Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
39
... LastLast
  1. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Funny I went from 468 ilvl to 478 ilvl this week on my alt. I have only bought the 522 valor neck no 489/496 valor gear yet from 5.0. I got 7 drops in LFR this week the odds are EASILY up from before. It's not hard to get a high enough ilvl just stop being lazy. Once I buy the valor rings next week I will EASILY meet the 480 ILVL. My priest alt is at 474, because I refuse to do reps and I was 460 when the patch dropped. Dont use your laziness as an excuse for not being 480.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:23 PM ----------



    dailies, challenge modes, rare spawns, treasure finding, farmville want me to keep going? And if you say any of the previous stuff, especially challenge modes, are dumb then you obviously haven't experienced it yet.

    There is a LOT to do this expansion and you're complaining about five mans? This is HOW the progression path should have ALWAYS stayed, 5 man normal > 5 man heroics > First raid tier > second raid tier > third raid tier. If you played TBC which judging by your 7 years worth of raid experience and didn't complain then. Then why are you complaining now?
    5mans during BC were not a borefest. Nor were they races against a clock. They had depth and character.

    I have done enough dailies already ( 6 characters--all faction exalted ). And no I don't like pokemon battles. I didn't even like pokemon back when it came out. My mainstay area of play is 5 mans. I thought we were going to support all playstyles? no? It may be hard for you to understand, but for a lot of people, meaningful 5 mans is the *majority* of content in this game. Not raids, not dailies, not pokemon, not farmville.

  2. #562
    People always will play the part of the game offering the most efficient way of obtaining gear. Yeah, there might be the guys who will do 5-mans or dailies because they like 5-mans or dailies (or the guys who want as much of the game complete as possible, like myself). But the MAJOR part of the community will play what gets the gear in the fastest way. It's been this way since the release of wow. This is the reason why everbody was running 5-mans in BC and WotLK and Cata and thats the reason everybody is doing dailies today. And, most people do NOT care how they get the epics.

    And yes, I have as much data to back this up as everybody else in this thread.

    Whould I be mad if they release new 5-mans? No, I don't care. I've played every iteration of WoW there was and I've done everything. I got every faction to exhalted in classic, and then in BC, and then in WotLK, etc. I've done the grind, I've done dailies before they were cool and I've completed every raid and every 5-man there ever was. And all was equally fun. As long as there are good raids to conquer and a reason to log in when you're not raiding I will play this game.

    Ok, I haven't done any considerable amout of PvP since the release von Cata.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2013-03-10 at 05:51 PM.
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

  3. #563
    What the fuck

    this is completely unacceptable

    Lost another sub

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by sk68 View Post
    5mans during BC were not a borefest. Nor were they races against a clock. They had depth and character.

    I have done enough dailies already ( 6 characters--all faction exalted ). And no I don't like pokemon battles. I didn't even like pokemon back when it came out. My mainstay area of play is 5 mans. I thought we were going to support all playstyles? no? It may be hard for you to understand, but for a lot of people, meaningful 5 mans is the *majority* of content in this game. Not raids, not dailies, not pokemon, not farmville.
    Five mans weren't THAT deep without a perfect group setup. Now they aren't like that. If you don't want to race against time in a five man, then aim for bronze. The five mans in general are aimed at about 10-15mins to clear. So adding basically 3x the amount of time if reasonable if you want the depth aspect of it. Like I said if you didn't complain in tbc you should not be right now. If you do five mans for story then thats what scenerios are for and they do a much better job telling story than the current five mans. Don't like it leave. Change is the only constant in life and you sound like someone who refuses to accept and adapt to change.

  5. #565
    I'm fine with this. I'm always bored with the new dungeons within a week of them coming out anyway. And with lfr, they're no longer neccisary for catching up people for the new raid tier.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Five mans weren't THAT deep without a perfect group setup. Now they aren't like that. If you don't want to race against time in a five man, then aim for bronze. The five mans in general are aimed at about 10-15mins to clear. So adding basically 3x the amount of time if reasonable if you want the depth aspect of it. Like I said if you didn't complain in tbc you should not be right now. If you do five mans for story then thats what scenerios are for and they do a much better job telling story than the current five mans. Don't like it leave. Change is the only constant in life and you sound like someone who refuses to accept and adapt to change.
    Speaking as a prot paladin tank, back in bc much of the 5 mans were indeed reduced to aoe grinds once I had gear. =P
    "If you have to believe it on faith, you have no reason to believe it at all.” Aron Ra

  6. #566
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,054
    Quote Originally Posted by sk68 View Post
    5mans during BC were not a borefest. Nor were they races against a clock. They had depth and character.

    I have done enough dailies already ( 6 characters--all faction exalted ). And no I don't like pokemon battles. I didn't even like pokemon back when it came out. My mainstay area of play is 5 mans. I thought we were going to support all playstyles? no? It may be hard for you to understand, but for a lot of people, meaningful 5 mans is the *majority* of content in this game. Not raids, not dailies, not pokemon, not farmville.
    My "subjective jibber-jabber" sense is tingling!

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  7. #567
    Know who is laughing now? PvPers and the same old BGs.

  8. #568
    I hope for a huge sub drop that'll make Blizzard reconsider dropping 5-mans and adding too many dailys.

  9. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm fine with this. I'm always bored with the new dungeons within a week of them coming out anyway. And with lfr, they're no longer neccisary for catching up people for the new raid tier.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:17 PM ----------



    Speaking as a prot paladin tank, back in bc much of the 5 mans were indeed reduced to aoe grinds once I had gear. =P
    I was a protection warrior, and up until I was forced to do shattered halls with no cc I sucked at aoe tanking. Loved being replaced by prot pallies for heroics lol.

  10. #570
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Since WOTLK? So you are saying most raids since LK where bad? I disagree with this and not only that, it isn't even comparable. What if Blizzard said no new raids til next expansion? That is comparable. I agree people race through the instances, but if given a choice I bet people would want new instances to race through.



    This isn't any different then what it is now. You run LFR over and over again. You run dailies over and over again. Some people run dungeons over and over again to help with getting VP capped. People get unlucky in drops with LFR, it is by far the biggest complaint LFR has. Release dungeons that are a little lower in ilvl than LFR so people don't gear up so quickly, to make those people who aren't getting gear in LFR happy and since they still need LFR, they would run that too. After they get gear from the new dungeons, they will have more variation in dungeon queue if they want to run dungeons for VP. I don't know about you, I don't mind having more different dungeons in queue and for me personally after running the same 3 instances over and over again, it will make me miss the older ones and wouldn't mind getting those again for VP.
    Wtf are you talking about? I LOVED that they didn't drop welfare epics, I loathed that about WOTLK! What I was saying was the person wanted days like BC and Vanilla, and then on another note say he wanted epics from 5 mans so his time felt rewarded and stated he was contradicting himself.

  11. #571
    I just recently came back for the patch, but I will tell you all what has kept me quitting and never sticking to the game lately.

    I've been playing a monk since beta, and on live... and I can't seem to get an alt geared. I literally try and I just can't. I'm sorry but extra rep doesn't mean shit when you get 200 rep for a daily and then an extra 100. I'm sorry but 625 valor for an item as opposed to 1250 still only nets you 1 item a week as opposed to one item every two weeks, etc. Not to mention I'm sitting on a valor cap because I don't have the rep. And what? Instead of new dungeons to catch people up with gear, you STILL make it tedious as all hell to obtain PAST PATCH rep gear? No increase in LFR drop gear? Not even getting into waiting 40 minutes to a raid only for it to a) fail or b) only get you one boss and have to wait ANOTHER 40 minutes for the same raid. You can't find pug raids because you don't have the gear, you can't find pug raids because you don't have the boss kills, you can't find a guild because you have no experience. All in all, until they make it easier to gear up alts, I'm done with this game. They've admitted it's a problem, so I'm hopeful someday I'll play again.
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2013-03-10 at 06:58 PM.

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? I LOVED that they didn't drop welfare epics, I loathed that about WOTLK! What I was saying was the person wanted days like BC and Vanilla, and then on another note say he wanted epics from 5 mans so his time felt rewarded and stated he was contradicting himself.
    5 mans dropped epics in BC.

  13. #573
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    I just recently came back for the patch, but I will tell you all what has kept me quitting and never sticking to the game lately.

    I've been playing a monk since beta, and on live... and I can't seem to get an alt geared. I literally try and I just can't. I'm sorry but extra rep doesn't mean shit when you get 200 rep for a daily and then an extra 100. I'm sorry but 625 valor for an item as opposed to 1250 still only nets you 1 item a week as opposed to one item every two weeks, etc. Not to mention I'm sitting on a valor cap because I don't have the rep. And what? Instead of new dungeons to catch people up with gear, you STILL make it tedious as all hell to obtain PAST PATCH rep gear? No increase in LFR drop gear? Not even getting into waiting 40 minutes to a raid only for it to a) fail or b) only get you one boss and have to wait ANOTHER 40 minutes for the same raid. You can't find pug raids because you don't have the gear, you can't find pug raids because you don't have the boss kills, you can't find a guild because you have no experience. All in all, until they make it easier to gear up alts, I'm done with this game. They've admitted it's a problem, so I'm hopeful someday I'll play again.
    1) they significantly increased the chance to get loot from LFR in the 5.0 raids. I have gotten 10 or so items on two alts just on heart of fear/terrace LFR on alts.
    2)the only thing I agree with you on is the rep requirement for previous gear. That should have been stripped with the valor gear price reduction. I do dailys on two toons, I refuse to do it on my third toon and any other toon I get to 90.
    3)with #2 said, you haven't played much since 5.1 happened if you're complaining about the rep gains. At revered you have a bind on account 100% increase in rep with that specific rep. It works cross server. I got to revered with klaxxi by questing in dread wastes then exalted 3 days later on my alt. I got revered with Golden Lotus in a lot less time, and honored with shado pan just on quests. I hit revered with them two days after I hit revered with Golden Lotus. Rep is exceptionally easy to get now so while dailys suck It's a TON lesspainful to grind rep(which I am agreeing with you shouldnt be the case for 5.0 gear) Shieldwall/horde equivalent should still require rep however.
    4)I agree with the issues with LFR only on the queueing in and getting the final boss, then having to queue again to get the first two. There should be serious ramifications for quitting LFR early, It's beyond annoying to have to queue for a section potentially six times on my three toons because people leave for whatever reason.
    5) all your other reasons aren't anything new to this game. No experience = no go. You are expecting a 16/16 guild to take you when you have zero experience...With the way the game is migrating to 10s, every person knowing what they are doing is almost essential. 25s is a little more lenient to an extent. You need to find a guild that's not that far into the content, not expect a full clear guild to take you in. It's called progression. And hey you may enjoy this newer guild more than you ever would that full clear guild.

  14. #574
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    5 mans dropped epics in BC.
    5 man epics were about as rare as current ones are in BC and half of the BC heroics were actually hard(SH, Arc, SV, SL, Durn, BM etc).

  15. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    5 man epics were about as rare as current ones are in BC and half of the BC heroics were actually hard(SH, Arc, SV, SL, Durn, BM etc).
    Each five man epic in BC had a 10-15% chance to drop. They were not rare.

  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    If you enjoy running 5-mans, you're in a tiny minority. For anyone that raids (and why would you run dungeons if you don't intend to raid?) then they are there purely for a fairly efficient way to get 80VP.
    See, i don't get it. Somehow everything up to raiding is apparently only good to prepare you for raiding but raiding itself is somehow perfectly ok on it's own. Is it so difficult to imagine that doesn't raid draws this ending line one level lower?
    Why do people in 5-mans better loot ? Why do raiders better loot ? If ToT is balanced for Ilvl 502 then what do you need Ilvl 522 loot for ? To get through there easier ? Same thing with the people who don't raid.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 09:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    5 man epics were about as rare as current ones are in BC and half of the BC heroics were actually hard(SH, Arc, SV, SL, Durn, BM etc).
    Ever been to Magister's Terrace ?

  17. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    5 mans dropped epics in BC.
    I thought only the last boss dropped epics. The rest was all rare though.

  18. #578
    new 5 mans that give out raid-level gear is just not right. you SHOULD have to progress throug previous tiers to reach the current one

  19. #579
    Scarab Lord ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Front Range Free Zone
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Not like dungeons are remotely useful anyway. People level to 90, farm dungeons for gear and from then the dungeons just sorta sit there cause no-one besides new players need gear from them.
    At present, that definitely seems to be the case, but I think it's more of a problem with the gearing model than a problem with the idea of new dungeons per se.

  20. #580
    Why should Blizzard make actual content? They consider dailies "content".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •