should elder charms be account wide now?

I just woke up, so i may not be thinking werry clear atm, but just thought about this.

i know you can gear up fast enough through 5.0 raidfinders now, but since you can no longer get elder charms from lesser charms, and you get a lot more charms than you actually need on your main, would it be a good idea to make them account wide so they are not just wasted?

I mean, since 5.2 hit, i've gotten 20 elder charms on my hunter that i can't use for anything, while i got 3 other bad geared lvl 90's, that i could use them on.

i can get through the single man scenario without buying any of the "buffs" for elder charms, without any trouble, so basicly they are close to useless atm, only time i would ever need to use them is 2 times a week trying to get a mount from galleon or sha of anger.

other than that, i see no use from them other than gearing up alts, who got a hard time getting them without gear, and then the problem comes again, once you have gear they are next to useless now.

again, just comment if it is a bad idea to make them account-wide, since i don't really know myself

It takes like 20 minutes to get ~12+ elder charms for an alt so...I don't really see the point. I wouldn't mind a way though to exchange them for gold without having to go lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    i can get through the single man scenario without buying any of the "buffs" for elder charms, without any trouble, so basicly they are close to useless atm
    Getting through doesn't mean looting all the chests in the first room, to complete the scenario you need the key from the vendor which requires exalted with your faction.

Basically just add ways to use them for other things, whether it be a conversion for Valor/Conquest, or something that we can spend them on.
    Old tier coins being account wide would also be good imo
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Getting through doesn't mean looting all the chests in the first room, to complete the scenario you need the key from the vendor which requires exalted with your faction.
    Um no you don't, the scenario is 'beatable' without the key (IE. killing the boss at the end however in my experience actually finishing it results in lower loot though you do get achievement credit).

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    It takes like 20 minutes to get ~12+ elder charms for an alt so...I don't really see the point. I wouldn't mind a way though to exchange them for gold without having to go lfr.
    i would like to know how you get 12 elder charms in 20 minutes on an ilvl 460 alt?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Um no you don't, the scenario is 'beatable' without the key (IE. killing the boss at the end however in my experience actually finishing it results in lower loot though you do get achievement credit).
    When I used the key I couldnt get past the first door because it required the key I didn't have access to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    When I used the key I couldnt get past the first door because it required the key I didn't have access to.
    There is a lever, you can pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    i would like to know how you get 12 elder charms in 20 minutes on an ilvl 460 alt?
    You log in, kill some rares, loot key, do the scenario for free coins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebleCow View Post
    You log in, kill some rares, loot key, do the scenario for free coins.
    coming from someone who has close to 20+ rare kills and no key, I'd like to say, its not that easy.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

It was pretty easy for me. I have done Lei Shen's Palace 6 times now with 5 different characters. I just parked them at one of the rare spawns and surfed the internet until it popped and usually got the key on my first try.

Yeah, I have three toons that I care about getting charms on, and I killed one rare each and got a key on each. Ran the treasure scenario, and managed 6, 9, 11 (rogues specced into burst of speed are imba!) charms on each different run. That being said, while it's easy enough to get charms, I am all for more things being accountwide, just to incentivize me playing some more of my alts. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. I wouldn't worry about the charms, really. Would rather have the Spirits of Harmony to be BoA, I am starting to have a too big storage of them, and I don't like to use them on stuff that isn't of interest either. Would rather use it for plans for my proffessions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't think it would be a bad idea, but if you would like them, the quickest way to do it is just to get a key for Trove, as others have said. On my realm anyways, people are nice enough to call out rare spawns so if you're willing to chill and do dailies on the island and kill rares, you'll get a key before long, and you don't have to have amazing shit. My main is 503 and I killed the boss and got about 5 gold chests and my crappy 440 alt that only opened one gold chest and a bunch of crappy ones made out with more stuff than my main did...I got 2 keys for the chests at the end, 12 or 13 elder charms, about the same gold as my main did, while dying twice cause I was a baddie and just messing around as I wasn't trying to get to the end.