Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Yeah god forbid you focus on 1 character maybe 2 and become great at them, gotta have all those alts that just sit there and do nothing but farm or do professions.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 12:54 PM ----------

Yeah that's when people pugged and saw the content back in WOTLK, god forbid people use their own server.
    Yeah, that because all servers are awesome and offer extremely optimal experiences to enjoy this game fully. Give me a fucking crying break here. I just moved off (whee, there goes $125 down the drain) my shit server after 6 years of being stubborn about it. I honestly wish i could have moved sooner but that also comes from me not wanting to fling Blizzard extra money for not fixing their own problems that they let stagnant.

Good. I hate 5mans. I try to avoid them at all costs.

How does working for your gear instead of getting hand outs breeding bad players? Last time I checked bad players do not get into raids. New 5-Mans give welfare epics and are for people who do not want to put in any effort into their toons. Gearing up alts is not difficult especially with boosted rep, so that is not an excuse. If you want to see story do the scenarios. They take 10 mins max anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yeah, that because all servers are awesome and offer extremely optimal experiences to enjoy this game fully. Give me a fucking crying break here. I just moved off (whee, there goes $125 down the drain) my shit server after 6 years of being stubborn about it. I honestly wish i could have moved sooner but that also comes from me not wanting to fling Blizzard extra money for not fixing their own problems that they let stagnant.
    They could have merged servers rather than do cross realm BS.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    How does working for your gear instead of getting hand outs breeding bad players? Last time I checked bad players do not get into raids. New 5-Mans give welfare epics and are for people who do not want to put in any effort into their toons. Gearing up alts is not difficult especially with boosted rep, so that is not an excuse. If you want to see story do the scenarios. They take 10 mins max anyway.
    If you are implying LFR is working for your gear than I must laugh, people sit and AFK, stand in bad crap, ignore what few mechanics they left in the raid.........it's a joke and worse than 5 mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cuz I was always called racist and homophobic names and told to go kill myself, yes there were trolls but guess what? They didn't last long because they got black listed, I was able to form friendships on my own server and avoid grouping with the jerks that DID exist, now it's in almost every LFD I do.....people who live in delusion such as you saying cross realm everything was a god send are the ones who are sugar coating.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're making most of that up. BGs, I can understand as competitive gaming areas can get people riled up. In the 3+ years LFD has been out, I've had maybe 10+ bad ones out of hundreds. I honestly get a worse experience listening to a CS complaint on the phone. Then again, maybe that's why i don't let little stuff like that phase me, that and not having to wait and hour or two after work at 2am to get a dungeon run whenever I wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're making most of that up. BGs, I can understand as competitive gaming areas can get people riled up. In the 3+ years LFD has been out, I've had maybe 10+ bad ones out of hundreds. I honestly get a worse experience listening to a CS complaint on the phone. Then again, maybe that's why i don't let little stuff like that phase me, that and not having to wait and hour or two after work at 2am to get a dungeon run whenever I wanted.
    Could give a shit if you think I am making it up, in 1 dungeon run I said not a word and it was a clean run no wipes, at the end I was politely called a F word meaning homosexual and told to uninstall the game and kill myself, if you wish to ignore the fact that it happens a lot that is your choice but I know the truth and you can keep on being delusional, also I didn't wait for squat, I had a guild that I found that fit my times and needs I am sorry you don't want to put in the effort for that either.

I'm implying putting time and effort into your toons. All those people who afk and stand in shit wont get raid spots. At least not in my raids. People who are in actual raiding guilds use lfr to practice, especially right now with the new raid. I seriously doubt you will see a lot of horrible players in the new LFR. Do lfr with your guildies. 4-8 players that are not brain dead does a lot in LFR.

I do say the old LFR are awful to do and I tend to stay as far away as I can.

Bliz's idea of content is dailies and scenarios.
    Why add 5 mans? You can spend just as much time doing the same dailies over and over and over. What the problem?

Worst expansion by far...and not getting better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could give a shit if you think I am making it up, in 1 dungeon run I said not a word and it was a clean run no wipes, at the end I was politely called a F word meaning homosexual and told to uninstall the game and kill myself, if you wish to ignore the fact that it happens a lot that is your choice but I know the truth and you can keep on being delusional, also I didn't wait for squat, I had a guild that I found that fit my times and needs I am sorry you don't want to put in the effort for that either.
    Back in November 1998, I was walking home down the dirt road from the store after grabbing a Ruby Red Squirt and a bag of Sour Cream chips (was on my way back to play Zelda OoT and Half-Life) when this car passed by me and the passenger threw a 32oz plastic drink cup at my face.

Point of the story? Shit happens sometimes. Random asshole will be a random asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Yes, I think we all do. But not everyone appreciates how a new set of 5mans reduce the number of dungeons you farm
    Easy fix.

For example, hypothetical new 5.2 dungeons could have dropped 489 ilvl gear (5.0 DAILIES ilvl, lower than 5.1 daileis, lower than HoF and Terrace NORMAL) and the old dungeons could have their loot revamped to 489 (including those that have them in their inventory).

You just added new dungeons, without making old dungeons irrelevant.

Dungeons are the core of MMORPGs, specifically WoW, this World of Dailycraft is desztroying everything, even the very CORE of the game.

We deserve to have dungeons content, Blizzard is trying to inflate their numbers by giving us CHEAP content instead of push hard the content we deserve.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-12 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    Bliz's idea of content is dailies and scenarios.
    Why add 5 mans? You can spend just as much time doing the same dailies over and over and over. What the problem?

Worst expansion by far...and not getting better.
    The setting, story, challenge modes, and raids (well, except HoF) are all excellent IMO. Its the gating VP gear behind a rep (LOL, gotta work twice to get that item, LOL) among other things (and not even reducing the old VP to JP) that has be throwing a shit fit. That and no flying for my alts for ease of access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    I'm implying putting time and effort into your toons. All those people who afk and stand in shit wont get raid spots. At least not in my raids. People who are in actual raiding guilds use lfr to practice, especially right now with the new raid. I seriously doubt you will see a lot of horrible players in the new LFR. Do lfr with your guildies. 4-8 players that are not brain dead does a lot in LFR.

I do say the old LFR are awful to do and I tend to stay as far away as I can.
    If anyone told me they are using LFR to practice I would laugh at them because they remove mechanics and dumb down the damage, I was nodding off on my mage in MSV LFR (before ToES release) and was still doing 35k and lived through the fight............LFR is a JOKE.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:19 PM ----------

Back in November 1998, I was walking home down the dirt road from the store after grabbing a Ruby Red Squirt and a bag of Sour Cream chips (was on my way back to play Zelda OoT and Half-Life) when this car passed by me and the passenger threw a 32oz plastic drink cup at my face.

Point of the story? Shit happens sometimes. Random asshole will be a random asshole.
    Yep but it doesn't happen on a daily basis, I can go into an LFD and be called all sorts of colorful racist names or other remarks that ruin my fun and experience even if I don't say or do anything wrong, people say those who want the days of Vanilla/BC have on rose colored glasses but the people who think todays model is great and nothing horrible has come from all this have their eyes completely covered and their fingers in their ears going "LALALALA I can't heeeeeeeeeear you"
    Last edited by Seefer; 2013-03-12 at 05:20 PM.

The day I can enter any raid I want within a week without having to clear previous content will be the day I unsub and move on to an actual MMORPG as it stand this game has gone from an MMORPG to a queue system with a chat program and the only thing keeping me here is what handful of friends are left in this game and raiding.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 11:30 AM ----------

If by mechanics you mean stand back while the tank grabs everything and then you AoE it all down sure.
    And the day my annual pass ends is the day i will unsub because of this news and because of the focus on cheap content like dailies.

MoP is losing subs at Cataclysm rates, because focusing your developement on dailies is not better than what they did in Cata making only 5 mans.

They cant ignore the dungeon community or they would be destroying the MMORPG label they have.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:20 PM ----------

People basically ignore boss mechanics also, trust me as a healer I have sat and healed through people standing in crap, not moving etc.
    I dont see much people sitting on Blades of Light for example, and those that do, they all die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Let this be a lesson to all ye who beg for things to revert to the state of expansions past. Be careful what you wish for.
    This really struck a chord with me, especially given the mountain of posts I've read over the years about how the BC progression model was the greatest thing since sliced bread (it wasn't but that's another post). MoP in terms of progression mechanics is and has been from the start a very BC-like expansion in that regard minus the stuff where guild-hopping was rampant and that once behind, it was very nearly impossible to ever catch up. BC didn't have a lot of dungeons after its release either--1 or perhaps 2 I think, not going to look it up. And yet it was magically the best expansion ever in a lot of people's eyes, some of those same people no doubt now complaining because there are no more dungeons planned for MoP.

It's magically ironic in a way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And the day my annual pass ends is the day i will unsub because of this news and because of the focus on cheap content like dailies.

MoP is losing subs at Cataclysm rates, because focusing your developement on dailies is not better than what they did in Cata making only 5 mans.

They cant ignore the dungeon community or they would be destroying the MMORPG label they have.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:20 PM ----------

I dont see much people sitting on Blades of Light for example, and those that do, they all die.
    The dungeon community.........the people who sit there and get all their gear then unsub cuz they are bored......yeah I am sure they really give a rats ass about the few of those, I am pretty sure they would rather focus on people who will stick around and have stuck around rather than the on again off again crowd.

Yeah cuz facerolling through 5 mans and playing world of queuecraft was better right? LOL
    No, it wasnt better. It wasnt worse really.

World of Dailycraft has the exact same problem than World of Queuecraft, only caters to a portion of the playerbase and completely ignores the rest.

the thing is, they already launched dailies in 5,1, they should have launched dungeons in 5.2, so that every portion of the playerbase gets content every other patch.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:23 PM ----------

The dungeon community.........the people who sit there and get all their gear then unsub cuz they are bored......yeah I am sure they really give a rats ass about the few of those, I am pretty sure they would rather focus on people who will stick around and have stuck around rather than the on again off again crowd.
    Dungeon community didnt unsub in Cata, it was the non dungeon community the ones that did. And MoP is losing subs at the same rate than cata, how is that better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    This really struck a chord with me, especially given the mountain of posts I've read over the years about how the BC progression model was the greatest thing since sliced bread (it wasn't but that's another post). MoP in terms of progression mechanics is and has been from the start a very BC-like expansion in that regard minus the stuff where guild-hopping was rampant and that once behind, it was very nearly impossible to ever catch up. BC didn't have a lot of dungeons after its release either--1 or perhaps 2 I think, not going to look it up. And yet it was magically the best expansion ever in a lot of people's eyes, some of those same people no doubt now complaining because there are no more dungeons planned for MoP.

It's magically ironic in a way.
    Hey guess what............BC also had the most growth and subscribers! WOTLK coat tailed it and grew by about 2 to 3 million where as BC had 8 million at the end of the expansion.

I'm not surprised they are phasing out dungeons. The couple we got with MoP were a joke. I saw this coming when they did a 180 in Cata and turned them into a 15 min loot hallway.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    For example, hypothetical new 5.2 dungeons could have dropped 489 ilvl gear (5.0 DAILIES ilvl, lower than 5.1 daileis, lower than HoF and Terrace NORMAL) and the old dungeons could have their loot revamped to 489 (including those that have them in their inventory).
    And LFR 5.0 would be completely pointless.

When 5.4 dungeons come out I guess you want them to drop 522 gear as well?

This is exactly what blizzard are trying to avoid.

They want to bring back some form on linear progression.

Not invalidate every single bit of LFR and Normal gear and raid the second a new patch comes out.