Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Oondasta impressions so far?

He seems to be rather easy especially when considering how much Blizzard over exaggerated his difficulty. Frontal aoe cleave is easily avoidable and the mass aoe can be negated through personal cooldows. Spreading out makes the beam damage non existent. Killed him just a few minutes on Vashj EU with 4 full raid groups

heres the screenie

seems like his design is flawed and can be easily zerged
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2013-03-09 at 07:16 PM.

Easy to wipe, but also not that hard. We had him to bout 30% on first try with 3.5 raid groups.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Zerging him with large ammounts of people doesn't mean he's all that easy.

Deleted
    160 people for a boss with ~800mil HP? Easy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just killed it with a huge cross realm group on a French PvP server, there was about 200 of us there which put the bosses health at around 870m. Took us around 8 resets with corpse running throughout to kill it, the first few ruined by Alliance killing us.

When we did kill it, I got a 522 belt on my bonus roll

How is killing him with 4 full raid groups make him an easy boss? Did you even think about what you said?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    with 4 full raid groups
    Alright then.

see if you tried it with one full raid, the difficulty may be somewhat harder. But i haven't tried him yet so what do i know.

But there is no benefit to killing him with a single raid group, so why would anyone do it? He was designed to be killed with as many people on the same faction as feel the urge to hit him pitching in, therefore it is perfectly reasonable to say that he is easy if a large enough group of people can negate any challenge he represents.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    But there is no benefit to killing him with a single raid group, so why would anyone do it? He was designed to be killed with as many people on the same faction as feel the urge to hit him pitching in, therefore it is perfectly reasonable to say that he is easy if a large enough group of people can negate any challenge he represents.
    Only on the few servers that can manage to bring 4 raid groups to it. Especially after 3-5 weeks, all the top guilds won't even run it anymore and you'll have 1.5 groups of 4/12 normal raiders trying to bring it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Perhaps, but Blizzard made the "hard" statement with the intention for 1 raid group. Just like the other world bosses prior to 5.2 tagging system.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

thing is though there will never be a lack of people as you can xrealm cheese him

10+ Year Old Account
    4 full raids, so you basically killed it with 200 people, of course he would seem easy.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured the chain lightning mechanic would make zerging with huge amounts of people much more difficult, unless the leap range is a lot smaller than I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    thing is though there will never be a lack of people as you can xrealm cheese him
    Hasn't seemed to be a solution for my realm or many others yet.

I love the statement of "He seems to be rather easy" coupled with the screenshot of a sea of skeletons

15+ Year Old Account
    My first impression: shitloads of people, 15fps, lag, more lag, huge lagspike, im dead, corpserun, resurrect, i die instantly again, boss dies, 28,50.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

If it was so easy, why all the corpses?

Yeah, pretty much what everyone said when faction tag went in, "not going to be so tough with every DPS on the realm attacking him!"
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Only on the few servers that can manage to bring 4 raid groups to it. Especially after 3-5 weeks, all the top guilds won't even run it anymore and you'll have 1.5 groups of 4/12 normal raiders trying to bring it down.
    Not really, he's supposed to spawn like galleon, so he'll have people constantly camping him.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno