Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Resto] Are you still happy?

Disclaimer; I didn't really start this thread with the idea of turning into a bitching contest about our spec, I'm just 100% curious as to how people are with Restoration when the only change we were given was a mana reduction of HR.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started since patch 0.7 as a shaman and been resto in every patch, I'd safely say that I am still happy. I survived so much crap that has been thrown on resto shamans that I'm starting to wonder if I actually still live.

for more info, you can find more of these threads, so I keep this as a short answer to your question, if I may.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, but it's the only thing that I'm halfway good at in this game, so I'm kinda stuck with it. Especially since I've survived so much crap over the years that it would feel like giving up if I finally... gave up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Not really, but it's the only thing that I'm halfway good at in this game, so I'm kinda stuck with it. Especially since I've survived so much crap over the years that it would feel like giving up if I finally... gave up.
    So you are saying you do not want to give up as you do not want to have the feeling of giving up which you will be given if you give up?

I can see the fun in here :3
    Last edited by Schadow; 2013-03-09 at 06:29 PM. Reason: irony = not the same as fun.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Yeah I love being outhealed by a by people with worse gear and less experience. Especially after being our #1 healer for pretty much all of the last 2 expansions. It's been really great being a borderline scrub this whole expansion. I love it. I was going to switch to my mage this tier because he's my only other really geared toon but blizzard made sure that couldn't happen. (Obviously I raid 10m)

In all seriousness, in 10m at least, I just have no toolkit for fights that have a ton of constant movement where it isn't convenient for people to group up (I can't get my guild to group up if it's a pain, they just make me deal with it which is fine I guess). I am able to keep up when I can almost always be casting but between raiding with a disc priest who makes sure there are periods where no damage is going out and the abundance of movements in fights there is just far too much time in fights where there is nothing useful I can do to help the raid. If our dps was better at least I could do that. However, LB spam is so awful that it is really pointless. What I do try to do is just absolutely bring all the utility I can since my healing is subpar. If something needs to be interrupted, purged, whatever, I do it and less the more equipped classes go crazy at dps or healing. That, along with trying to make sure my cooldowns are all ready to prevent wipes/tank deaths is really all I can do. Fill in the gaps the best I can and hope for brighter days for resto shaman in the future.
    Last edited by Dunkman; 2013-03-09 at 06:56 PM.

Not happy at all. Being 25% behind every other healer is not fun at all especially when they say stuff like "but you bring so much utility to the raid", "but you are so good in PvP", ye cause Resto Shamans are the only healers to bring utility to the raid and only good healers in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been happy with Reso, but in general, I feel like is could always be happier.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Happy not realy but being a shaman for so long I learn and adapt to all the bs that has happened and still produce efficient number on my end

Deleted
    Love it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Not happy at all. Being 25% behind every other healer is not fun at all especially when they say stuff like "but you bring so much utility to the raid", "but you are so good in PvP", ye cause Resto Shamans are the only healers to bring utility to the raid and only good healers in PvP.
    But you do bring a ton of utility.

Deleted
    I remember talking to other guild healers at the start of MoP, saying I was more than happy with shaman healing, but HR needed a mana cost reduction. Now a tier later we get it, when mana management is fine, however we now lack throughput.

We're fine in essence, but chain heal needs a 10%-15% buff, mastery needs changing, and some sort of proc when healing would be the cherry on top.

Since our healing revolves around rain having a decent uptime and effectiveness, and with t15 fights looking rain un-friendly (even on 25 man). I think we'll struggle this tier to keep up. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chango99 View Post
    But you do bring a ton of utility.
    And other healers don't? Every specc brings a ton of utility in some way.

The biggest utility we bring is Mana Tide Totem. I was reading somewhere that Mana Tide Totem should only benefit the Shaman. I would honestly opt for that. It will bring the other healers down a bit and people will have one less utility to point at and they will stop giving us the silly excuses of "you bring too much utility so it's ok for you to do subpar healing while you buff other healers in the raid. Team work > Personal performance. Bla bla bla."

This ain't TBC anymore dude.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    I remember talking to other guild healers at the start of MoP, saying I was more than happy with shaman healing, but HR needed a mana cost reduction. Now a tier later we get it, when mana management is fine, however we now lack throughput.

We're fine in essence, but chain heal needs a 10%-15% buff, mastery needs changing, and some sort of proc when healing would be the cherry on top.

Since our healing revolves around rain having a decent uptime and effectiveness, and with t15 fights looking rain un-friendly (even on 25 man). I think we'll struggle this tier to keep up. But we'll see.
    I agree that our mastery needs a change. It's really ineffective in current raid environments when Paladins and Disc can just shield and people are topped off so fast. CH needs some serious love and HR needs to be more flexible.

We weren't very strong in T14 either, but we managed (barely beating Resto Druids in 10man, below Paladins, Disc and Monks in 25man). But now it's completely broken and Blizz still isn't giving us any attention after numerous threads popping up both on EU and US forums (donno about other regions).
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!

I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by rmlunsford; 2013-03-10 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmlunsford View Post
    Donde esta endus? He always shows up in the ele forums. Way to moderate the ele shaman forums. Can we get a resto mod please cause you ....
    He's a moderator, which means he moderates and sometimes posts his own opinion. He's not a super human being, just a player like many of us, but who moderates (as a volunteer) and gets shit upon all the time when ppl not agree with him. That he's tutoring or belittling has probably to do with his RL job as you can't use the same sarcasm GC uses. However you still need to give him some credit, he puts quite some effort in the moderating without any reward.

Do you need a resto shaman union spokesman?
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2013-03-10 at 08:28 AM. Reason: bad comparison deleted

I'm not happy with where resto is right now. It feels really underpowered in 10s and seriously, all I do is UE>HR>Riptide>Surge the tank/chain heal the group>lightning bolt for TC and keep HST on CD. The strong group healing element is gone and they tried to make us better for other healing by taking away our niche. I've ALWAYS felt like healers should be niche things. Now, shaman feels jack-of-all-trades-y to me.

I mean I was 2 healing T14 stuff with a slightly better geared pally. Bosses with high tank damage? He's doing twice my heals. Bosses with high raid damage? He's doing equal to 150% of my heals. Mixed damage? He's doing at least twice my heals. Only fights where I felt decent on were Tsulong and maaaaybe Visier.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-03-10 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Yes, I am completely fine with my spec.
    As per usual the community just over-blows every minor issue or concern into an end of the world drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    Yes, I am completely fine with my spec.
    As per usual the community just over-blows every minor issue or concern into an end of the world drama.
    According to raidbots.com, we are 25%-30% behind top healer on every fight in 25man, while being the healer with lowest output (except Jinrokh).

We are 30%-35% behind the top healer on every fight in 10man, while being the healer with the lowest output (even on Jinrokh, the stack fight where Resto Shaman's should be dominating).

From my pov we have been fine for the first tier, but only because it was quite HR friendly. Our mastery has needed a rework since the release of the exp. As well as CH also is in a dire need of an ovehaul. It does need an increase in jump range and in addition it either needs 10% -15% increase or an extra jump. Or that is how I see it.

And if they could take a look at TC so it it withe granted more mana or worked a bit like fist weaving or attonement, so not by same amount but you are pulling crap dps and it is hardly more than mana neutral (which was the plan, but I think we are getting punished too much compared yo the other classes)
    Last edited by Eijnar; 2013-03-10 at 06:41 PM.

The first tier of content was fine. But that was because shaman spirit scaling becomes terrible. After like 11k spirit, spirit falls below crit and mastery for shamans (unless you care about your "teams" mana via mana tide). Shaman's output goes up quickly with spirit until they can Riptide/HST(recalled)/HR spam with HW filler... then spirit scaling just kinda fizzles. And thus additional gear provides smaller gains.