Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Scaling down gear and character stats for old content

Saw this today from blizz.

-Scaling down gear and character stats for old content is on the list of things that would be nice to do, it is just a matter of when there will be time to do it.

Why? I like soloing old content when I was playing. Do the developers think "well it worked for gw2, it'll work for WoW"? The reason it works in gw2 is you also still get gear/stuff equal to your level from whatever you kill regardless of level, and the player gets roughly equivalent experience. If the rewards for doing old content is the same, and you need to look for an entire group of 10, 25, or even 40 for old raids, no one's going to do it. It'll be "Oh, a BWL raid? ..meh, I have my mog already."

Omg not this shit again! If they do this im gonna fucking quit wow for good, i really enjoy soloing old content and i know many others that do aswell.

I dont understand why they HAVE to nerf everything that is fun.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

It would be a niche thing that smaller groups of people like to do because they enjoy it, like Brawlers Guild or Challenge Modes.

I would also assume it would be implemented as another difficulty, and not just a blanket change across all raids. Example:

Raid Difficulty:
    -25 Man Normal
    -25 Man Heroic
    -25 Man Classic (or whatever it would be called)

Not everything has to have a reward tied to relevant content for people to enjoy playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    Omg not this shit again! If they do this im gonna fucking quit wow for good, i really enjoy soloing old content and i know many others that do aswell.

Dude what?

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    It would be a niche thing that smaller groups of people like to do because they enjoy it, like Brawlers Guild or Challenge Modes.

I would also assume it would be implemented as another difficulty, and not just a blanket change across all raids. Example:

Raid Difficulty:
    -25 Man Normal
    -25 Man Heroic
    -25 Man Classic (or whatever it would be called)

Not everything has to have a reward tied to relevant content for people to enjoy playing it.

Dude what?

You are stupid and ignorant.

Are you kidding me right now? Way to not even give a second of thought on the subject and just jump to absurd conclusions.

You're why we can't have nice things.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to take a minute and calm down
    Don't be so silly people, Ofcourse it would be done like Challenge modes have been, Because otherwise they would just up the level of everything in raids, and Blizz know that the vast majority of people like soloing old content, they wouldn't go and make it impossible

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Are you kidding me right now? Way to not even give a second of thought on the subject and just jump to absurd conclusions.

You're why we can't have nice things.
    Im gonna get banned for asking this but do you even lift?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-03-09 at 11:25 PM.

I love soloing stuff and have since I started this game almost 4 years ago now. But sometimes, not facerolling Ragnaros for the umpteenth time would be nice as well. And yes I do mean facerolling, even auto-attacking while afk. he drops like a sock.

Im gonna get banned for asking this but do you even lift?
    Alright so you're one of those then. Moving on.

What do you mean "this shit again?" You called someone stupid and ignorant and yet you make a blanket statement that Blizzard "nerfs everything that is fun". Furthermore, this change will most likely be toggled as Blizzard knows people enjoy farming old content for transmog gear.

Or they will most likely to add a que button so you can que for example scaled Black Temple and to get some cool vanity items/transmog sets etc if you complete meta achievement(old tbc raids scaled for lvl 90/or our gear/lvl/stats scaled down for 70).

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Clearly if they scaled old content it would be like Challenge Modes. If they took soloing away a whole lot of people would be furious, as already seen here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Waste of resources and time.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stryk View Post
    What do you mean "this shit again?" You called someone stupid and ignorant and yet you make a blanket statement that Blizzard "nerfs everything that is fun". Furthermore, this change will most likely be toggled as Blizzard knows people enjoy farming old content for transmog gear.
    I have only one word for you. Sock puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Waste of resources and time.
    Not really. The scaling system already exists and developing that would be the biggest workload.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Clearly if they scaled old content it would be like Challenge Modes. If they took soloing away a whole lot of people would be furious, as already seen here...
    They should make it an option, instead of a mandatory thing.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I do not like this. I have raided most raids already. I do not want to go back and do it again. I like to go in and pewpew for mounts and transmog gear alone

Blizzard has gone out of their way to make things POSSIBLE to solo (RoS, Kalecgos, Gunship, ETC,) do you really think they would just carte blanche auto scale people down?

The sky is not falling, calm down.

I have only one word for you. Sock puppet.
    Sock puppet is two words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I do not like this. I have raided most raids already. I do not want to go back and do it again. I like to go in and pewpew for mounts and transmog gear alone
    So you don't like that other people would have the option to do this if they wanted to, while leaving your WoW experience completely unchanged? Hmm.