Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not adding 5 mans means they pretty much aren't going to bother expanding Challenge Mode content this expansion like they said they would.

There's always that small hope that the "old content" feature involves some sort of Challenge Mode classic raids.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Bottom line is I wouldn't mind no new 5 mans if they actually put effort into the 5 mans this expansion, and had more than 9 of them. Right now it's garbage. BC 5 mans weren't garbage. So if you're going to claim you're going after the BC model, put the damn effort in too. BC had excellent, challenging dungeons that I thoroughly enjoyed, but definitely completed MANY of them with a group just in trade.

MoP 5 mans are the worst thing I've ever seen. I've never facerolled so much in my life. And for my daily content, it's severely lacking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Bottom line is I wouldn't mind no new 5 mans if they actually put effort into the 5 mans this expansion, and had more than 9 of them. Right now it's garbage. BC 5 mans weren't garbage. So if you're going to claim you're going after the BC model, put the damn effort in too. BC had excellent, challenging dungeons that I thoroughly enjoyed, but definitely completed MANY of them with a group just in trade.

MoP 5 mans are the worst thing I've ever seen. I've never facerolled so much in my life. And for my daily content, it's severely lacking.
    Tried challenge modes?

They are much harder (like TBC).

Have a daily quest (like TBC).

And reward way more Valor.

kinda sad about this i actually like a well made 5 man
    Real Paladins Do It with Crusader

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadin View Post
    kinda sad about this i actually like a well made 5 man
    Yes, I think we all do. But not everyone appreciates how a new set of 5mans reduce the number of dungeons you farm
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Again, those scrubs are failing in listening to what players are telling them.
    Biggest fail IMO is this decision so far!!!

If they are lazy to make new, then redesign old dungeons, let us chose if we want them on as lvl90 dungeon or normal ( that expansion dungeon ). Remove loot from lvl90 and there you go. Would really loved to do some old dungeons with mobs/bosses tuned for this lvl...

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Tried challenge modes?

They are much harder (like TBC).

Have a daily quest (like TBC).

And reward way more Valor.
    I love challenge modes, and enjoy doing them when I can. But it's not always easy to grab my guildies every day and do them. You can't pug them unless you want bronze, and that's boring. Not everyone enjoys them equally. Just saying that if there were more dungeons than 9, and possibly had a higher difficulty level that awarded slightly better gear (468? 471? Wouldn't make LFR obselete at all), would be great.

I don't need new 5 mans in 5.4. I just want them to do it right next expansion.

More five-men, less craparios. Tyvm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I love challenge modes, and enjoy doing them when I can. But it's not always easy to grab my guildies every day and do them. You can't pug them unless you want bronze, and that's boring. Not everyone enjoys them equally. Just saying that if there were more dungeons than 9, and possibly had a higher difficulty level that awarded slightly better gear (468? 471? Wouldn't make LFR obselete at all), would be great.

I don't need new 5 mans in 5.4. I just want them to do it right next expansion.
    I 100% agree, I would really like to see new 5 mans.

I really really want them to avoid what happened in 4.3 though (and 4.1) they made the new 5 mans so rewarding no one ever did the old ones at all (reducing the amount of content is not a good plan imo).

In my heart of heart if I have to choose between.

13 Boss Raid, New Daily Hub + Some Scenerios.

or

8 Boss Raid and 3 5 mans.

I will go with the first option.

Ideally

13 Boss Raid, New Daily Hub, Some Scenarios, 3 New 5 mans.

But its starting to get a bit "OMG give everything now" isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Right now we have 28 Vanilla dungeons, which is an increase of 3 dungeons. Mara has been broken into 3 segments from 2 segments. BRD has been broken into 2 segments, from 1 dungeon. Dire Maul has been broken into 3 segments, up from 2. Scarlet Monastery has been changed to bake the Graveyard into the Library. UBRS has been changed from raid to 5 man.

In TBC we've got 16 dungeons.

In WotLK we've got also 16 dungeons.

In Cata we've got 14 dungeons, of which only 7 have a normal mode.

In MoP we've got 9 Dungeons, of which only 4 have a normal mode (Scarlet Monastery and Scholo normal mode are lowbie instances).

Raids throughout time:
    Vanilla - 7 Raids
    TBC - 9 Raids
    WotLK - 13 Raids
    Cata - 7 Raids
    MoP - 4 Raids so far.

By the sheer numbers, WotLK had the most weight on progression. Since it had the highest number of Raids. And Vanilla had by far the most 5 man instances, compared to any Expansion. The only difference that's clearly to be seen (if one plays the game long enough) is....
    For Vanilla and TBC the 5 man dungeons did have some importance in regard of gearing. They have been extremely time consuming, but also rewarding. Heroic versions didn't exist (Vanilla), or have been limited to one per day (TBC). Gear from 5 man dungeons had more meaning. And even in WotLK the gear from dungeons mattered more.
    To me, in my own opinion, the turning point came in Cata. That's where Blizzard dropped the ball. A large part of the veteran community wanted the old feel back.
    Blizzard did listen and made Cata dungeons dramatically more difficult, even the normal modes. They've tried to re-introduce CC necessity. And it failed so bad.
    There was an army of new players who never had to learn how to trap dance Moroes in Kara. Who never had to MC demons in MGT.. Tanks who never had to make sure all key target mobs are CC'd. Off they went the old style trying to mindlessly chain pull.. Ending up in wipe fests... Outcry...
    Blizzard had to nerf the crap out of everything. Down to the point that it was possible again to blast through an instance in 15 - 30 mins max.
    That ain't fun. Rushing through an instance is stressful, even if it's smooth. Stress doesn't fly well with the working community. One who has a fulltime job, with lots of stress at work, wants to kick back at home. Speed runs put you back on the clock, back into the stress mode.. Most people with demanding jobs don't want that.
    They wanna take it a little slower or else they don't have much fun.. If they do take it slower, that makes the speedy players unhappy.. At the end of the day, there's no happy medium, which pleases both sides.
    I remember doing some of the TBC heroics back in the day was damn near impossible unless you had a current geared group dragging you through. They were tough and fun at the smae time. I think the real issue with MOP is the huge jump between 5-man and Normal raids Ilvl. IN cata we had 346 heroic blues, and 359 Epics(13 lvls). Now we get 463 Blues and 489 Epics (26 lvls) so it has jumped making many of us feel that the heroics gear is just not good enough, and really it isnt. Take a look at even now we have a few tards in my 10 man that cannot be bothered to get better gear such as our MT warrior wearing 4-5 blues and we are trying to do TOT raid designed for 490ilvl and we are having trouble with it.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    They'll continue to make useless one-time scenarios, tho. Atleast the VP reward could be the same as doing dungeons.
    scenarios are quicker, so no.

Plus, scenarios are just as useless as new dungeons.

On the topic of MgT - I remember running that the first time and thinking, that was hard, even for a heroic. It was on normal mode.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I really want 3 cool 5 mans out every patch relative to that patch's theme. They should offer another way to gear up instead of LFR. Gearing through LFR so you can go normal feels like shit because you've been there done that.

Just stop making scenarios, please... They are like daily quests. You can even solo them. At least you get some mechanics in a five man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Then they better MAKE SURE AND RELEASE RAID CONTENT FASTER. That solves both problems. WAY OUT.

Mark my fucking words all of you. Your beloved "progression" (really mind numbing fucking grind) will cause players to leave in fucking droves. As a response to this Blizzard will increase the rate of "progression" to the point that their will be VIRTUALLY NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN it being "progression" and instant. I can't fucking wait.
    The day I can enter any raid I want within a week without having to clear previous content will be the day I unsub and move on to an actual MMORPG as it stand this game has gone from an MMORPG to a queue system with a chat program and the only thing keeping me here is what handful of friends are left in this game and raiding.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    I really want 3 cool 5 mans out every patch relative to that patch's theme. They should offer another way to gear up instead of LFR. Gearing through LFR so you can go normal feels like shit because you've been there done that.

Just stop making scenarios, please... They are like daily quests. You can even solo them. At least you get some mechanics in a five man.
    If by mechanics you mean stand back while the tank grabs everything and then you AoE it all down sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I have a full time job and family and I was bored that the end game in 4.3 being DS for 10 months and the same 3 5 mans over and over again.

Maybe if they had managed to keep the old 5 mans more relevant I would of been less bored.
    I guess the new instances are fine, and them dropping increased quality loot is fine as well. But the random dungeon rotation needs to include everything, instead of it being grouped in tiers. Cataclysm was horrible because normal dungeons and troll dungeons or dragon soul dungeons were different tiers. The instances themselves were fine though, I like more content instead of doing more of the same.

Wow that's kind of lame that there really won't be much of a catch up mechanic like in the previous Xpac's. Hell by the time 5.4 comes out you could probably just treat the dungeons like scenarios at that point as there is gonna be something like a 80 ilevel difference between that gear and the 5.4 LFR gear :/

Its gonna be stupid, your gonna put freshly dinged 90's with people kidded out T16 in the same LFD group...you may as well hand people a set of gear as they sure as hell won't even be able to contribute to a fight as the person in T16 is going to just ROFLstomp the dungeon regardless of comp or setup.

This in turn is just going to frustrate players as its going to set a terrible precedent when the groups cycle into the first tier of LFR and there is no T16 people to really carry them as most of them will be doing 5.4 LFR

Don't worry guys, Blizzard will continue to make scenarios and daily quest hubs because everyone wants those! Pff.. 5 man dungeons in an MMO game.. who the hell would want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    If by mechanics you mean stand back while the tank grabs everything and then you AoE it all down sure.
    I'm not talking about the trash. I'm talking about the bosses.
    And honestly, so far there should be far more mechanics in the mop 5 mans, in my opinion. At least in heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Scenarios, from what I've seen, don't replace dungeons in terms of time spend developing them... They replace some quests instead. Especially the mini, single-person scenarios for things like Isle of Thunder stage unlocks -- if these happened in either Wrath or Cata, they'd be done by phasing and normal quests, which would probably be pretty horrid of an experience when a couple hundred other people are also doing them.

My guild of semi-casual players hovering in the 490-500 ilvl range can finish most 5 man dungeons in less than 10 minutes. I imagine in 5.4 we'll be able to clear them in less than 5 minute, maybe even just pull all the trash right on top of the boss and aoe everything down.

New 5 mans that are tuned up a little harder that offer better rewards are fun. The changes to LFR drop rates are nothing like the HoT 5 mans in Cata. I'm still getting mostly gold bags, I have no desire to run MSV LFR for 4-5 weeks to get an alt into HoF/ToES, then run those for 4-5 weeks to get into ToT. Oh well, my alts are just shelved until 6.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. As long as the GOGOGOGOGOGO mentality exists, I don't care if I step foot in another five man ever. You want it fixed and higher participation? Stop trying to chain pull everything in the damn instance.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors