only by more rng in coins. Heck, my casual hunter alt has been 90 for months and I dont even have close to 480 for new LFR with him, simply because some items just dont drop and you need to have like BiS LFR gear to get 480 ilev. LFR just doesnt work as catch-up mechanism, if you have to wait months for drops to catch up.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    how many new dungeons you had in vanilla or TBC? all this bullshit started in last patch of WoTLK, game went downhlill from that point. Good that finally Blizzard tries to fix that mess and bring back progression to mmo.
    Maraudon and Dire Maul comes to mind.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Why thank you kind Archdruid!
    Your very welcome my Shaman friend.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's just a guess, of course, but if they now can afford a dev team that can release a new raid every 9 months, how large do you think their dev team will be with 1/10th of the subs ?
    Probably you won't get any new raids at all, look at all the failed MMOs, once they went under a certain sub number they went on life support and only had a small dev team that only does balancing patches and no new content at all.
    You have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    They will continue with their shitty priorities, boring scenarios and lolpokemon tuning. I love running dungeons and it's the main reason I would be intrested keeping my sub up. They offer so much this expansion, but nothing that would keep me intrested.

Scenarios? Reharsed world content where you get to do some quest with low chance of useful loot.

You know you enjoy pokemon in WoW if it's the only good game you have played...
    If you enjoy running 5-mans, you're in a tiny minority. For anyone that raids (and why would you run dungeons if you don't intend to raid?) then they are there purely for a fairly efficient way to get 80VP.

I am more than happy to have them put dev time in to new raids rather than new 5-mans that supersede all previous content.

As someone has already posted it goes like this:

5 man normals > 5 man heroics > LFR 5.0 > LFR 5.2

No need for new ones at all.

I don't understand how you can enjoy 5-mans but find scenarios boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Heck, my casual hunter alt has been 90 for months and I dont even have close to 480 for new LFR with him, simply because some items just dont drop and you need to have like BiS LFR gear to get 480 ilev. LFR just doesnt work as catch-up mechanism, if you have to wait months for drops to catch up.
    You're doing it wrong then. There is 489 and 496 gear available to anyone with enough rep and VP (and now a 522 neck too). It's very easy to get to 480. You might have been 90 'for months' but you obviously haven't really been trying to gear up. It's easy, without ever setting foot in a normal raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post

I sound like a broken record but nothing has come close to matching BC's dungeon and raiding principle, 5 man normals -> 5 man heroics -> tier 4 raids -> tier 5 raids -> tier 6 raids. A clear path of progression and with the odd attunement key required to make sure their aren't any shortcuts. And now with LFR they can cater to people who aren't interesting in that little extra challenge and want to "see the content" and just goof around and see some awesome bosses. In short I don't like this decision, I do not like the current raiding model and it needs changing, in my personal opinion of course.
    How many new 5 mans were added in TBC? One. The model now is closer to TBC than it has ever been.
    If you don't like LFR, don't do it. The progression then is identical to TBC: 5 man normals -> 5 man heroics -> tier 14 raids -> tier 15 raids -> tier 16 raids
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2013-03-10 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sk68 View Post
    Furthermore, billions of $$ of revenue and we get dailies and scenarios? Wow, just wow.
    And a raid...

Btw, what kind of activity you want in an MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    People complaining about leveling? Better do nothing about that. People complaining about daily quests? Better add a whole lot more of them. People complaining about no new dungeons? Better add more scenarios.

It's just an excuse to not have to devote time to something else, that's it. A game with this many subs and that much money, do you really think when they say "Do you want an awesome new raid or a crappy raid because we spent time on dungeons?" It's bull, and people buy it.

Personally I enjoyed the content in this game, but I absolutely hate how everything is being done in this expansion. They have a different 'mindset' and people are realizing how annoying it is. Their new "content" is nothing but the more of what I hate.
    Wow, I'm pretty amazed that you've been able to divine what the majority of the playerbase have been "complaining" about. It seems more like you're taking something you personally don't like and applying it to everyone. Just because a few people on a forum agree with your point of view doesn't mean it's the majority view nor that it has any merit whatsoever.

Why don't they stop making scenarios that no one cares about too? I've only run them once or twice for the achievements and that's it.

Personally, with the next expansion, in addition to the new dungeons, I would like to see all of the previous heroics revamped for the new expansion, with the old Burning Crusade heroics given new achivements just for the sake of a new mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    And a raid...

Btw, what kind of activity you want in an MMO?
    heroic 5mans

I have no problem with no new 5 mans in 5.4. We got new 5 mans in the final raid tier of Cata and the raid turned out to be disappointing as hell. With the awesome direction of raiding Org to overthrow Garrosh, I would rather Blizz put their efforts into an engaging raid and storyline. Making this raid feel epic will go further towards making 5.4 a good patch than a couple easy 5 mans would imo.

I am A-OK with them not releasing any more five mans. Their purpose was ALWAYS a catch up mechanism, now that is LFR and the loot chances will go up with each new tier. I wouldn't doubt that T14 LFR when siege of orgrimmar comes out would be 100% chance to get lewts! It keeps ALL raids relevant during an expansion, which is a good thing. In wotlk and cata when there were new dungeons with a gear catch up mechanic(especially the last trio in cata) it made EVERY raid prior completely irrelevant. The biggest mistake the devs have made during the wotlk expansion and beyond was making the previous raids irrelevant the second a new one comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I am A-OK with them not releasing any more five mans. Their purpose was ALWAYS a catch up mechanism, now that is LFR and the loot chances will go up with each new tier. I wouldn't doubt that T14 LFR when siege of orgrimmar comes out would be 100% chance to get lewts! It keeps ALL raids relevant during an expansion, which is a good thing. In wotlk and cata when there were new dungeons with a gear catch up mechanic(especially the last trio in cata) it made EVERY raid prior completely irrelevant. The biggest mistake the devs have made during the wotlk expansion and beyond was making the previous raids irrelevant the second a new one comes out.
    I don't do dungeons for gear, or to catch up. I do it to have fun. I would run them even if it only gave 463 ilvl items. I don't consider scenarios or dailies equivalent content. Raids--I have had enough of raids for the last 7 years. Now, what exactly is there for people like me to enjoy?

scenarios? I run them once, but since I cant "blacklist" the boring ones from random and doing specific scenarios gives zero rewards even for fresh 90, I cant give a damn about them.
    And serioulsy, LFR as a catch up mechanism instead of dungs? You can beat bad rng in dungeons by running more of them, you can beat bad rng in LFR... only by more rng in coins. Heck, my casual hunter alt has been 90 for months and I dont even have close to 480 for new LFR with him, simply because some items just dont drop and you need to have like BiS LFR gear to get 480 ilev. LFR just doesnt work as catch-up mechanism, if you have to wait months for drops to catch up.
    Funny I went from 468 ilvl to 478 ilvl this week on my alt. I have only bought the 522 valor neck no 489/496 valor gear yet from 5.0. I got 7 drops in LFR this week the odds are EASILY up from before. It's not hard to get a high enough ilvl just stop being lazy. Once I buy the valor rings next week I will EASILY meet the 480 ILVL. My priest alt is at 474, because I refuse to do reps and I was 460 when the patch dropped. Dont use your laziness as an excuse for not being 480.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sk68 View Post
    I don't do dungeons for gear, or to catch up. I do it to have fun. I would run them even if it only gave 463 ilvl items. I don't consider scenarios or dailies equivalent content. Raids--I have had enough of raids for the last 7 years. Now, what exactly is there for people like me to enjoy?
    dailies, challenge modes, rare spawns, treasure finding, farmville want me to keep going? And if you say any of the previous stuff, especially challenge modes, are dumb then you obviously haven't experienced it yet.

There is a LOT to do this expansion and you're complaining about five mans? This is HOW the progression path should have ALWAYS stayed, 5 man normal > 5 man heroics > First raid tier > second raid tier > third raid tier. If you played TBC which judging by your 7 years worth of raid experience and didn't complain then. Then why are you complaining now?
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-03-10 at 05:26 PM.

They upped the droprate of the 5.0 LFR.