Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I only comment from after the fact really.

A lot of times the really bad people have most people fooled.

Though I'll admit to being one of the few they didn't fool and never fool. I look for little things in people, stuff like the guy that shows up empty handed every party and partakes the most of what other's brought.

Last time it was this guy "mike" and everyone loved mike. Really, I think I was the only one that didn't like him...I kept it to myself (well 'cept for a few close friends) and a couple times I got "I can't believe you don't like mike".. then mike cheated on his wife, emptied her bank account and stole her dog on top of giving her a nice beating. After that I got some "how did you know???". I don't have an answer past "he makes my spider sense tingle".
    Damn would love to see what you think of me in person LOL. TBH i'd probably set it off....Or not might really depend on my current predominant mood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Actually, I've found that to be true more often than not in my own experiences. Women who say they want bad boys end up calling those guys jerks, and women who say they want stable partners end up sleeping with "bad boys" for thrills. Classic "biology interfering with psychological needs" syndrome, which affects men as well. Dudes want the hot chick but end up hating her when she can't hold a conversation, but then try dating the smart unattractive girls and can't stay physically interested or get intimidated.
    What? "Bad boys" were fun in teen years, not so much now in my 20s. I'm with my boyfriend because he's caring and loving, I could see havnig a child with him in the future aswell, that does not hold true for "bad boys". I'd never want to have a child with someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Everyone says they don't like drama. Nobody will ever admit to it. But those are often the same ppl that love it. Human beings are dramatic in nature. And yes. Even men. Just in different ways.
    Drama I had enough of in my teen years.

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    you version of "normal" is most likely drama.
    No, I've had very few arguments with my boyfriend and none of them have even gotten to the point of raising the voice.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-03-12 at 01:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    My female friend has really bad taste in men. Everyone knows it. She knows it. Every time she gets a new man, everyone tells her it's a bad idea, that it's going to end poorly, that she can do a lot better, etc. But she never listens. She always dates these dummies and they always fuck everything up and she always ends up miserable. Whatever. Not an uncommon story. Some women just have bad taste in men.

But today, after her latest fling bails on her, she goes on Facebook and posts the "All men are assholes whaaaa!!" deal. WHAT? Every fucking time she dates these guys that she knows are awful. Everyone tells her they're awful. They all end in the exact same way and she knows they're going to end that way. But somehow all of us assholes because she has shitty tastes in men. What the shit? I don't blame all women for the fact that I can't get laid. I blame myself because I'm physically unattractive and have a bad personality. Why can't people do the same? Why is it never their shitty life choices, but that the other sex is shallow/stupid/slutty/etc.? Why is it so hard for people who suck to accept that they suck?
    If I was you OP I'd quickly distance myself from this 'friend'. First time it's ok - we all make mistakes. Second time - it's ok we all make mistakes. Third time - it's kind of ok, some of us make mistakes twice. Fourth, fifth, sixth time - the problem is with her, not other men.

Some people just thrive off drama. The people that thrive off drama and this kind of petty stupid shit have no part to play in my life so I cut 'em loose.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    What..? I have to say a large amount of men are rather stupid/shallow though.
    Lol, and a large amount of women are vacuous, money-grabbing, self-obsessed, vain, prissy dumb-asses. GENERALISATIONS AHOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    If I was you OP I'd quickly distance myself from this 'friend'. First time it's ok - we all make mistakes. Second time - it's ok we all make mistakes. Third time - it's kind of ok, some of us make mistakes twice. Fourth, fifth, sixth time - the problem is with her, not other men.

Some people just thrive off drama. The people that thrive off drama and this kind of petty stupid shit have no part to play in my life so I cut 'em loose.
    She's funny and actually invites me to do things. None of my other friends invite me to do things. And I'm about as flawed a person as anyone, so I can't really judge. It's definitely her fault that she ruins her relationships though.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I would, in all honestly, prefer to date a 7 who was understanding, interested in at least some of my (very esoteric) avocations, and could routinely hold an intelligent discussion (wherein she didn't simply regurgitate "information she read on the internet" that she didn't bother internalizing and analyzing herself) than a vapid, superficial airhead who was a perfect 10.

I have a more unconventional taste in physical beauty than most guys, anyway. (At least most guy's I've met. I prefer a "curvier" look rather than the slim, tone, goes-to-the-gym-every-day figure.)
    you might do that, but you will always see the "10" in your class who is smart and everything your current "7" have, and go for the "10" instead. Ofc if you were sitting infront of miss 7 and miss 10, and you were looking for a relationship, and 10 happend to be "stupid", then you would go for miss 7.
    But what you said about "curves", people will rate diffrently aswell, maybe your 8 would be a 6 to me and so on.

But my point was, people say "personality matters", but if you go for a 2, then how are you going to be attracted to this person when you rate them as 2? Even if they have a "good personality". I might be friends with women im not attracted to at the university, but wouldn't sleep with them ever.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I only comment from after the fact really.

A lot of times the really bad people have most people fooled.

Though I'll admit to being one of the few they didn't fool and never fool. I look for little things in people, stuff like the guy that shows up empty handed every party and partakes the most of what other's brought.

Last time it was this guy "mike" and everyone loved mike. Really, I think I was the only one that didn't like him...I kept it to myself (well 'cept for a few close friends) and a couple times I got "I can't believe you don't like mike".. then mike cheated on his wife, emptied her bank account and stole her dog on top of giving her a nice beating. After that I got some "how did you know???". I don't have an answer past "he makes my spider sense tingle".
    Hmm well aslong as you "give them a chance" then doesnt really matter. But same with "gender roles" need to go, as with "bad boys have tattoos and motorcycle" have to go.

If you take 1 man, and put him in "University look" and "Motorcycle look", all you change would be the clothing/hair style. Then people will judge that man on the way he looks to explain if he is a good guy or a bad guy. Not saying people cant be cautious or avoid any of the types. But when people say "He is a bad guy blabla" based on wether you own a motorcycle and have tattoos just is annyoing as hell.
    Last edited by Aspect of Death; 2013-03-12 at 09:07 AM.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    But my point was, people say "personality matters", but if you go for a 2, then how are you going to be attracted to this person when you rate them as 2? Even if they have a "good personality". I might be friends with women im not attracted to at the university, but wouldn't sleep with them ever.
    I apply my own logic when it comes to female friends:

- friend's girlfriends I don't consider them my friends. I view only their boyfriends as my friends, this removes any chance for them to cheat with me or me to view them as anything sexual.

- female friends that are not interested in me or I am into them are semi-friends. Talk, activities, never do stuff with them once drinking is involved. Better let them find another guy to hook up if they are into that kind of stuff or in the very rare occasion a "console" intercourse.

- female friends that I am interested in. Try to find out if thet feel the same, get it to work, if not remain somewhat friends or (depending on case) cut all ties. Would not invest more with no possible outcome.

This makes the whole situation simplier, more logical.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2013-03-12 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    My female friend has really bad taste in men. Everyone knows it. She knows it. Every time she gets a new man, everyone tells her it's a bad idea, that it's going to end poorly, that she can do a lot better, etc. But she never listens. She always dates these dummies and they always fuck everything up and she always ends up miserable. Whatever. Not an uncommon story. Some women just have bad taste in men.

But today, after her latest fling bails on her, she goes on Facebook and posts the "All men are assholes whaaaa!!" deal. WHAT? Every fucking time she dates these guys that she knows are awful. Everyone tells her they're awful. They all end in the exact same way and she knows they're going to end that way. But somehow all of us assholes because she has shitty tastes in men. What the shit? I don't blame all women for the fact that I can't get laid. I blame myself because I'm physically unattractive and have a bad personality. Why can't people do the same? Why is it never their shitty life choices, but that the other sex is shallow/stupid/slutty/etc.? Why is it so hard for people who suck to accept that they suck?

So she's going to become a feminist?