Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Not if you're young.

Unless your job is to run a mile every day, because then you might just be fucked.

But no, being 378 pounds is not the end of the world, it does not mean that you cannot walk, bend over, or pick up heavy equipment. That's all I'm saying.
    Are you shitting me? Being 100 pounds overweight inhibits people's mobility, flexibility, health, and athleticism. Being 200 pounds overweight is into joint damage territory, just from normal walking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Imagine what it's like to me then, weighing 105 lbs right now to 5'1. Such numbers just seem unreal to me even though I know people are that big.. Don't get how people get that heavy.
    That's borderline Dwarf :O

People here saying that weight loss is mostly from your diet is kind of off base.

Iam a certified Chef, I make everything homemade from scratch, not a single box or microwave item, I eat two meals a day and Iam 6'3" 350 lbs.

Mostly because my level of activity, Iam just starting my new job which I havnt had one for 6 months and I rarely exercise. Yet I still weigh 350.

I dont drink soda, I dont eat many sweets, I have like a sandwich for lunch and a healthy dinner, usually lots of veggies and protein. But my body seriously wont lose a SINGLE pound unless I go out and work out.

Everybody is different, I had this friend who was like 200 lbs and he lost 25 pounds when he stopped drinking soda. I lost like 5 if that. How can someone who is barely overweight(he is like 6' so 175 is good for him) lose so much from stopping soda and me lose nothing?

And Iam 100% for promoting eating healthier and making stuff at home and teaching each other to cook and eat right but for many people like me, it takes hard dedication in both fields of eating right and exercising to see any significant numbers differences.

How is the excess skin working for ya? Because no one loses 200lbs in less than a year without ending up with the nastiest looking shit haging from their chest, belly, arms and even face.

Congrats on losing the weight though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    I eat two meals a day
    Can't say I'm an expert but I think this is a problem, eating only 2 meals a day slow down your metabolism, which stops you from losing weight, try eating more meals but in smaller quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    People here saying that weight loss is mostly from your diet is kind of off base.

Iam a certified Chef, I make everything homemade from scratch, not a single box or microwave item, I eat two meals a day and Iam 6'3" 350 lbs.

Mostly because my level of activity, Iam just starting my new job which I havnt had one for 6 months and I rarely exercise. Yet I still weigh 350.

I dont drink soda, I dont eat many sweets, I have like a sandwich for lunch and a healthy dinner, usually lots of veggies and protein. But my body seriously wont lose a SINGLE pound unless I go out and work out.

Everybody is different, I had this friend who was like 200 lbs and he lost 25 pounds when he stopped drinking soda. I lost like 5 if that. How can someone who is barely overweight(he is like 6' so 175 is good for him) lose so much from stopping soda and me lose nothing?

And Iam 100% for promoting eating healthier and making stuff at home and teaching each other to cook and eat right but for many people like me, it takes hard dedication in both fields of eating right and exercising to see any significant numbers differences.
    That's your problem right there. Being a certified chef means squat when you don't know the basics of dieting and how your metabolism works.

Very impressive , congratulation to you , i hope people can learn from you and do the same thing.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Truer words have never been spoken. You see people that try to lose weight by going on the treadmill for 20 minutes and carry on eating a terrible diet, expecting it to do something. Diet is the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerMcTroll View Post
    That's your problem right there. Being a certified chef means squat when you don't know the basics of dieting and how your metabolism works.
    I saw a nutritionist and ate healthily all the time and counted everything, yet I lost no weight. I didn't begin to lose weight until I started to exercise 5 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerMcTroll View Post
    Correct ^. 5-6 small meals throughout the day is ideal, eating only two causes the body go into panic mode and slows down metabolism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Are you shitting me? Being 100 pounds overweight inhibits people's mobility, flexibility, health, and athleticism. Being 200 pounds overweight is into joint damage territory, just from normal walking.
    If you say so.

I think that some time ago I was perfectly capable of walking up the street to my mailbox a few days a week without collapsing from a heart attack or excruciating pain, but maybe I'm just insane.

Basically, you're just ugly and no one wants to have sex with you. Which is already possible without being a fatass. You're also treated like an abomination, which contrary to popular belief, does nothing for motivation. I think for nonviolent, conformist, or shy people, it just encourages them to hide from the world and indulge in their unhealthy activities more frequently.

To me, nothing I've had really compares to that. It's really disgusting. Perhaps more disgusting than looking at yourself in the mirror every morning.

I mean, I once had this excruciating lower back pain for a few weeks... But that was back when I was like 230. Compared to the time I spent floating around 350, I am not sure that I can say with any certainty that it had anything to do with my weight. I've never had a medical problem.

If you really think like the dumb stupid shit you wrote, you are 12 or a fatass, or both
    But here's a case and point.

Deleted
    Well done OP, and you are correct, weight loss DOES start in the kitchen. Although having a good body through exercise is never a bad thing either, best to combine the two in my opinion, nothing beats swimming if you are obese either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    If you say so.

I think that some time ago I was perfectly capable of walking up the street to my mailbox a few days a week without collapsing from a heart attack or excruciating pain, but maybe I'm just insane.

Basically, you're just ugly and no one wants to have sex with you. Which is already possible without being a fatass. You're also treated like an abomination, which contrary to popular belief, does nothing for motivation. I think for nonviolent, conformist, or shy people, it just encourages them to hide from the world and indulge in their unhealthy activities more frequently.

To me, nothing I've had really compares to that. It's really disgusting. Perhaps more disgusting than looking at yourself in the mirror every morning.

I mean, I once had this excruciating lower back pain for a few weeks... But that was back when I was like 230. Compared to the time I spent floating around 350, I am not sure that I can say with any certainty that it had anything to do with my weight. I've never had a medical problem.

But here's a case and point.
    Well I guess your anectodal evidence just obliterates scientific fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    Isnt he the guy who has his choice of 5 women any given day? Must be nice living in his reality.....or fantasy.
    Yeah, this guy lives a very charmed life. He earns $95k a year, dates women who earn $200k, has up to 5 women on the go at any one time and is a very fit gym rat. One must ask what his vice is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I saw a nutritionist and ate healthily all the time and counted everything, yet I lost no weight. I didn't begin to lose weight until I started to exercise 5 days a week.
    Weight loss doesn't necessarily have to be about exercise. What's key is having a caloric intake which is lower than what your body burns on a given day. So, say that your body requires 2000 calories a day (higher for us fatties), having a caloric intake of 1500 calories a day for a month will result in a perfectly fine weight loss. Exercising (for, say, an hour) increases this caloric requirement to about 2500, potentially doubling your weight loss, but it doesn't really accomplish anything for people who have a willpower (or a disagreeing subconsciousness) problem.

So yeah, exercising alone will get you nowhere. The first step is overcoming the willpower or subconsciousness problem and then if you like you can exercise to speed it up if you'd like, but it doesn't make any difference really. What's important is that you're losing weight, and all those "exercising will make you lose weight" or "you can only lose weight by exercising" people don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    To be honest, in cases where the person is extremely overweight, they're eating substantially more than the average person. Just eating normal meals will result in huge and rather rapid losses until you reach a more sustainable mass.
    Not all cases of a person being overweight is necessarily a result of overeating(I am overweight but not entirely due to overeating). Using myself as an example I weighed somewhere around 400lbs before I was diagnosed with Lymphoma 3ish weeks ago and now weigh 330ish(151.6kg) most of the weight loss was water retention though and not pure fat loss so there might be some health differences between the two weightlosses.

Good stuff. Very obese people don't really need to exercise in the beginning. I mean you should, but most obese people can simply start losing weight by changing your diet. It all starts with eating properly. Once that happens, people usually do end up losing a lot of weight. Exercise is important, don't get me wrong, but it really does start in the kitchen first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    I dont want to be rude in any way so forgive me if i end up being, but did it really take a doctor for you to notice that 378 pounds is obese?
    Im not sure how tall you are but even a fairly fit tall person wont go much past 220ish
    This was exactly what I was thinking as well. It's like having to ask a lawyer wether killing another human being is illegal or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Weight loss doesn't necessarily have to be about exercise. What's key is having a caloric intake which is lower than what your body burns on a given day. So, say that your body requires 2000 calories a day (higher for us fatties), having a caloric intake of 1500 calories a day for a month will result in a perfectly fine weight loss. Exercising (for, say, an hour) increases this caloric requirement to about 2500, potentially doubling your weight loss, but it doesn't really accomplish anything for people who have a willpower (or a disagreeing subconsciousness) problem.

So yeah, exercising alone will get you nowhere. The first step is overcoming the willpower or subconsciousness problem and then if you like you can exercise to speed it up if you'd like, but it doesn't make any difference really. What's important is that you're losing weight, and all those "exercising will make you lose weight" or "you can only lose weight by exercising" people don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about.
    When I was just eating well I did stop gaining (I was gaining a lot), but I wasn't losing. Positives was the stop in gain, then my endocrinologist said my thyroid was slow and that's likely attributing to my weight gain, but only slightly slow and she put me on pills. Haven't taken them since though, just work out and eat and losing weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Well I guess your anectodal evidence just obliterates scientific fact.
    i would have thought you'd be a little more excited that i wasn't sucking the life out of your economy with my fat ass and health insurance, as well as taking up 2 seats on your airplanes