Poll: Would you support a paid 300% XP boost option? (for alts)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    No, leveling is already way too fast as it is with heirloom gear right now, 300% increase would make all their questing content completely irrelevant and make all their effort put into telling a story be void since you'd just be blasting through every zone in no time at all.
    I have to say, I have 6 lvl 90's, 3 85's and a few around 60/70 but I've only followed the story once. After my first lvl 80 back in Woltk I never followed the story anymore. It was just a "mission" to get max lvl asap.

So I'd say give the option and let the people decide if they want to use it or not.

If someone wants it, let them buy it. I don't understand all this "NO" mentality. Who cares?

The people saying no probably couldn't afford it, which is why they're against it. What others do doesn't affect my game experience in the least. If someone wants to boost 300%, that's their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So practice DPS rotations on Training Dummies? Run some heroics? I know that 100 million DPS is totally needed, but as long as the boss goes down, I personally don't care. Especially if they talk. If you're talking, I won't care if you do 1 dps.

I have 8+ chars, of which I have leveled to level cap (pre-MoP). I have never touched, nor learned, a profession before max.

How long does it take one to learn a class? It really shouldn't take that long...

I know it's fun to harp on bad players, but are there really that many bad players, in comparison to good ones? To competent ones? To ones able to learn from their mistakes and improve themselves?

If they are so rare, wouldn't they shine because they're not terrible?
    1. Dummies =/= actual raid experience. Heroics =/= actual raid experience, learning a class/role along the way is the very reason why lower level dungeons are there in the first place. Skipping all of that very quickly doesn't teach you very much.

2. I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to say here. You have 8+ level 85 characters? It doesn't really matter how many you have if the one in question doesn't have maxed professions, so I don't understand why you even mentioned your other toons. If you're saying that since you have all those other characters you don't need to max this character's profession, that's not true either, because many professions such as BS and Tailoring are character specific. Saying you don't need to farm the mats still isn't very valid either, because you STILL have or had to farm the mats, which still took you that much time...

3. Subjective, as I mentioned in point 5. Everybody has a pace they learn at. Some faster/slower than others. Moot point.

4. Subjective, what you or I view as good or bad players isn't everybody's opinion. The whole purpose of point 4 also has much to do with point 3. The less you know or can bring to a table, the less valuable you are. It doesn't matter what your opinion is, what matters is your value. And if enough people fit into point 3, that changes options many guilds have, and as I mentioned, if it happens enough, it could even carry over into normal raids. Heroic raids aren't what concerns me, it's the part about a large swathe of the community as a whole isn't ready to enter those raids, and some will be oblivious to that. This cuts down on available raiders, while this doesn't seem bad, consider that the normal progression of people getting into heroic raids are coming from normal, normal from LFR. If there is a flood of people not ready for even normal raids, this hurts more guilds than you might think.

5. I don't think you thought this one through. When applying to a raiding guild, most of them want 2 things now: link to armory so they can see what you've done and what gear you have, and logs of some description. If you don't have much to speak of in either category, and these guilds just have to take your word for it that you are one of these "exceptions", I think you'll find that these people are indeed going to be more rare than you're willing to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post
    5. I don't think you thought this one through. When applying to a raiding guild, most of them want 2 things now: link to armory so they can see what you've done and what gear you have, and logs of some description. If you don't have much to speak of in either category, and these guilds just have to take your word for it that you are one of these "exceptions", I think you'll find that these people are indeed going to be more rare than you're willing to admit.
    It's not hard to get a log or a reference. Ask one of the raid's guildies to do an LFR with you for your trial. Bam, you have it.

Really, though;

1. Dead easy, who cares
    2. Don't need it to play, who cares
    3. Product of 1 and 2, who cares
    4. The absolute number of good raiders isn't going to go down. Proportionally they'll go down, but only because there's a million billion shit raiders clogging your applications. There'll still be just as many people you want to give a raid spot to.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-03-11 at 07:00 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Already exists for those that are smart enough.

RAF a 2nd account, learn to dual box. 30 days 300% xp for 5-10 bucks depending on how much the battle chest is on sale for. Add one month get 60 days 300% xp.

Easiest way to make a bunch of lvl 80 alts on a new realm to help get established.

1. Dummies =/= actual raid experience. Heroics =/= actual raid experience, learning a class/role along the way is the very reason why lower level dungeons are there in the first place. Skipping all of that very quickly doesn't teach you very much.
    If I know that fire on the ground is bad, I've watched videos about fire being bad, is it going to come as a surprise that fire is bad? If I've spent X hours going through my rotation on a dummy, I believe that it's safe to assume that I can resume that rotation on a boss. While skipping the beginning content surely isn't helping, it's not a guarantee that they can't pick up what they missed in a heroic.

2. I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to say here. You have 8+ level 85 characters? It doesn't really matter how many you have if the one in question doesn't have maxed professions, so I don't understand why you even mentioned your other toons. If you're saying that since you have all those other characters you don't need to max this character's profession, that's not true either, because many professions such as BS and Tailoring are character specific. Saying you don't need to farm the mats still isn't very valid either, because you STILL have or had to farm the mats, which still took you that much time...
    Here's what I was saying: I have eight characters that were level capped in Cata. I have never touched professions until I have hit level cap. To me, leveling has become a "how fast I can hit max" game, because I've done it 8+ times already. It was amazing to do it the first time, it was great the second...ninth? No thanks. After leveling, I go back to level professions when I'm bored / in queues / etc.

3. Subjective, as I mentioned in point 5. Everybody has a pace they learn at. Some faster/slower than others. Moot point.
    Yeah, it's moot, just as yours is. Not sure what there's to say here.

4. Subjective, what you or I view as good or bad players isn't everybody's opinion. The whole purpose of point 4 also has much to do with point 3. The less you know or can bring to a table, the less valuable you are. It doesn't matter what your opinion is, what matters is your value. And if enough people fit into point 3, that changes options many guilds have, and as I mentioned, if it happens enough, it could even carry over into normal raids. Heroic raids aren't what concerns me, it's the part about a large swathe of the community as a whole isn't ready to enter those raids, and some will be oblivious to that. This cuts down on available raiders, while this doesn't seem bad, consider that the normal progression of people getting into heroic raids are coming from normal, normal from LFR. If there is a flood of people not ready for even normal raids, this hurts more guilds than you might think.
    So, again, both of our opinions are subjective.

When I was in TBC, I went from Kara farming to BT. I was a Frost Mage. Obviously my case isn't the norm, but skill > being carried.

If we're just going to continue to argue about subjective points, there's no point in discussing further, as my opinions hold just as much weight as yours do. I'm still not convinced, however, that because a player has a +300% experience boost, they will unable to perform at a competent level.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It's not hard to get a log or a reference. Ask one of the raid's guildies to do an LFR with you for your trial. Bam, you have it.

Really, though;

1. Dead easy, who cares
    2. Don't need it to play, who cares
    3. Product of 1 and 2, who cares
    4. The absolute number of good raiders isn't going to go down. Proportionally they'll go down, but only because there's a million billion shit raiders clogging your applications. There'll still be just as many people you want to give a raid spot to.
    1. The way you're trying to point this out is subjective, and covered in my original point 5.
    2. It does if you want to get out of LFR. More people than you think.
    3. More people than you think.
    4. The absolute number of AVAILABLE raiders will indeed go down. Again its subjective what you or I think of a character's quality. They're not going to be seen as good or bad, they're going to be judged by armory and logs.
    5. Logs, maybe, but provide enough "fudged" logs and its going to be easy to catch. You still have the armory problem though.

1. The way you're trying to point this out is subjective, and covered in my original point 5.
    Yeah, it's subjective, but if I were to meet someone who actually thought that learning the ropes to raiding in WoW was difficult I'd really have to wonder if there was something broken upstairs.

2. It does if you want to get out of LFR. More people than you think.
    And this necessitates levelling your professions while levelling up... How? All of those people who want to get better professions for the sake of raiding take professions which develop through the AH. The only synergy between levelling and professions is gathering, and what kind of person seriously rocks up to a raid with a gathering profession in tow?

3. More people than you think.
    Explain this to me. You've literally just said "point 3 is that 1 and 2 are important".

4. The absolute number of AVAILABLE raiders will indeed go down. Again its subjective what you or I think of a character's quality. They're not going to be seen as good or bad, they're going to be judged by armory and logs.
    Why will the number of available raiders go down? Will they all be on the toilet or something? More players at level 90 = same number, or more, people wanting to experience raiding. Please lay out your reasoning. Explain it to me like I'm a five year old.

5. Logs, maybe, but provide enough "fudged" logs and its going to be easy to catch. You still have the armory problem though.
    It's pretty rough trying to fudge a log when the person you're trying to impress is right next to you.
    If using the armory is a means by which they get demonstrably better recruits than not, how is it a problem? It gets better raiders and it gives raiders an easy way to display the fact that they have more than two brain cells to rub together.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

300% paid XP boost?
    What the hell is with you? What are you paying for? Where did you get this bad habit of buying something in games for real life money?

Its a game. If there is something to buy in it, it should be CONTENT.

So if you want fast leveling, it should look like this: Separate, totally new, awesome leveling zone. Epic quest chains, new lore, new dungeon(s). And besides that leveling in such zone will be 3 times faster.

That might be worth 20 euro. Paying 20 euro for xp boost is ridiculous. Have some dignity. Demand content for your money.

You guys are so up in arms about this XP boost being paid to win ..lets talk about REAL pay to win services .... It's called faction and race change and people use it all the time ..the race change to take advantage of racial and and faction change to take advantage of being in the right guild or on the right arena team ....OHHHHH and what about the MOTHER of all pay to win services ...Guild transfers !!! Ohh your number 6 on your high pop horde realm ..well just transfer to a low pop realm ...BOOM ...realm first all day baby ....Come on people REALLY gonna get up in arms about xp boost ??

Let me ask you this do you really think the average wow player has limitless amounts of time to level up and gear up toons ?? I'll take my brother for example he can only play 2-3 hours every few days ...so what screw him ? He is still working on his 2nd 90 and has not even geared up the first because this game is such a huge grind fest ...sigh ....you people are a funny bunch not every has unlimited amounts of time .

Deleted
    I would support this.

and to traen: I can do whatever I want with my money.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, and I think it's sad that leveling is such an unfun part of the game that people are always trying to find ways to get around it.

I voted yes. But I would like an instant 85 to be "bought" instead of the experience boost. And I did say 85, cause even though leveling in Pandaria is a bit meh after you did it a couple of times - you still need to "learn" your class.

Still leveling in WoW isn't half as bad as in Diablo.... my god. Oh let's do that story again... and again...and again and oh wait... let's do it again...

isn't this called refer-a-friend?

I miss the option to pay for it with in-game currency.

They should bring this for alts... but nor for irl money.
    We went through the content once and with that we earned the right to do it faster for an alt, in my opinion.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    isn't this called refer-a-friend?
    No, it is not the same thing.
    This one is earned by leveling through the content yourself.. and not by bringing someone else into the game who will sub and pay Blizzard.
    There is quite a difference there.

As someone who had severe alt-itis at one time... YES, I would gladly pay ten bucks for an experience boost. 1-60 is easy enough but Outland through Cata can be a gigantic pain after your fifth time through.

The only issue I foresee with this system is that it might rush inexperienced players through content before they get a chance to learn their class, but to be fair this game has gotten so easy that someone should be able to learn to play even at a 300% boost. Perhaps only make it available to players who already have a 90?

Yep, don't enjoy levelling at all, probably the dullest aspect of any game I enjoy - in fact it definitely is.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I don't like it. Paying to cheese ingame mechanics is just wrong on the face of it, I don't care what sort of impact it has on me personally its the principle of the thing.

Also it will just encourage fotm re-rolls, a behavior we should discourage not make easier.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I would definitely NOT like it if that was purchasable. They already make it so easy for people to join through RaF or what have you and get to level 90 in a few days. At least then it narrows down the group a little. But I honestly just wish they didn't do any xp boosts! Let the players quest and enjoy the game the way it was built to be at first. I can't tell you how many noob level 90 players have asked in trade or guild chat the most simple questions like how to q for a bg or turn down the volume. They just simply don't have the experience because they just started playing and are far from being able to learn and get down hard raid boss mechanics. Just my two cents-

10+ Year Old Account
    No, definitely not.