View Poll Results: Would you support a paid 300% XP boost option? (for alts)

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

247 39.21%
  • No

321 50.95%
  • I'm happy with the grind

62 9.84%
Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Would you support a paid 300% XP boost option?

If Blizzard were to offer a 'realm bound' (think current BoA system) paid XP boost, would you be happy?

Certain criteria might need to be filled such as you'd need a level 90 on that realm before purchasing said XP boost became an option.

In other games such as LoL the option is available and I wondered if it would be good thing to have in WoW.

Like, you pay 10 euro and it applies a realm-wide 300%, 10-day XP buff on any characters on your Bnet on that realm.

Sure you could pay to xfer a toon to a new realm, then buy a boost but Blizz would still make money from that initial Char xfer.

I'm not really interested in replies telling me the heirlooms/guild perks offer +60% XP gain, I already am aware of that.
    "If you aren't nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, you don't have a heart. If you want to bring it back, you don't have a brain." - Moistmuffins

I wouldnt care really. I wouldnt use it because I wouldnt want to ruin the experience.

No, No, No, No, No, NO.

While XP boost Is a minor thing, things like that can develop Into SHITLOAD of other things, and NO ONE wants a game where you can pay to get Achivs/Rep/Replica for mogs/ And other things, so please... NO TY, now close thread.

Why not just pay to totally bypass leveling?

Here you have it,Elixir of Ancient Knowledge. Now go farm it.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    Revelations 6:8

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86574 Drops off a rare mob. I would see no problem with them selling them on the item store. They would probably have to make them persist through death though.

yes, only because people would complain and leave.... the mmo market needs a shake up =P

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    No, No, No, No, No, NO.

While XP boost Is a minor thing, things like that can develop Into SHITLOAD of other things, and NO ONE wants a game where you can pay to get Achivs/Rep/Replica for mogs/ And other things, so please... NO TY, now close thread.
    absolutely agree NO

do not add any more paid services period
    If I want that I will play SWTOR

Why not an incredibly long and expensive quest chain?

EDIT: Or a requirement to certain milestones on your account/characters.

Quote Originally Posted by cheero View Post
    If they're going to charge me real money, I'd be more likely to pay for a level 90 character than for any amount of XP boost. I'd be all for paying gold for boosted XP, though. Also, I think it'd be cool if they did events like some other games i've played where they have XP boost weekends every so often...at 85, i had 7 max level toons by the end of it, so far I've only been able to talk myself into leveling 3 of them to 90

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    yes, only because people would complain and leave.... the mmo market needs a shake up =P
    Not much of a shake up since practically every other mmo on the market has paid xp boosts.

I'm aware of the Elixir from Krol, it's part of what prompted me to make this thread.

As the Elixir exists and RAF exists (both on a timed buff) I'm sure Blizzard could offer a paid service.

Would it be unhealthy for the game? You'd need a 90 to be able to buy the buff anyway - incidentally same as getting the Krol drop.

I don't understand why people would have objections to this.
    "If you aren't nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, you don't have a heart. If you want to bring it back, you don't have a brain." - Moistmuffins

No, can't say that I like that idea.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    No, can't say that I like that idea.
    Can I enquire why not?

I'm just curious as someone else levelling faster than you would seemingly have no impact on your game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    Like, you pay 10 euro and it applies a realm-wide 300%, 10-day XP buff on any characters on your Bnet on that realm.
    This already exists in two forms. You have the 300% elixir that drops off a rare in Dread Wastes. You can also pay for another copy of WoW so you can do RaF yourself and gain 300% xp. Either way those two forms exist and if you want to use it, go for it. Otherwise, no.

It already exists for sneaky rich people in the form of raf. Blizzard is not stupid so we won't see a blatant 300% exp boost in the cash shop any time soon. In a few years maybe if interest in wow is down.

I would not buy this. I do not see the point in it

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I would not buy this. I do not see the point in it
    More than you play the game

Quote Originally Posted by cheero View Post
    I would pay to get my characters to max level with heroic entry level gear

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    No, No, No, No, No, NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicpopsicle View Post
    absolutely agree NO

do not add any more paid services period
    If I want that I will play SWTOR
    That's a slippery slope fallacy.

I wouldn't mind it. It doesn't affect you if you don't purchase it, it doesn't give anyone an advantage (other than leveling faster)...I can't think of a legitimate gripe against it.