Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Oh really, you join as a heal/tank and start listening to that whine from two another damage dealers in your party: Spec DD! Stop slowing us down! Noone needs a tank or heal in a scenario, grow up!
    Ruining the holy trinity group (not raid) gameplay is a really dumb move from Blizz. I don't like to play DD, why do I feel forced to play it anyway?
    Precisely this. I have zero wish to tank or heal in LFR with it's chaotic and pushy atmosphere. Yet I love (yes, LOVE) to tank and heal in small groups. When am I going to have a chance to do that? I've got four choices, run outdated 5-mans for the (on average) two years 'til the next expansion, give up the roles I enjoy the most, play in LFR (which I hate with a passion) or quit the game. None of these appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    You people that think that turning the game into a gated grind is intended to keep people from unsubscribing, I don't know what kind of logic goes on in your head.

No one is going to keep playing the game between expansions to grind a reputation for the 3rd time or to walk a toon through LFR gearing for the 4th time. Blizzard knows that, I know that, and if you don't hold your breath too much, you know that.

The thing that keeps people from unsubscribing is NEW content, not making the old content take longer to complete. The people who unsubscribe between expansions are ADD types who want new stuff and don't care if they haven't finished old stuff.

I don't like the way that the gating and grinding works in MoP, but it was designed with the play in mind of people who are going to remain subscribed to the game no matter what. People who unsub between expansions? Blizzard doesn't care about them all that much, because there is NOTHING that can be done for them except delivering new content.
    you only take into consideration the peoples that are able to complete a patch before another one is released, many peoples that i personally know don't have the time or committement to log every day and do dailies and dungeons, many of them got screwed when blizzard removed the ability to do the seven valor runs all one day.
    With blizzard removing all the convenient method and increasing the time requirement to complete a patch they may keep the peoples that have alot of time to committ to the game for unsubbing but at the same time prevent many peoples to complete a patch in a resonable timeframe compared to how much time they can dedicate to the game.
    The problem is that many peoples that have the time for doing thing in a classic way if possible always use the convenience system and then blame blizzard for not releasing enought content. Heirloom are an example peoples use them and then blame blizzard for making the levelling process too short.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Great, come back here after you have entered 5.2 LFR. Because no one complained about the difficulty of entering 5.0 LFR.
    Better yet, come back after you get into 5.2 normals.

I hear that LFR RNG is a bi+ch.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't necessarily care about 5 mans from a gear perspective. I like them for the added variety to everyday play. I never really got bored in Wrath because there were just so many 5 mans I could land in. Granted in the end the early ones were cake walks because 264 gear made everything silly (Monty Hall all the way) and the game took forever to get to Cata... which was meh

So definitely disappointed in their new direction. If this is the default they need to release an expansion with at least twelve of them or such...
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    excatly right now the queue time for mgv still increasing day by day; i don't want to think after 5.3 and 5.4 how painfull long will be to queue for those in fresh dinged alt, maybe the only way is again to farm pvp gear
    Pretty useless to think about that far ahead, blizzard will offer a solution to lengthened queue times.

Short enrage timers are a necessity in the brawler's guild to keep the line moving. If you have a healer taking 10 minutes to dps a boss in there down it holds up the line and isn't fun for everyone else.

The majority of people who say dungeons were most of what they did in the game, should now be doing LFR, since raiding was previously inaccessible to them. There are now two tiers of content available for them to do via LFR.

Solo scenarios are easy to develop since you'll notice they use the exact same map and models and textures as the actual island. It's not like devs are spending months designing these things instead of making new 5-mans.

Besides, the cata 5-mans that accompanied dragon soul were loathed by the community very early on. The majority of vocal people who play the game hated both the cata 5-mans, ZG 5-mans, and ICC 5-mans which were launched after the initial tier of dungeons and content.

If you want to valor cap effectively, dailies, a few scenarios, LFR and a few dungeons get you there. The new 3 ritual stones quest on isle of thunder is 150 VP alone. Challenge modes are a ridiculous amount of VP combined with the daily. If you want to VP cap you will have to put up with some repetition in the content, that's the way it's been since this game was launched in order to grind various things leading to better gear.

Some of you sound like spoiled children and seem to be forgetting how tedious VP capping used to be in cata compared to now. You don't seem to notice how easy it is to VP cap and how much VP you get from scenarios, dailies and other sources. Good god, killing a rare on isle of thunder gives you a VP tome for 15 right there just for hitting the damn thing once with any sort of spell. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Some of you sound like spoiled children and seem to be forgetting how tedious VP capping used to be in cata compared to now. You don't seem to notice how easy it is to VP cap and how much VP you get from scenarios, dailies and other sources. Good god, killing a rare on isle of thunder gives you a VP tome for 15 right there just for hitting the damn thing once with any sort of spell. Grow up.
    I'm not sure why you've gone off on some rant about how other people don't know how to play the game.

The thread is about "no new 5-player dungeons."

How does someone being disappointed in the lack of a particular type of new content, which has always been in the game in previous expansions, make him a spoiled child?

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of people who say dungeons were most of what they did in the game, should now be doing LFR, since raiding was previously inaccessible to them. There are now two tiers of content available for them to do via LFR.
    I raided in Vanilla. By late TBC I led raids myself. I don't raid anymore, but it has nothing to do with raiding being "previously inaccessible" to me, rather it is a personal choice as I do not enjoy raiding. I DO enjoy 5-man dungeons however, which means that this change affects me.

Now, instead of berating others and telling them to "grow up", consider how you would feel if they announced that there would be no more raids in MoP due to plans to focus on new 5-man dungeons.

If they announced no new raids, I'd just quit the game instead of posting rants on forums about it.

People seem to be complaining a lot about lack of new dungeons not because they want to run new dungeons, but because the current ones are boring as vehicles to VP cap, rather than to continue the storyline of the game. All dungeons are beyond the first run or two -is- a VP capping tool.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to say it's a dumb direction or join in on the arguments, but I will say that it bums me out. I really loved doing 5s with my buddies in all the previous expansions. I did not like the 5's in MoP at all though. Too much gimmicky bs. I don't mind some mechanics here and there but I don't want to roll around on barrels and smash in to monkeys or throw shit at bugs running up stairs. I just want to plow through shit and meter hump my way to some welfares. It was fun, for me at least.

If Blizzard puts in new 5 mans with the same gear as the existing 5 mans (ilvl 563), hardly anyone would run them and it would be largely wasted content.
    If Blizzard puts in new 5 mans with high level gear they obliterate the current content. People would end up skipping all the previous content and grinding the new dungeon(s) over and over and over and over and over...

Remember Ulduar? Many people don't... because the relatively terrible Trial of the Champion 5 man dungeon made it and everything before it obsolete.

Back then Blizzard needed mid-expansion 5 mans to give people who weren't in raid guilds some progression. Now those people have LFR, and mid-expansion 5 mans don't have a place. Expect that this will be the new pattern from here on out: big batch of 5 mans at the start of the expansion that you can keep running for valor or challenge mode if you want. But that's it. Personally, I like it, and I'd rather Blizzard focus on raids and scenarios in patches.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

If they announced no new raids, I'd just quit the game instead of posting rants on forums about it.

People seem to be complaining a lot about lack of new dungeons not because they want to run new dungeons, but because the current ones are boring as vehicles to VP cap, rather than to continue the storyline of the game. All dungeons are beyond the first run or two -is- a VP capping tool.
    How is wanting to have fun while capping VP a bad thing?

And I guess you're quitting in 5.3, since it includes no raids?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account

Excuse me, but we're not "Ranting", we're expressing our opinions and we're trying to get point through to blizzard, this is a bad decision, I have many friends, who might not be playing anymore, that agree that this is the worst decision they've made in WoW's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    And I guess you're quitting in 5.3, since it includes no raids?
    My response was to "no new raids this expansion", not to "no new raids next content patch". Reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I have many friends, who might not be playing anymore, that agree that this is the worst decision they've made in WoW's lifespan.
    That's what people said about raid finder, LFD, battleground queueing, death knights, kung-fu pandas, space goats, garrosh hellscream and plenty of other things. Yet the game's still going and maintaining its subscriber levels with minimal deviation. Complain with your wallet, not your mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    My response was to "no new raids this expansion", not to "no new raids next content patch". Reading comprehension.

That's what people said about raid finder, LFD, battleground queueing, death knights, kung-fu pandas, space goats, garrosh hellscream and plenty of other things. Yet the game's still going and maintaining its subscriber levels with minimal deviation. Complain with your wallet, not your mouth.
    And those folks didn't know what they were talking about, as all of those were additional features, not removals of already existing ones.

Also, if I'm going to complain with my wallet, how the hell should the developer know the reasoning of doing so? just wait and see if Blizzard gets it right out of thin air? NO, because that's totally idiotic, you complain with your wallet after you've made your point clear, which is what we're doing, so stop telling us to "Get over things and just quit", because that will never clear our problems with the game we LOVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's all they are now. Back in vanilla, and for most of BC until the very end when I overgeared them, every 5-man run was an adventure. And even when we did overgear them it was never to the stupidly high degree that is common now; every run was still an exercise in skill and attention to detail.

That's what people said about raid finder, LFD, battleground queueing, death knights, kung-fu pandas, space goats, garrosh hellscream and plenty of other things. Yet the game's still going and maintaining its subscriber levels with minimal deviation.
    Over 20% subscriber loss is "minimal deviation"?

Complain with your wallet, not your mouth.
    I get really tired of seeing this idiotic argument. Think for a moment what this "reasoning" would look like applied to other things. Don't like something the government does = leave the country. Fight with your girlfriend = dump her. Had a bad instructor = drop out of school. Bad meal at your favorite place = never eat there again. See a single dumb comment from someone on a forum = put them on ignore for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To me the ICC 5mans in WotLK and the Hour of Twilight 5mans in Cataclysm stood out in terms of storytelling and atmosphere, better than some of the raids in the game.
    I agree and the increased rewards that allowed new alts to play catch up with those raiding was a very nice additional bonus . I don't get why they are moving so far away from WOTLK when that was when wow was by far the most popular to the most players over all.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    That's all they are now. Back in vanilla, and for most of BC until the very end when I overgeared them, every 5-man run was an adventure. And even when we did overgear them it was never to the stupidly high degree that is common now; every run was still an exercise in skill and attention to detail.
    Those days are gone. Kaput. You want "adventure" in your 5-man, go do challenge mode, which is more or less what you are describing.

Over 20% subscriber loss is "minimal deviation"?
    Game's been within about 5% of 10M subscribers for some years now. Clearly the current game model is working. I would think the game's developers have some semblance of an idea of what they're doing.

I get really tired of seeing this idiotic argument. Think for a moment what this "reasoning" would look like applied to other things. Don't like something the government does = leave the country. Fight w
    Burning your straw man = dismissing your entire argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert586 View Post
    Don't mind there being no new 5-mans if they would stop adding useless one time scenarios. hard to feel the development time was "well-spent" when its a one time thing.
    It's really no different than a phased quest, as far as development time goes I would think. Not really seeing how it could be considered wasted development time if they were going to include the quest itself anyway. They probably just did it as a scenario to highlight their new tech.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.