Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ...
7
47
55
56
57
58
59
67
... LastLast
  1. #1121
    1. They are best guilds
    2. They had better gear at the patch day than my main. No to mention the gear my alt will ever have.
    3. They tested bosses on PTR
    4. And then they have a lot of time for raids - they wipe a lot during a week on every heroic boss until it's dead.
    5. What does that has to do with my alt?
    6. Will best guilds take my alt to raid with them?
    Only way to be a better player is to play with the best.

    Ignoring obvious hole in your argument?
    Your argument is bad because of that:

    You decided (because there are other ways to play wow) that you want to gear up, and you complain about what YOU'VE chosen. It's like you wanted to eat chicken and you complain that you have to buy it to eat it.

  2. #1122
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You are either a troll or really stupid, anything you get out of LFR or any other means will be replaced in normal raids.
    Do you know what time and money investments mean? like, at all?

  3. #1123
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Do you know what time and money investments mean? like, at all?
    Yeah, it's called what this game is designed around! You don't think REAL raiders invest time and money into their characters? Hell between gems, enchants, food, flasks etc I bet a raider puts more into progression than people who buy stuff off the AH.

  4. #1124
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Yeah, it's called what this game is designed around! You don't think REAL raiders invest time and money into their characters? Hell between gems, enchants, food, flasks etc I bet a raider puts more into progression than people who buy stuff off the AH.
    Why should I spend both time and money when I can spend as much of an equal time without spending money? buying epics from the AH is the most idiotic time investment I've heard for gearing up.

  5. #1125
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I am done with you, you are narrow minded and don't like the options given to you, so either quit or stop complaining.
    Ah so you are ignoring my arguments and switching into "LALALALALA" mode? How nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Really? You seem to have an entirely different topic in your mind than the rest of the people involved in the discussion.
    Please don't tell me you want to argue about "Challenge modes - new content or the same"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Only way to be a better player is to play with the best.
    You didn't answer my question
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Your argument is bad because of that:

    You decided (because there are other ways to play wow) that you want to gear up, and you complain about what YOU'VE chosen. It's like you wanted to eat chicken and you complain that you have to buy it to eat it.
    I'm not complaining about what I chose. I'm saying it takes TOO LONG. For a catch up mechanism - which it apparently IS.
    Just because there are other ways to play wow - has nothing to do with anything. No one plays WOW in FULL. Some people play only PVP, others only PVE, and then there are sub-categories of players in both areas. You argument is meaningless. Because it's absurd. Why should I do in this game something that I do not enjoy if I can do something that I enjoy?
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  6. #1126
    I am Murloc! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vacating
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    LFR lets the casuals see content. How is that the worst thing about this game? Without LFR 10m and 25m raiding would be dull and easy.
    One comment that I have made before (although not recently) is that when everyone completes everything (even if it's at different 'difficulty levels') it destroys the sense of immersion and disbelief that separates an MMORPG from being just another video game. With LFR, it turns what's supposed to be the pinnacle of the expansion into "meh, who cares if you're doing it on a higher difficulty level".

    Yes, not everyone saw Molten Core, or Nefarian, or Illidan (at least not until the next expansion when it could be pugged with a little work), but I think that improved the game. It gave people something to aspire to, added a sense of mystery and even fear to the game world. And WoW added almost all it's playerbase under that model, not under LFR, which in my opinion devalues content.

  7. #1127
    You didn't answer my question
    I did. You should compare to the best, not cry for free epaxes.
    Please don't tell me you want to argue about "Challenge modes - new content or the same"?
    Challenge modes is most challenging 5-man content. It's not the same. It's better.
    I'm saying it takes TOO LONG
    You have to get sweaty to get goodies.
    Why should I do in this game something that I do not enjoy if I can do something that I enjoy?
    All your posts in this topic is about that you don't enjoy it.

  8. #1128
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    I did. You should compare to the best, not cry for free epaxes.
    Challenge modes is most challenging 5-man content. It's not the same. It's better.
    You have to get sweaty to get goodies.
    All your posts in this topic is about that you don't enjoy it.
    I asked you - will the best guilds take my alt to raid with them? I'm still waiting for answer
    Mode != Content.
    I shouldn't have to get sweaty to get goodies on my alt in a video game that is about entertainment.
    All my post are bout how it takes too long. Not about how I dislike it. Had I disliked it - I wouldn't have been doing it.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  9. #1129
    If they are gonna ditch the 5 man's and use LFR as the gear up mechanic they need to remove the once a week lockout on the loot. Let LFR function as a LFD because that is what we are essentially talking about here anyways.

    For all tiers previous to the current one unlimited re-runs and every shot is a 100% chance at random loot with no bags of gold. Hell even if they did this you would be hard pressed to carry through with it.

    Gearing up with the random element of whether or not you will receive loot is hard enough, hell at least with LFD you were guaranteed a piece of loot. Whats gonna happen is is every tier is going to be exponentially harder to get through.

    Whats going to happen is when we hit that end of xpac lull? Were the people who clear the Teir 16 LFR just unsub because they beat the game? At that point the only only people who are going to be in the 5.0 LFR are people just joining the game and alts.

    Do this simple experiment Que for LFR on a Monday night before a reset. Make note of how long it takes you as a DPS/Heal/Tank. Once you get in make note of how long it takes you to complete said LFR(if possible). Now imagine waiting 3 times longer then that. Each week.

    Statistically some poor soul can already be hated by the random loot gods and not receive anything for weeks on end. Without some sort of semi reliable catch up mechanic people are just gonna say "screw it, that's gonna take far too much time" they aren't going to "invest time in a character" not when this game costs $15 a month to play and those $15 only give you 4 chances at loot per month.

    Whatever it is they add in 5.4, part of that has to certainly be designed to help you tier skip a bit. Whether that's removing the valor requirements for previous tiers of rep gear or allowing unlimited attempts at LFR loot. Character progression is gonna hit a brick wall for new people and alts in 5.4 if they keep the current model.

  10. #1130
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    With LFR, it turns what's supposed to be the pinnacle of the expansion into "meh, who cares if you're doing it on a higher difficulty level".
    The problem is, this "pinnacle" (normal mode raiding) is unattainable for many players -- most players -- for many different reasons.

  11. #1131
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    If they are gonna ditch the 5 man's and use LFR as the gear up mechanic they need to remove the once a week lockout on the loot. Let LFR function as a LFD because that is what we are essentially talking about here anyways.
    Sure let's piss off raiders who only get a chance to roll on loot once a week just to make it so people who can't be patient can get their gear fast.....forget that, if you can't handle how the game plays try something else more your style.

  12. #1132
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The problem is, this "pinnacle" (normal mode raiding) is unattainable for many players -- most players -- for many different reasons.
    Well, yeah, because they've invalidated heroic 5 mans, the progressive system in WotLK was clear and smooth as long as you did good.

  13. #1133
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The problem is, this "pinnacle" (normal mode raiding) is unattainable for many players -- most players -- for many different reasons.
    You know, before I started raiding I didn't cry that I didn't get to raid, I did other things to amuse me in game, it's a shame what this community has become.

  14. #1134
    I asked you - will the best guilds take my alt to raid with them? I'm still waiting for answer
    It's a team play. You have to build a team, not crying to somebody do it for you.

    Mode != Content.
    It is content. Challenge mode is a content, did you earned golds everywhere? If not - there are still something to do. You already did? You can compete with better times on realm or world. It is content just as new companions are.
    All my post are bout how it takes too long.
    If there would be everything instantly and for free, there would be no point to getting it. You have to do something right now. You wouldn't if blizz would just gear up your alt, because you want to.

    It is an mmo game, it have to give us fun for long time, so there short and long time modes to play. You don't have to compete in everything, especially - if you don't want to spent time for it.

    I shouldn't have to get sweaty to get goodies on my alt in a video game that is about entertainment.
    No, you should, because if it was easy and fast, it wouldnt be fun to get.
    It's main rule of gaming - only things that are hard to achieve give proper fun from achieve it.

    The problem is, this "pinnacle" (normal mode raiding) is unattainable for many players -- most players -- for many different reasons.
    And that's good. Not everything should be attainable to everyone, because only then you will be proud to achieve it over so many people that won't
    Last edited by Raptoos; 2013-03-12 at 11:18 PM.

  15. #1135
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    It's a team play. You have to build a team, not crying to somebody do it for you.
    So I should shelf my main, and create a guild on my alt, gather people, create a raid and gear my alt that way, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    It is content. Challenge mode is a content
    Nope it's a difficulty setting of a dungeon. Dungeon is content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    If there would be everything instantly and for free, there would be no point to getting it. You have to do something right now. You wouldn't if blizz would just gear up your alt, because you want to.
    Who said anything about instantly and free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    It is an mmo game, it have to give us fun for long time, so there short and long time modes to play. You don't have to compete in everything, especially - if you don't want to spent time for it.
    Not on a alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    No, you should, because if it was easy and fast, it wouldnt be fun to get.
    It's main rule of gaming - only things that are hard to achieve give proper fun from achieve it.
    Not on a alt. I already had my fun in outdated content on my main. Doing it again is not that much of a fun
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  16. #1136
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post

    And that's good. Not everything should be attainable to everyone, because only then you will be proud to achieve it over so many people that won't
    Can't imagine needing this level of validation from a video game is healthy.

  17. #1137
    How about Blizzard gives alts same gear as mains (or at least iLvL needed to enter new LFR). That way when you want to switch between characters you can do that any time you want and you can clear current content immediately?
    Would that work or would it piss someone else?

  18. #1138
    Can't imagine needing this level of validation from a video game is healthy.
    Why do you play games?

    So I should shelf my main, and create a guild on my alt, gather people, create a raid and gear my alt that way, correct?
    No. If you want to raid with your alt, you should ask other people to raid with you with their alts.

    Nope it's a difficulty setting of a dungeon. Dungeon is content.
    Go to the challenge first.

    Who said anything about instantly and free?
    You did. You keep blaiming Blizzard, that they want you to play game to get gear. Horrible!

    Not on a alt.
    Even on alt. You don't play different game on your alt.

  19. #1139
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    No. If you want to raid with your alt, you should ask other people to raid with you with their alts.
    I have people to raid with I just don't have enough ilvl to do current content.
    No I don't want to raid in OLD content. Been there done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Go to the challenge first.
    Challenge is content now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    You did. You keep blaiming Blizzard, that they want you to play game to get gear. Horrible!
    I said it takes too long. I didn't ask for free pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Even on alt. You don't play different game on your alt.
    Yes I do. It's called "catch up". On main it's called "progression".
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  20. #1140
    So let me get this right.


    if i level a toon in 5.4 to 90 i have to:

    Farm 5.0 Heroics for 460

    Farm 5.1 LFR for 480 (multiple weeks, depending on drapchance)

    Farm 5.2 LFR until, lets say 500-510

    Farm 5.3 "INSERT NON EXISTEND CONTENT HERE" until XXX

    Farm 5.4 LFR until ilvl 540 to do Normal raids.



    Seriously? i have seen those Instances A THOUSAND TIMES at the time of 5.4.

    Beside the fact that almost nobody is probably doing 5.1-5.2 LFR anymore so you wait 3-4 Hours for an invite.



    Its like blizzard wants us to hate them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •