Deleted

[Mage] Weak Aura Question

Guys I'm trying to make a Frostbolt(debuff on the target) Weak Aura, but it has over 120 Spell Id's. So I don't know which one is the actual debuff on the target. I made the same Aura for my Arcane Charges back in the day and it worked perfect, so if someone knows Frostbolt's debuff spell ID please post it here and thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    Guys I'm trying to make a Frostbolt(debuff on the target) Weak Aura, but it has over 120 Spell Id's. So I don't know which one is the actual debuff on the target. I made the same Aura for my Arcane Charges back in the day and it worked perfect, so if someone knows Frostbolt's debuff spell ID please post it here and thanks in advance.

i think if you find the spell on wowhead it will have the id
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

You shouldn't even need the actual ID.

It doesn't really matter for WA that there are multiple debuffs in the game called "frostbolt". You will only be applying the correct one. So you want to be "Aura Name: Frostbolt" and check "Own only." That works perfectly fine for me. In fact, I believe that WA doesn't actually scan in such a way that it can tell between different things of the same name even if you give it the spell ID unless you check an option to make it do a less efficient search.

This doesn't matter with Frostbolt, but for some things there are times where you get multiple procs for different things share the same name and have to differentiate between them in some clever way. In those cases you need not only the specific spell ID, but you need to check "Use Full Scan (High CPU)" and you may even need to be clever about searching the tooltip text to get it right.

But TL;DR for Frostbolt, you're fine just going off the name.

Deleted
    Yea that worked great, Dralektus, thanks!