Thread: Ban DPS Metres

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ban DPS Metres

I wish Blizz would ban dps metres, for a example i was a nearly level 90 pally not very good geared as i wanted to start dungeons to get gear to raid, so was happily going through temple of the jade serpant to get new gear and was kicked for having low dps i was below tank and druid dps if i recall, but here is my problem dont you have to gear to get better gear to higher your dps i have to say it put me off doing dungeons and just do scenerios now i never had this problem in tbc or lich king instances

This has been happening since the "vote kicking" became an option.

Its not the DPS meters fault.

Unfortunately you fell victim - best you can do is re-queue and get into a nicer group of people who understand. Or ask your guildies/friends to come along.

The meters are as good as people using them.

Many people using meters use them solely to improve themselves, testing better openers and different talents etc.

Surround yourself with not awful people, or use the meters how they were originally intended, bettering yourself so these people won't kick you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isn't the DPS meters, the problem is assholes.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

You just had some bad luck with some real dicks in reality. Sadly due to people being able to replace a dps so fast they can and at times will just drop you if your dps is below their expected 120k "because there is a really badly my in my raid group who is badly geared and does that".

Just stick through it. I mean when I started out with my new Paladin I bought lots of the pvp healing gear and got some gear by running as a tank in dps gear.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    I'm not really sure how this went down, but if you were one of the people in dungeons doing 15k dps, then I totally understand why you got kicked and I would have voted yes too. People were doing 15k DPS two expansions ago... I don't expect people to come in there in quest greens and do 90k or something, but at least pull your weight instead of having 4 others just boosting you.

You should make an effort to play better.
    I have never heard of anyone who plays at least decently for their gear getting kicked in a dungeon or LFR.

And yes, its perfectly possible to get 40k dps, at least on bosses, on a fresh 90 that's barely able to queue for heroics.

Taking DPS meters out would also require taking the combat logs out, since people would still parse those for data. Taking DPS meters out of the game would also make it a bit more difficult to tell why you're wiping in a raid, and if its from low DPS, it would be difficult to tell who's fucking up.

Bad idea all around mate.

DPS meter is a great tool for analysing and improving your performance in the raidgroup.
    I leveled many alts and do not remember when I was kicked for low dps while gearing, so you have really bad luck or your performance was really bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    DPS meter is a great tool for analysing and improving your performance in the raidgroup.
    I leveled many alts and do not remember when I was kicked for low dps while gearing, so you have really bad luck or your performance was really bad.
    How can someone improve there performance if they cant do something due to people sidelining them because they underperform ? , some people take longer to learn / adjust whatever, only an immature person would berate someone for this.

my favourite when someone starts moaning about a DPS/Tank or healer is to glance through the other options with recount and link something they fucked up i.e low healing / too much damage or standing in fire whatever (only the top % do everything without slacking a little) this usually makes them shut up.

You sadly fell victim to asshat elitists who dont realise your doing exactly what you should be doing

Which is running dungeons to gear up

Though your gear maybe subpar is it possible you could not be doing your rotation right?

Anyway just stick at it and you will be geared up in no time

I only like dps meters in raids, that way I know if I'm keeping up to the par set by everyone else, I dont stare at them longingly. Unfortunately some asses are like that. ah well. Dust yourself off and move on.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    How can someone improve there performance if they cant do something due to people sidelining them because they underperform ? , some people take longer to learn / adjust whatever, only an immature person would berate someone for this.
    Training dummies.

It doesn't take all that long to learn a PvE rotation. On PTR, I can completely gear up and learn a new class well enough to pull competitive DPS in under an hour.

You haven't provided key info: how much were you behind them? if they did 40k and you did 35k and you got kicked, they were elitist jerks. Queue again. If they did 40k and you did 8k, the kick was well deserved. Try and read about your class, 8k isn't a gear issue.
    Calling for a ban on meters is like calling for a ban on marathon stopwatches.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2013-03-10 at 07:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpioz View Post
    I wish Blizz would ban dps metres, for a example i was a nearly level 90 pally not very good geared as i wanted to start dungeons to get gear to raid, so was happily going through temple of the jade serpant to get new gear and was kicked for having low dps i was below tank and druid dps if i recall, but here is my problem dont you have to gear to get better gear to higher your dps i have to say it put me off doing dungeons and just do scenerios now i never had this problem in tbc or lich king instances
    How about no? Dps meters are fine it is the players that are at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The problem isn't the DPS meters, the problem is assholes.
    And I'll add that the best defense against assholes is doing some research on your class. Read guides, ask questions, and practice a bit on dummies.

As long as there are combat logs, there will be meters. They are here to stay, so the best thing is to adapt to that reality.

Problem isn't DPS meters but people. I remember back in WotLK when hunters were strong I ran a dungeon and someone wanted to kick the hunter because his DPS was too low when in fact he did most DPS and did about 40% of all damage. But the one who wanted to kick the hunter said that he knows hunters in worse gear that are doing more DPS and he doesn't want to waste time because of low DPS. We kicked that person instead and put him on ignore but there are these kind of persons that are just crazy.

DPS meters are a great tool to improve yourself and the MoP beta has shown (in the first few weeks add-ons weren't allowed) that people will find ways how to calculate DPS of yourself or someone from the group.

15+ Year Old Account
    LFD kick tool is there for a reason. If it really was the case that you were trying but just incapable of performing up to the group's expectations, then yeah they're a little mean for kicking you. But at the same time, every time you join a dungeon, you're entering a contract with your end, as a DPS, being dealing damage. They're within their rights to say 'this person is not carrying their weight, we're going to try to replace with someone who can'.

I know, dungeons are easy, they could 4man it just fine. But you're the one that's being 'mean' to complain that they must. If your DPS is subpar (and by par I mean, what would clear the place, not clear the place in record time), be thankful for the random people that don't mind carrying you until you get geared, not looking for something to blame for the times that you do get kicked.

Personally, I almost never vote to kick anyone that's not AFK in a dungeon, and I'll try to go against someone else's kick more often than not. LFR is a different story. If you're only doing 1/2 or even 1/4 of my DPS, that's fine. If you're doing 1/10th (and lots of people do 15k or less in LFR, somehow), and we wipe to something, I'm going to try to get you kicked. Dungeon/Raid finder is not a guaranteed ticket to be carried.

Got to think of your plans applied universally. If everyone does 10k, and no one can even tell, how well does the dungeon go?

Deleted
    Play a game that doesn't support DPS meters and you'll see how that changes the whole feel of group content. When something goes wrong, people don't blame the DPS. They focus on the real problems, which in most situations are things like coordination, bad planning etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    You should make an effort to play better.
    I have never heard of anyone who plays at least decently for their gear getting kicked in a dungeon or LFR.

And yes, its perfectly possible to get 40k dps, at least on bosses, on a fresh 90 that's barely able to queue for heroics.
    You must have missed the part where he said he was "nearly" 90. Really though, you sound like a solid fellow, original poster, who is willing to learn. Like the others above me cleared out, you probably fell victim to the scum of WoW. People like those in LFR would go out of their way to not explain tactics to possible newcomers only so they can call em out n kick em after they fail. Trigger-happy is one word. Don't give up on dungeons those scum are a minority.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.