10+ Year Old Account

Oondasta is a loot pinata

I recall blizzard saying how hard this boss was going to be. Now I am not hardcore raider at all but this boss was a zerg fest. 120 people vs the boss cause of faction tagging made him a 1 shot. Now I am kinda confused what went wrong here since blizzard did say Oondasta was going to be super hard made for hardmode guilds. Was faction tagging not taken in to account?

not trying to complain or QQ too much just kinda confused how the boss ended up being easier than they said. I am looking for clarification about this.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

It may be worth noting though that one of the world bosses, Oondasta, is intended to be crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss"
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...age=1#new-post
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-03-10 at 02:09 AM.

Well, 120+ people trying for anything is an amazing thing in itself for a game this old, so I don't really mind it.

Oondasta seems to be the topic no can be bothered with searching for current threads about:

Oondasta impressions so far?

World 1st Oondasta Kills

Both those threads still on the first page of the forums discusses his ease already. You'll also notice how Blizzard said raid group and not 4 or 5 raid groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I recall blizzard saying how hard this boss was going to be. Now I am not hardcore raider at all but this boss was a zerg fest. 120 people vs the boss cause of faction tagging made him a 1 shot. Now I am kinda confused what went wrong here since blizzard did say Oondasta was going to be super hard made for hardmode guilds. Was faction tagging not taken in to account?

not trying to complain or QQ too much just kinda confused how the boss ended up being easier than they said. I am looking for clarification about this.

[blizQUOTE]
    It may be worth noting though that one of the world bosses, Oondasta, is intended to be crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss"[/blizQUOTE]
    120 people equals 3 raid groups. you answered it yourself, the boss was unfairly zerged.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

When 120 people fight a world boss meant for one group, it'll be a lot easier than people expect. Also, I don't see why you couldn't keep this to the one Oondasta thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...essions-so-far
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    You had 3 times the required amount of people, of course it was easy. It will be hard if you do it with just 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Oondasta seems to be the topic no can be bothered with searching for current threads about:

Oondasta impressions so far?

World 1st Oondasta Kills

Both those threads still on the first page of the forums discusses his ease already. You'll also notice how Blizzard said raid group and not 4 or 5 raid groups.
    organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, not 3 groups of pugs not in Heroic-level gear

organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, not 3 groups of pugs not in Heroic-level gear
    last I checked 40 mans raid havn't been in wow since 2008ish. Soooo even 1 40 man is either 4 10 man or 1 25+parts of 2 10 mans. Hence TEAMED UP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take that to mean 4 teams of heroic 10 man groups joining together, or 2 heroic level 25 man groups working together, etc, not multiple 40 man groups.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think the boss was over hyped by blizzard in terms of difficulty

oondasta could have given some type of -stats debuff or something when you died to prevent res zerging

it's kind of a joke that he is killed the first day he spawns.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    last I checked 40 mans raid havn't been in wow since 2008ish. Soooo even 1 40 man is either 4 10 man or 1 25+parts of 2 10 mans. Hence TEAMED UP.
    The 10 or 25-player versions are raids; World bosses, like Sha or Galleon, can be done with up to 40 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned, there's already threads on this topic. Please use them to discuss this.