Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Then they better MAKE SURE AND RELEASE RAID CONTENT FASTER. That solves both problems. WAY OUT.

Mark my fucking words all of you. Your beloved "progression" (really mind numbing fucking grind) will cause players to leave in fucking droves. As a response to this Blizzard will increase the rate of "progression" to the point that their will be VIRTUALLY NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN it being "progression" and instant. I can't fucking wait.
    The day I can enter any raid I want within a week without having to clear previous content will be the day I unsub and move on to an actual MMORPG as it stand this game has gone from an MMORPG to a queue system with a chat program and the only thing keeping me here is what handful of friends are left in this game and raiding.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    I really want 3 cool 5 mans out every patch relative to that patch's theme. They should offer another way to gear up instead of LFR. Gearing through LFR so you can go normal feels like shit because you've been there done that.

Just stop making scenarios, please... They are like daily quests. You can even solo them. At least you get some mechanics in a five man.
    If by mechanics you mean stand back while the tank grabs everything and then you AoE it all down sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I have a full time job and family and I was bored that the end game in 4.3 being DS for 10 months and the same 3 5 mans over and over again.

Maybe if they had managed to keep the old 5 mans more relevant I would of been less bored.
    I guess the new instances are fine, and them dropping increased quality loot is fine as well. But the random dungeon rotation needs to include everything, instead of it being grouped in tiers. Cataclysm was horrible because normal dungeons and troll dungeons or dragon soul dungeons were different tiers. The instances themselves were fine though, I like more content instead of doing more of the same.

Wow that's kind of lame that there really won't be much of a catch up mechanic like in the previous Xpac's. Hell by the time 5.4 comes out you could probably just treat the dungeons like scenarios at that point as there is gonna be something like a 80 ilevel difference between that gear and the 5.4 LFR gear :/

Its gonna be stupid, your gonna put freshly dinged 90's with people kidded out T16 in the same LFD group...you may as well hand people a set of gear as they sure as hell won't even be able to contribute to a fight as the person in T16 is going to just ROFLstomp the dungeon regardless of comp or setup.

This in turn is just going to frustrate players as its going to set a terrible precedent when the groups cycle into the first tier of LFR and there is no T16 people to really carry them as most of them will be doing 5.4 LFR

Don't worry guys, Blizzard will continue to make scenarios and daily quest hubs because everyone wants those! Pff.. 5 man dungeons in an MMO game.. who the hell would want that?

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    If by mechanics you mean stand back while the tank grabs everything and then you AoE it all down sure.
    I'm not talking about the trash. I'm talking about the bosses.
    And honestly, so far there should be far more mechanics in the mop 5 mans, in my opinion. At least in heroic mode.

Just stop making scenarios, please... They are like daily quests. You can even solo them. At least you get some mechanics in a five man.
    Scenarios, from what I've seen, don't replace dungeons in terms of time spend developing them... They replace some quests instead. Especially the mini, single-person scenarios for things like Isle of Thunder stage unlocks -- if these happened in either Wrath or Cata, they'd be done by phasing and normal quests, which would probably be pretty horrid of an experience when a couple hundred other people are also doing them.

My guild of semi-casual players hovering in the 490-500 ilvl range can finish most 5 man dungeons in less than 10 minutes. I imagine in 5.4 we'll be able to clear them in less than 5 minute, maybe even just pull all the trash right on top of the boss and aoe everything down.

New 5 mans that are tuned up a little harder that offer better rewards are fun. The changes to LFR drop rates are nothing like the HoT 5 mans in Cata. I'm still getting mostly gold bags, I have no desire to run MSV LFR for 4-5 weeks to get an alt into HoF/ToES, then run those for 4-5 weeks to get into ToT. Oh well, my alts are just shelved until 6.0.

Stood in the Fire
    Good. As long as the GOGOGOGOGOGO mentality exists, I don't care if I step foot in another five man ever. You want it fixed and higher participation? Stop trying to chain pull everything in the damn instance.

I'm not talking about the trash. I'm talking about the bosses.
    And honestly, so far there should be far more mechanics in the mop 5 mans, in my opinion. At least in heroic mode.
    People basically ignore boss mechanics also, trust me as a healer I have sat and healed through people standing in crap, not moving etc.

Bullet in the head to this game for me.

Really? Pay $15 a month to do daily quests and sleepwalk through LFR? Are you fucking kidding?

I didn't think I'd say it but MOP is looking to be wow's shittiest x-pac yet. They included some really nice stuff, a solid continent, cool looking raids. But the character progression system is fucking stupid now. Fuck that man. Fuck LFR and daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    Bullet in the head to this game for me.

Really? Pay $15 a month to do daily quests and sleepwalk through LFR? Are you fucking kidding?

I didn't think I'd say it but MOP is looking to be wow's shittiest x-pac yet. They included some really nice stuff, a solid continent, cool looking raids. But the character progression system is fucking stupid now. Fuck that man. Fuck LFR and daily quests.
    Yeah cuz facerolling through 5 mans and playing world of queuecraft was better right? LOL

Yeah cuz facerolling through 5 mans and playing world of queuecraft was better right? LOL
    still prefer chain quequing for 5 mans and at last come out with a usefull piece of crap, than chain quequing lfr, wipe multiple time, and come out with nothing than 25 gold most of the time.
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

Who cares if there will be no more 5 mans... they are just as boring as LFR anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    still prefer chain quequing for 5 mans and at last come out with a usefull piece of crap, than chain quequing lfr, wipe multiple time, and come out with nothing than 25 gold most of the time.
    And when you run out of gear you need in 5 mans then what? Same as now............nothing, that was the issue Blizz faced with 5 mans, you do them til you are geared and then do nothing and people complain, I swear people just want to sit in cities and do jack shit and get rewarded for it, well FINALLY Blizz said tough shit.

The people who understand.

Blizzard needs to return to the mentality of players first, money later, because the money first mentality is heavy with this expansion.

And when you run out of gear you need in 5 mans then what? Same as now............nothing, that was the issue Blizz faced with 5 mans, you do them til you are geared and then do nothing and people complain, I swear people just want to sit in cities and do jack shit and get rewarded for it, well FINALLY Blizz said tough shit.
    and then do the lfr or if skilled enought streight to normal mode, and can you explain me how quequing for lfr from city is different from quequing for lfd? the only thing that change is how fast you gear up this move is just another artificial way of gating contents.
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

I am having the most fun this expac than I have ever had playing WoW. New 5-man ruin the experience big time.

and then do the lfr or if skilled enought streight to normal mode, and can you explain me how quequing for lfr from city is different from quequing for lfd? the only thing that change is how fast you gear up this move is just another artificial way of gating contents.
    Personally I hate LFR as well, I think it was the second worst thing put into this game.

The day I can enter any raid I want within a week without having to clear previous content will be the day I unsub and move on to an actual MMORPG as it stand this game has gone from an MMORPG to a queue system with a chat program and the only thing keeping me here is what handful of friends are left in this game and raiding.
    Then why didn't you quit in the last three expansions then because, that's exactly what happened ya know (don't worry, we can all be a bit forgetful at times so I'm here to help you out! Yay!).

I honestly don't give a single rat shit about what other people did with 5-mans nor whatever gear they gained from them. As a heroic raider that type of shit honestly doesn't concern me as gear is a means to an end, not for you to flaunt around with screaming "tee hee, look at me guys! Aren't I cool?" I honestly hope this decision comes back and bites them in the ass as I like having that gear drop from later 5-mans (and no, waiting on several long ass LFR queues with a lesser gear drop rate is not a good replacement) so I can keep my alts decently geared at a decent rate. That and enchants would be cheaper as well from DEs.

LFR lets the casuals see content. How is that the worst thing about this game? Without LFR 10m and 25m raiding would be dull and easy.