Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Sure let's piss off raiders who only get a chance to roll on loot once a week just to make it so people who can't be patient can get their gear fast.....forget that, if you can't handle how the game plays try something else more your style.
    I'm not saying do that to current tier. I agree you still need some sort of loot treadmill blue balls for the last tier. But all the previous tiers that are gonna be mandatory to get to that point and 3 times more difficult to get through then they are now. The point of the 5 man dungeons were to introduce RP elements leading into the final raid and as means to catch up to your friends gearwise. Without the new dungeons you are left with only one method of catching up to your friends and thats LFR. However anyone that resubs and realizes its gonna take MONTHS to get were their friends are is just gonna quit once their gametime expires as is more preferable to just wait until a new xpac at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I like how half the arguments for "takes too long" is
    I don't want to do it
    or
    I was unlucky.

Well too bad.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Because I have nothing to do on my main apart from raiding?
    lol, so for dozen of pages you complained about your limited time, and how you're unable to gear up to LFR, and now the truth is you already have a raiding main, and have so much spare time that you gear up alt from boredom....hahahahahahahah, you just lost all you credability man, so pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    I'm not saying do that to current tier. I agree you still need some sort of loot treadmill blue balls for the last tier. But all the previous tiers that are gonna be mandatory to get to that point and 3 times more difficult to get through then they are now. The point of the 5 man dungeons were to introduce RP elements leading into the final raid and as means to catch up to your friends gearwise. Without the new dungeons you are left with only one method of catching up to your friends and thats LFR. However anyone that resubs and realizes its gonna take MONTHS to get were their friends are is just gonna quit once their gametime expires as is more preferable to just wait until a new xpac at that point.
    The upped the drop rate in LFR, I got 2 pieces in the first half of LFR on my monk, hell I got 3 pieces of tier gear on my shaman a few weeks ago in the same run! What more do you people want???? For them to start you off at level 90 with all the current gear? Maybe once you ding 90 they send you a gift package with relevant gear???

You know, before I started raiding I didn't cry that I didn't get to raid, I did other things to amuse me in game, it's a shame what this community has become.
    I didn't cry that I didn't get to raid, either. But I didn't get to raid other than random pickup groups here and there.

The skill range in the game is so enormous that you really need two or three different "normal" modes, and a "deity" mode to create an actual challenge for the people who can clear a new heroic tier in 2 or 3 weeks.

The only thing I dislike about the "community" is the people who learn their manners from 4chan and their English from Encyclopedia Dramatica. If I could vaporize those folks, then we could make progress on a whole bunch of other things.

Sure let's piss off raiders who only get a chance to roll on loot once a week just to make it so people who can't be patient can get their gear fast.....forget that, if you can't handle how the game plays try something else more your style.
    what? real raider are already deep into ToT and hardcore raider are already 12/!2 normal and about starting progression in heroic (blood legion is already 2/12H) and lfr open today and i dubt that today every group can clear the first lfr smoth and easy; until a blood legion guy come here and tell me "i'm pissed cuz you get my gear in lfr mgv and ToES" your argument is invalid
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what? real raider are already deep into ToT and hardcore raider are already 12/!2 normal and about starting progression in heroic (blood legion is already 2/12H) and lfr open today and i dubt that today every group can clear the first lfr smoth and easy; until a blood legion guy come here and tell me "i'm pissed cuz you get my gear in lfr mgv and ToES" your argument is invalid
    oh yeah sure, because only real raiders are the guys from top 10 guilds in the world..

majority of raiders are probably somewhere in the middle of ToT normal atm, or even progressing on Horridon.
    But at least these are people who trying, there will be guilds that will only kill first boss first few lockouts, and will have 2 pieces of loot for their 10 members a week.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    oh yeah sure, because only real raiders are the guys from top 10 guilds in the world..

majority of raiders are probably somewhere in the middle of ToT normal atm, or even progressing on Horridon.
    But at least these are people who trying, there will be guilds that will only kill first boss first few lockouts, and will have 2 pieces of loot for their 10 members a week.
    and in what way lifting the loot limitation in lfr mgv and ToEs will effect them? they are already into the new tier and no one is asking for lfr ToT loot lockout to be lifted. You make it sound like giving the ability to farm lfr mgv and toes will invalidate normal/heroic tot progression.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2013-03-13 at 07:50 AM.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    and in what way lifting the loot limitation in lfr mgv and ToEs will effect them? they are already into the new tier and no one is asking for lfr ToT loot lockout to be lifted.
    it doesnt effect them, it's just fair.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it doesnt effect them, it's just fair.
    fair is leaving normal/heroic mgv and toes loot unchanged and no one is asking for a change of it; lfr offer subpar gear and also we are talking about past tier, there is nothing unfair in letting people gear a bit more fast using lfr. Is way more unfair putting current heroic gear on bmah and let peoples buy it for gold.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2013-03-13 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    5 man dungeons haven't been well made by Blizzard since TBC and even then the dungeons in TBC were no WAY near as good as the ones in vanilla. So no great loss, sadly. It's been a long long time since Blizzard made a good dungeon. The ones in Pandaria were laughable but the trend started in WOTLK. My God that was painful. Compared to dungeons like lbrs/ubrs/brd/strat/scholo ?? Where the hell did all that talent go Blizz? Those older dungeons are on a completely different dimension in terms of gameplay and design.. so many quirks.
    Nostalgia sure does cloud the mind, huh? Now seriously. That's pretty much nonsense, try to be objective for a second.

Deleted
    fair is leaving normal/heroic mgv and toes loot unchanged and no one is asking for a change of it; lfr offer subpar gear and also we are talking about past tier, there is nothing unfair in letting people gear a bit more fast using lfr.
    but it already does. Since 5.2 gear in LFR is dropping like rain, on top of that you can run it and have a shot on drop as many time as you want via bonus roll.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not super against it (I think you mean no lockout in LFR), but I just think it's not necessary because it would burn people much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    5 man dungeons haven't been well made by Blizzard since TBC and even then the dungeons in TBC were no WAY near as good as the ones in vanilla. So no great loss, sadly. It's been a long long time since Blizzard made a good dungeon. The ones in Pandaria were laughable but the trend started in WOTLK. My God that was painful. Compared to dungeons like lbrs/ubrs/brd/strat/scholo ?? Where the hell did all that talent go Blizz? Those older dungeons are on a completely different dimension in terms of gameplay and design.. so many quirks.
    Good to see someone else gets it. Even in BC, dungeons were moving towards "straight halls with loot at the end" and that trend got worse with every xpac.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Nostalgia sure does cloud the mind, huh? Now seriously. That's pretty much nonsense, try to be objective for a second.
    Nostalgia, hm? Can you please point out any post-vanilla dungeon that approached Scholomance in complexity? Things like related quests, crafting relevance, non-linearity, and in-instance tricks, traps, and puzzles?

Dumbing down? LOL 5 mans were a joke to say the least, show me your raid progression please.
    And therefore we should replace the dungeons with scenarios, because that isn't dumber in any way.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So you don't want to do any raiding outside LFR and you complain that your endgame consists mostly of LFR?

If you want to raid, get a guild and raid. Otherwise there's LFR. What the hell DO you want to do? Maybe Blizzard should just mail you your BiS gear and you could afk in SW/Org all day reflecting on how awesome you are?
    Yeah, cause normal raiding guilds will focus on 5.1 raids in 5.4

I don't think it would hurt to add a new dungeon or two. Maybe come up with a different kind of loot system, or have it drop 476's and not items that are some kind of huge upgrade, and only belts, bracers, necks, rings, etc instead of the bigger stuff like weapons. I agree with the poster above who said that one-time scenarios don't exactly give the impression of development time well spent. All that being said, I do like the new system better, it was frustrating to be a raider during Firelands and have all of the gear you got invalidated when the End Times came out. An almost brand new 85 could get geared almost or as well as you from those dungeons in a matter of days. Maybe if there was a limit on looting bosses like there is in LFR, albeit with the ability to use Elder Charms for another chance or whatever. I hate to see new "quick content" that's easy to queue for and run disappear, but I agree with Blizzard that there's no longer a place for it in the game with the new system of LFR's.

And to the poster who said that 5 mans where a joke, I would agree that some of them were; pretty much all of the Mists ones were, although the original Cata heroics were not exactly a joke, and the Zul's were very difficult when in a PuG as new content as well. I can remember having to solo Venoxis on my blood dk after the rest of the party died to his "poison maze," and don't even get me started on Jin'do, whose mechanics were beyond difficult for the average PuG and arguably more difficult than some raid bosses. And while I'm not a hardcore raider, I am 16/16 5.0 raids pre-5.2, so I'm not exactly unskilled. Point is, the 5 mans probably became a "joke" because they're intended to be easy content for casuals or just a way to get quick Valor otherwise. I don't think we've seen the last of them, but I think we've seen the last of any being released after the start of an expansion.

Yeah cuz facerolling through 5 mans and playing world of queuecraft was better right? LOL
    You do you know you queue for LFR too right? Right? Cause. This is the same as 5-mans but more time consuming, less fun, and slower to gear from. I can still just queue for LFR in a major city and never ever leave. You considered that before you made a retarded post right?

Enjoy "Mists of Pandailyia" and paying $15 a month to run LFR content over and over again on all your alts in whatever magical way you have to do it that doesn't requiring queuing for it. Since queuing for things makes it unfun LOL LOL LOL

And look at the subs, obviously ICC was more enjoyable to more people.
    Last edited by Mordredofmia; 2013-03-13 at 03:19 PM.

The upped the drop rate in LFR, I got 2 pieces in the first half of LFR on my monk, hell I got 3 pieces of tier gear on my shaman a few weeks ago in the same run! What more do you people want???? For them to start you off at level 90 with all the current gear? Maybe once you ding 90 they send you a gift package with relevant gear???
    I don't think your really getting what I'm saying. First your example is subjective. What happened to "you" this one time in LFR does not have any bearing on what someone else might experience. Great your alt got three pieces of gear...but I guarantee you somebody else got none.
    Second, your experience now in LFR will in no way be the same 6 months from now. You can see it now on realms. The amount of people doing the first tier is already dropping as more people stop using LFR for MSV/HOF/and TOS and start running TOT. Que times for all classes are increasing and will continue to increase as more of TOT gets released to LFR. Now flash forward 6 months and we have yet another tier with the SoO. How long do you think your que time is gonna be for MSV/HOF/ToES then? Its going to be abysmal and even after you wait over an hour in a que you will have to pray you get a group that can complete it and then you still have to hope the dice gods are on your side and you actually get a piece.

the new dungeons resolved this problem by allowing you to que for them at a lower ilevel and then you got gear that was much better then what you currently had and you could chain run them until you caught up to your friends.

You don't have to "hand people a gift package" but you can't have the only means of progressing your character outside of VP gear for current tier be a carrot on a stick were the carrot is only there at best 10% of the time.

Otherwise whats gonna happen is people are going to hit 90 and then just chain run BG's until they get a full set of PVP gear with the highest ilevel and then just que for the SoO raid in full PVP gear.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    And therefore we should replace the dungeons with scenarios, because that isn't dumber in any way.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 10:35 AM ----------

Yeah, cause normal raiding guilds will focus on 5.1 raids in 5.4
    False. Scenarios are far easier than heroics. Heroics you wipe, enemy resets. Scenarios you wipe, your NPC buddies make sure the enemy doesn't reset. Heroics take strategy, Scenarios are a zerg rush.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    i think tot is the last raidinstance bevor next expansion comes out !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    You do you know you queue for LFR too right? Right? Cause. This is the same as 5-mans but more time consuming, less fun, and slower to gear from. I can still just queue for LFR in a major city and never ever leave. You considered that before you made a retarded post right?

Enjoy "Mists of Pandailyia" and paying $15 a month to run LFR content over and over again on all your alts in whatever magical way you have to do it that doesn't requiring queuing for it. Since queuing for things makes it unfun LOL LOL LOL

And look at the subs, obviously ICC was more enjoyable to more people.
    Actually I hardly touch LFR unless I am bored enough to, I get sick of the fools in it, I do normal raids (got geared in heroics then went to MSV normal).....you know....raided the old way before everything was done with a button push and people got lazy.