Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    how many new dungeons you had in vanilla or TBC? all this bullshit started in last patch of WoTLK, game went downhlill from that point. Good that finally Blizzard tries to fix that mess and bring back progression to mmo.
    Maraudon and Dire Maul comes to mind.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Why thank you kind Archdruid!
    Your very welcome my Shaman friend.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's just a guess, of course, but if they now can afford a dev team that can release a new raid every 9 months, how large do you think their dev team will be with 1/10th of the subs ?
    Probably you won't get any new raids at all, look at all the failed MMOs, once they went under a certain sub number they went on life support and only had a small dev team that only does balancing patches and no new content at all.
    You have a point.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    They will continue with their shitty priorities, boring scenarios and lolpokemon tuning. I love running dungeons and it's the main reason I would be intrested keeping my sub up. They offer so much this expansion, but nothing that would keep me intrested.

Scenarios? Reharsed world content where you get to do some quest with low chance of useful loot.

You know you enjoy pokemon in WoW if it's the only good game you have played...
    If you enjoy running 5-mans, you're in a tiny minority. For anyone that raids (and why would you run dungeons if you don't intend to raid?) then they are there purely for a fairly efficient way to get 80VP.

I am more than happy to have them put dev time in to new raids rather than new 5-mans that supersede all previous content.

As someone has already posted it goes like this:

5 man normals > 5 man heroics > LFR 5.0 > LFR 5.2

No need for new ones at all.

I don't understand how you can enjoy 5-mans but find scenarios boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Heck, my casual hunter alt has been 90 for months and I dont even have close to 480 for new LFR with him, simply because some items just dont drop and you need to have like BiS LFR gear to get 480 ilev. LFR just doesnt work as catch-up mechanism, if you have to wait months for drops to catch up.
    You're doing it wrong then. There is 489 and 496 gear available to anyone with enough rep and VP (and now a 522 neck too). It's very easy to get to 480. You might have been 90 'for months' but you obviously haven't really been trying to gear up. It's easy, without ever setting foot in a normal raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post

I sound like a broken record but nothing has come close to matching BC's dungeon and raiding principle, 5 man normals -> 5 man heroics -> tier 4 raids -> tier 5 raids -> tier 6 raids. A clear path of progression and with the odd attunement key required to make sure their aren't any shortcuts. And now with LFR they can cater to people who aren't interesting in that little extra challenge and want to "see the content" and just goof around and see some awesome bosses. In short I don't like this decision, I do not like the current raiding model and it needs changing, in my personal opinion of course.
    How many new 5 mans were added in TBC? One. The model now is closer to TBC than it has ever been.
    If you don't like LFR, don't do it. The progression then is identical to TBC: 5 man normals -> 5 man heroics -> tier 14 raids -> tier 15 raids -> tier 16 raids
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2013-03-10 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sk68 View Post
    Furthermore, billions of $$ of revenue and we get dailies and scenarios? Wow, just wow.
    And a raid...

Btw, what kind of activity you want in an MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    People complaining about leveling? Better do nothing about that. People complaining about daily quests? Better add a whole lot more of them. People complaining about no new dungeons? Better add more scenarios.

It's just an excuse to not have to devote time to something else, that's it. A game with this many subs and that much money, do you really think when they say "Do you want an awesome new raid or a crappy raid because we spent time on dungeons?" It's bull, and people buy it.

Personally I enjoyed the content in this game, but I absolutely hate how everything is being done in this expansion. They have a different 'mindset' and people are realizing how annoying it is. Their new "content" is nothing but the more of what I hate.
    Wow, I'm pretty amazed that you've been able to divine what the majority of the playerbase have been "complaining" about. It seems more like you're taking something you personally don't like and applying it to everyone. Just because a few people on a forum agree with your point of view doesn't mean it's the majority view nor that it has any merit whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't they stop making scenarios that no one cares about too? I've only run them once or twice for the achievements and that's it.

Personally, with the next expansion, in addition to the new dungeons, I would like to see all of the previous heroics revamped for the new expansion, with the old Burning Crusade heroics given new achivements just for the sake of a new mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    And a raid...

Btw, what kind of activity you want in an MMO?
    heroic 5mans

I have no problem with no new 5 mans in 5.4. We got new 5 mans in the final raid tier of Cata and the raid turned out to be disappointing as hell. With the awesome direction of raiding Org to overthrow Garrosh, I would rather Blizz put their efforts into an engaging raid and storyline. Making this raid feel epic will go further towards making 5.4 a good patch than a couple easy 5 mans would imo.

I am A-OK with them not releasing any more five mans. Their purpose was ALWAYS a catch up mechanism, now that is LFR and the loot chances will go up with each new tier. I wouldn't doubt that T14 LFR when siege of orgrimmar comes out would be 100% chance to get lewts! It keeps ALL raids relevant during an expansion, which is a good thing. In wotlk and cata when there were new dungeons with a gear catch up mechanic(especially the last trio in cata) it made EVERY raid prior completely irrelevant. The biggest mistake the devs have made during the wotlk expansion and beyond was making the previous raids irrelevant the second a new one comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I am A-OK with them not releasing any more five mans. Their purpose was ALWAYS a catch up mechanism, now that is LFR and the loot chances will go up with each new tier. I wouldn't doubt that T14 LFR when siege of orgrimmar comes out would be 100% chance to get lewts! It keeps ALL raids relevant during an expansion, which is a good thing. In wotlk and cata when there were new dungeons with a gear catch up mechanic(especially the last trio in cata) it made EVERY raid prior completely irrelevant. The biggest mistake the devs have made during the wotlk expansion and beyond was making the previous raids irrelevant the second a new one comes out.
    I don't do dungeons for gear, or to catch up. I do it to have fun. I would run them even if it only gave 463 ilvl items. I don't consider scenarios or dailies equivalent content. Raids--I have had enough of raids for the last 7 years. Now, what exactly is there for people like me to enjoy?

scenarios? I run them once, but since I cant "blacklist" the boring ones from random and doing specific scenarios gives zero rewards even for fresh 90, I cant give a damn about them.
    And serioulsy, LFR as a catch up mechanism instead of dungs? You can beat bad rng in dungeons by running more of them, you can beat bad rng in LFR... only by more rng in coins. Heck, my casual hunter alt has been 90 for months and I dont even have close to 480 for new LFR with him, simply because some items just dont drop and you need to have like BiS LFR gear to get 480 ilev. LFR just doesnt work as catch-up mechanism, if you have to wait months for drops to catch up.
    Funny I went from 468 ilvl to 478 ilvl this week on my alt. I have only bought the 522 valor neck no 489/496 valor gear yet from 5.0. I got 7 drops in LFR this week the odds are EASILY up from before. It's not hard to get a high enough ilvl just stop being lazy. Once I buy the valor rings next week I will EASILY meet the 480 ILVL. My priest alt is at 474, because I refuse to do reps and I was 460 when the patch dropped. Dont use your laziness as an excuse for not being 480.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:23 PM ----------

I don't do dungeons for gear, or to catch up. I do it to have fun. I would run them even if it only gave 463 ilvl items. I don't consider scenarios or dailies equivalent content. Raids--I have had enough of raids for the last 7 years. Now, what exactly is there for people like me to enjoy?
    dailies, challenge modes, rare spawns, treasure finding, farmville want me to keep going? And if you say any of the previous stuff, especially challenge modes, are dumb then you obviously haven't experienced it yet.

There is a LOT to do this expansion and you're complaining about five mans? This is HOW the progression path should have ALWAYS stayed, 5 man normal > 5 man heroics > First raid tier > second raid tier > third raid tier. If you played TBC which judging by your 7 years worth of raid experience and didn't complain then. Then why are you complaining now?
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-03-10 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    And serioulsy, LFR as a catch up mechanism instead of dungs? You can beat bad rng in dungeons by running more of them, you can beat bad rng in LFR... only by more rng in coins. Heck, my casual hunter alt has been 90 for months and I dont even have close to 480 for new LFR with him, simply because some items just dont drop and you need to have like BiS LFR gear to get 480 ilev. LFR just doesnt work as catch-up mechanism, if you have to wait months for drops to catch up.
    They upped the droprate of the 5.0 LFR.

Funny I went from 468 ilvl to 478 ilvl this week on my alt. I have only bought the 522 valor neck no 489/496 valor gear yet from 5.0. I got 7 drops in LFR this week the odds are EASILY up from before. It's not hard to get a high enough ilvl just stop being lazy. Once I buy the valor rings next week I will EASILY meet the 480 ILVL. My priest alt is at 474, because I refuse to do reps and I was 460 when the patch dropped. Dont use your laziness as an excuse for not being 480.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:23 PM ----------

dailies, challenge modes, rare spawns, treasure finding, farmville want me to keep going? And if you say any of the previous stuff, especially challenge modes, are dumb then you obviously haven't experienced it yet.

There is a LOT to do this expansion and you're complaining about five mans? This is HOW the progression path should have ALWAYS stayed, 5 man normal > 5 man heroics > First raid tier > second raid tier > third raid tier. If you played TBC which judging by your 7 years worth of raid experience and didn't complain then. Then why are you complaining now?
    5mans during BC were not a borefest. Nor were they races against a clock. They had depth and character.

I have done enough dailies already ( 6 characters--all faction exalted ). And no I don't like pokemon battles. I didn't even like pokemon back when it came out. My mainstay area of play is 5 mans. I thought we were going to support all playstyles? no? It may be hard for you to understand, but for a lot of people, meaningful 5 mans is the *majority* of content in this game. Not raids, not dailies, not pokemon, not farmville.

People always will play the part of the game offering the most efficient way of obtaining gear. Yeah, there might be the guys who will do 5-mans or dailies because they like 5-mans or dailies (or the guys who want as much of the game complete as possible, like myself). But the MAJOR part of the community will play what gets the gear in the fastest way. It's been this way since the release of wow. This is the reason why everbody was running 5-mans in BC and WotLK and Cata and thats the reason everybody is doing dailies today. And, most people do NOT care how they get the epics.

And yes, I have as much data to back this up as everybody else in this thread.

Whould I be mad if they release new 5-mans? No, I don't care. I've played every iteration of WoW there was and I've done everything. I got every faction to exhalted in classic, and then in BC, and then in WotLK, etc. I've done the grind, I've done dailies before they were cool and I've completed every raid and every 5-man there ever was. And all was equally fun. As long as there are good raids to conquer and a reason to log in when you're not raiding I will play this game.

Ok, I haven't done any considerable amout of PvP since the release von Cata.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2013-03-10 at 05:51 PM.

What the fuck

this is completely unacceptable

Lost another sub

5mans during BC were not a borefest. Nor were they races against a clock. They had depth and character.

I have done enough dailies already ( 6 characters--all faction exalted ). And no I don't like pokemon battles. I didn't even like pokemon back when it came out. My mainstay area of play is 5 mans. I thought we were going to support all playstyles? no? It may be hard for you to understand, but for a lot of people, meaningful 5 mans is the *majority* of content in this game. Not raids, not dailies, not pokemon, not farmville.
    Five mans weren't THAT deep without a perfect group setup. Now they aren't like that. If you don't want to race against time in a five man, then aim for bronze. The five mans in general are aimed at about 10-15mins to clear. So adding basically 3x the amount of time if reasonable if you want the depth aspect of it. Like I said if you didn't complain in tbc you should not be right now. If you do five mans for story then thats what scenerios are for and they do a much better job telling story than the current five mans. Don't like it leave. Change is the only constant in life and you sound like someone who refuses to accept and adapt to change.

I'm fine with this. I'm always bored with the new dungeons within a week of them coming out anyway. And with lfr, they're no longer neccisary for catching up people for the new raid tier.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:17 PM ----------

Five mans weren't THAT deep without a perfect group setup. Now they aren't like that. If you don't want to race against time in a five man, then aim for bronze. The five mans in general are aimed at about 10-15mins to clear. So adding basically 3x the amount of time if reasonable if you want the depth aspect of it. Like I said if you didn't complain in tbc you should not be right now. If you do five mans for story then thats what scenerios are for and they do a much better job telling story than the current five mans. Don't like it leave. Change is the only constant in life and you sound like someone who refuses to accept and adapt to change.
    Speaking as a prot paladin tank, back in bc much of the 5 mans were indeed reduced to aoe grinds once I had gear. =P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

My "subjective jibber-jabber" sense is tingling!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Know who is laughing now? PvPers and the same old BGs.