WHat mage spec is the best now?

Just coming back to WoW, I was wondering what is the top spec atm for PVE dps?
    Thanks!

Deleted
    Frost unless you have 520+ Gear

Deleted
    Hi,

Did you take some minutes to check out the current topics before creating one ?

I think you'll find your answers there.

If you have any specific questions feel free

Affliction :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire or Frost. As long as you ignore Arcane you are fine.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

oh i rly love fire, starting with this specc too for 5.2 , Frost would be easier with gear under ilvl 510 to starting raiding tot, fire is always nice to play ..actually i´ve got 515 ilvl and its ok. More gear >> more fun

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Fire or Frost. As long as you ignore Arcane you are fine.
    Not true. Arcane if played correctly is much better sustained dps than either of the others. With a full mastery rop build I'm doing about 110-120k sustained at 508 ilvl. Since I only have 30% crit as fire there is simply too much rng pull to pull to go fire.

I thought that was affliction?

Since 5.2 I've been both fire and frost. Fire was very rng, more so than it was before. Frost was very rng too. Sometimes you just don't get your second FoF or BF on your opener, it's awful. As frost I have 13,300 haste, and as fire I have 36~% crit self buffed, neither really feels as consistent as it should.

Deleted
    No mage spec is great before they revamp tier 6 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodaz View Post
    Not true. Arcane if played correctly is much better sustained dps than either of the others. With a full mastery rop build I'm doing about 110-120k sustained at 508 ilvl. Since I only have 30% crit as fire there is simply too much rng pull to pull to go fire.
    If Arcane can beat either Frost or Fire by an equal skill level player during T15 (at this moment in team) I will eat my kettle.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    start playing what you good at, than keep farming a bit gear -> go frost -> later on fire with high critrating.

Go on the spec you fell the chill..
    I do a OK dps as a arcane since lich king and I cant as a frost or fire, even with good gear n' stuff

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 09:27 PM ----------

I do a OK dps as a arcane since lich king and I cant as a frost or fire, even with good gear n' stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    This. Theoretically one spec may do more DPS but the one with the rotation that you're most comfortable executing will allow you to get closer to the theoretical cap.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This. Theoretically one spec may do more DPS but the one with the rotation that you're most comfortable executing will allow you to get closer to the theoretical cap.
    This is so true!! Test all 3 specs and play with u feel more comfortable!