Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    I'm not talking about the trash. I'm talking about the bosses.
    And honestly, so far there should be far more mechanics in the mop 5 mans, in my opinion. At least in heroic mode.
    People basically ignore boss mechanics also, trust me as a healer I have sat and healed through people standing in crap, not moving etc.

Bullet in the head to this game for me.

Really? Pay $15 a month to do daily quests and sleepwalk through LFR? Are you fucking kidding?

I didn't think I'd say it but MOP is looking to be wow's shittiest x-pac yet. They included some really nice stuff, a solid continent, cool looking raids. But the character progression system is fucking stupid now. Fuck that man. Fuck LFR and daily quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    Bullet in the head to this game for me.

Really? Pay $15 a month to do daily quests and sleepwalk through LFR? Are you fucking kidding?

I didn't think I'd say it but MOP is looking to be wow's shittiest x-pac yet. They included some really nice stuff, a solid continent, cool looking raids. But the character progression system is fucking stupid now. Fuck that man. Fuck LFR and daily quests.
    Yeah cuz facerolling through 5 mans and playing world of queuecraft was better right? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Yeah cuz facerolling through 5 mans and playing world of queuecraft was better right? LOL
    still prefer chain quequing for 5 mans and at last come out with a usefull piece of crap, than chain quequing lfr, wipe multiple time, and come out with nothing than 25 gold most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Who cares if there will be no more 5 mans... they are just as boring as LFR anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    still prefer chain quequing for 5 mans and at last come out with a usefull piece of crap, than chain quequing lfr, wipe multiple time, and come out with nothing than 25 gold most of the time.
    And when you run out of gear you need in 5 mans then what? Same as now............nothing, that was the issue Blizz faced with 5 mans, you do them til you are geared and then do nothing and people complain, I swear people just want to sit in cities and do jack shit and get rewarded for it, well FINALLY Blizz said tough shit.

10+ Year Old Account

The people who understand.

Blizzard needs to return to the mentality of players first, money later, because the money first mentality is heavy with this expansion.

And when you run out of gear you need in 5 mans then what? Same as now............nothing, that was the issue Blizz faced with 5 mans, you do them til you are geared and then do nothing and people complain, I swear people just want to sit in cities and do jack shit and get rewarded for it, well FINALLY Blizz said tough shit.
    and then do the lfr or if skilled enought streight to normal mode, and can you explain me how quequing for lfr from city is different from quequing for lfd? the only thing that change is how fast you gear up this move is just another artificial way of gating contents.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I am having the most fun this expac than I have ever had playing WoW. New 5-man ruin the experience big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    and then do the lfr or if skilled enought streight to normal mode, and can you explain me how quequing for lfr from city is different from quequing for lfd? the only thing that change is how fast you gear up this move is just another artificial way of gating contents.
    Personally I hate LFR as well, I think it was the second worst thing put into this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The day I can enter any raid I want within a week without having to clear previous content will be the day I unsub and move on to an actual MMORPG as it stand this game has gone from an MMORPG to a queue system with a chat program and the only thing keeping me here is what handful of friends are left in this game and raiding.
    Then why didn't you quit in the last three expansions then because, that's exactly what happened ya know (don't worry, we can all be a bit forgetful at times so I'm here to help you out! Yay!).

I honestly don't give a single rat shit about what other people did with 5-mans nor whatever gear they gained from them. As a heroic raider that type of shit honestly doesn't concern me as gear is a means to an end, not for you to flaunt around with screaming "tee hee, look at me guys! Aren't I cool?" I honestly hope this decision comes back and bites them in the ass as I like having that gear drop from later 5-mans (and no, waiting on several long ass LFR queues with a lesser gear drop rate is not a good replacement) so I can keep my alts decently geared at a decent rate. That and enchants would be cheaper as well from DEs.

LFR lets the casuals see content. How is that the worst thing about this game? Without LFR 10m and 25m raiding would be dull and easy.

I seem to recall that it was a very, very common complaint around here, in both Cata and Wrath, that older raids became invalidated by catch-up mechanics that allowed them to be bypassed late in the expansion. The general consensus, or at least the most vocalized one, was that people should have to progress through an expansion's raids in a linear fashion in order to reach current content. This was the model in TBC.

The problem is that the model in TBC sucked the fat ass. Adding a new player to a raid required the entire raid to take time off to go back in time and get the rookie some gear and attunements from raids they had already done to death and didn't care to ever see again in their natural lifetimes, instead of doing the new and fresh content that was right in front of them.

Resolving these two factors is LFR, a raid that you don't need a raiding team to go through. This method of character progression - this catch-up mechanism - which has received what looks like almost 50 pages of complaints - is probably one of the most requested features I've ever seen added. Let this be a lesson to all ye who beg for things to revert to the state of expansions past. Be careful what you wish for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    LFR lets the casuals see content. How is that the worst thing about this game? Without LFR 10m and 25m raiding would be dull and easy.
    Because cross realm everything has ruined raiding guilds and the community, it has bred bad players who seem to think LFR counts as experience when it doesn't, and it is nothing more than a loot pinata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hate LFR as well, I think it was the second worst thing put into this game.
    It has its appropriate place and its something I wanted put into the game since cross realm BGs first came onto the scene in mid 2006. Again, everyone's life doesn't revolve around a set schedule with 10/25 other people at all times. A good tool for players that have erratic work times among other possible outcomes and a great tool for alts (just shouldn't be the only option as it currently is).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Then why didn't you quit in the last three expansions then because, that's exactly what happened ya know (don't worry, we can all be a bit forgetful at times so I'm here to help you out! Yay!).

I honestly don't give a single rat shit about what other people did with 5-mans nor whatever gear they gained from them. As a heroic raider that type of shit honestly doesn't concern me as gear is a means to an end, not for you to flaunt around with screaming "tee hee, look at me guys! Aren't I cool?" I honestly hope this decision comes back and bites them in the ass as I like having that gear drop from later 5-mans (and no, waiting on several long ass LFR queues with a lesser gear drop rate is not a good replacement) so I can keep my alts decently geared at a decent rate. That and enchants would be cheaper as well from DEs.
    Yeah god forbid you focus on 1 character maybe 2 and become great at them, gotta have all those alts that just sit there and do nothing but farm or do professions.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 12:54 PM ----------

It has its appropriate place and its something I wanted put into the game since cross realm BGs first came onto the scene in mid 2006. Again, everyone's life doesn't revolve around a set schedule with 10/25 other people at all times. A good tool for players that have erratic work times among other possible outcomes and a great tool for alts (just shouldn't be the only option as it currently is).
    Yeah that's when people pugged and saw the content back in WOTLK, god forbid people use their own server.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To me the ICC 5mans in WotLK and the Hour of Twilight 5mans in Cataclysm stood out in terms of storytelling and atmosphere, better than some of the raids in the game.
    Exactly! Loved the storytelling in these. No new 5-mans is terrible IMO! One person scenarios that have basically no rewards and dailies after dailies to tell a story is just plain boring. I cannot believe this is the route that Blizz is taking. I enjoy the game and have a lot of toons. I do have my issues with Mists but not enough to keep me from playing. But this has me thinking about unsubbing once I am bored with 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because cross realm everything has ruined raiding guilds and the community, it has bred bad players who seem to think LFR counts as experience when it doesn't, and it is nothing more than a loot pinata.
    This is all personal opinion, bro, and I know for a fact you wouldn't even be able to back most of it up. Been along for the WoW ride myself since Jan 2005, and let me tell you that the community has always been shit even before cross realm systems were added in. I really wish you and other people would stop trying to play that card constantly.

Fortunately, a lot of Blizzard's decisions are actually okay with the majority of the community. There are always going to be people that complain but to be honest those were probably the people that bitched and moaned in game and I am glad they are gone. I'm going to enjoy my dailies, wowkemon, and scenarios. Just because some people don't like them and think they are a bad idea doesn't mean that everybody hates them.. just that vocal minority.

I am kind of disappointed that there will be no more 5 mans this expac but after reading a lot these posts it really does make sense. Now with LFR and scenarios there really is no point in making new 5 mans except for the sake of just making them. Scenarios tell better stories to me anyways. I don't have to focus too much on meters and mechanics and I can just enjoy the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all personal opinion, bro, and I know for a fact you wouldn't even be able to back most of it up. Been along for the WoW ride myself since Jan 2005, and let me tell you that the community has always been shit even before cross realm systems were added in. I really wish you and other people would stop trying to play that card constantly.
    Yeah cuz I was always called racist and homophobic names and told to go kill myself, yes there were trolls but guess what? They didn't last long because they got black listed, I was able to form friendships on my own server and avoid grouping with the jerks that DID exist, now it's in almost every LFD I do.....people who live in delusion such as you saying cross realm everything was a god send are the ones who are sugar coating.