Mage needs some raiding help.

Hey there fellow Mages!

Long story short. I've been playing a mage now for years. I've always been a fire mage and back and forth to arcane whenever its been above in dmg. Now I'm forced to play as frost. I don't mind frost however. Playing as frost spec now and playing in general my DPS/dmg is lacking. I use to be the #1 or #2 dmg class in my guilds 10m progression group before 5.1. Now its 5.2 and I'm finding my dmg very low compared to the rest of my raid group. I find myself on thin ice to even stay in my raid group with my current DPS and I dont want to hold them back from progressing. Is there anything anyone can suggest for me to do/change? I've always loved the mage class but I find myself against a wall atm and am really considering main switching.

Can't link my armory but name is Fabalous Horde Panderan Mage on Ysera guild name Fairies and Goblins

(can't post links yet)
    Once again greatly appreciate any advice/criticism!

10+ Year Old Account
    For people to really be able to help you, we need a little more detail. Logs, or examples of where you are struggling.
    Mages (atm) are not # 1 or 2, we are about the middle. I'm sure it's a shock that you are further down then you expected, we are all experiencing that.

So what specifically is catching you off guard? Have you read the frost guide? There's a lot of good spell priority, macros, basic play thoughts in there.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Well I'm new here so it wont let me post any links. Guess I need to make more posts in order for me to upload some Logs.

Last night was first night of progression for my guild,

Jin Kill
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=3206&e=3527

I am raiding as frost and honestly for my item lv (497) I am doing pretty low damage (even though second in raid) I was looking for some suggestion that you can find and any critique that you have

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...usuncle/simple

Any Help would be appreciated

Edit: On Horridon I was doing around 80-90k which I believe is low and I was around 3rd-4th on the dps chart which ticks me off and I know I can do better

You need to do a better job of keeping up Invoker's Energy. Both your Jin'rokh kill and your 4:30 Horridon attempt show uptime around 40-50%, when you should have uptime around 80-90%. Keep track of the buff. Use an addon if you must. I use Inline Aura to put Invoker's Energy timer right on the button.

You seem a bit lax about using cooldowns and using them effectively. You kept Icy Veins and Alter Time in your pocket for Horridon #6. Always sync up Alter Time, Icy Veins, and Potion of the Jade Serpent where possible. You do use AT properly with FoF and BF, though, but with Nether Tempest I think getting a Brain Freeze when you want it is a bit of a crap shoot. Also, Mirror Image is a significant source of damage and should be used on CD when threat is not an issue (it's reasonable to keep it in your pocket for Horridon, though).

You make some inconsistent choices with your gemming. Either haste is better or int is. If haste is better, then you should put +320 haste gems in yellow sockets, which you don't. If int is better, you should put +160 int gems in red sockets, which you don't. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Muphrid View Post
    You need to do a better job of keeping up Invoker's Energy. Both your Jin'rokh kill and your 4:30 Horridon attempt show uptime around 40-50%, when you should have uptime around 80-90%. Keep track of the buff. Use an addon if you must. I use Inline Aura to put Invoker's Energy timer right on the button.

You seem a bit lax about using cooldowns and using them effectively. You kept Icy Veins and Alter Time in your pocket for Horridon #6. Always sync up Alter Time, Icy Veins, and Potion of the Jade Serpent where possible. You do use AT properly with FoF and BF, though, but with Nether Tempest I think getting a Brain Freeze when you want it is a bit of a crap shoot. Also, Mirror Image is a significant source of damage and should be used on CD when threat is not an issue (it's reasonable to keep it in your pocket for Horridon, though).

You make some inconsistent choices with your gemming. Either haste is better or int is. If haste is better, then you should put +320 haste gems in yellow sockets, which you don't. If int is better, you should put +160 int gems in red sockets, which you don't. What gives?
    Thank you for the advice, For frost I thought for anything that is yellow/red we should be using the reckless for both the SP and haste combined makes more sense then just the haste or just the SP/crit.

I do use NTK to track some key cooldowns (IE, Frozen Orb and IV) I focus on mechanics sometimes more then just pure DPS but thats a great way of checking that

I try and keep cooldowns and such for my macros with AT-beserk-IV-potion-POM and such to max dps on times when needed

Thank you for the advice and anything else can really help me out

After cata and much of MoP, it's high time someone else got to face roll their way to the top of the charts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    After cata and much of MoP, it's high time someone else got to face roll their way to the top of the charts.
    I can't remember the last time a pure DPS class has been benched for low DPS and no utility.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1