1. #1

    Challenge Mode comp

    So we've just begun on CMs and we've gotten silver in all of them and gold in scarlet halls. Our makeup consists of an spriest, frost mage, lock, dk tank(me), and MW monk. I think it's going to be really, really difficult to get 9 golds with our group. I feel like our damage is a bit on the low end on trash and I'm worried about pulling too quickly for my healer since they're a channel healer that uses a stationary statue. We could certainly play better, communicate better, and move a tad bit faster but I figured I'd ask before we really delve into it. Any input on getting golds with this comp?

  2. #2
    Your comp is fine, perhaps a shammy or something in place of the priest, they were already good for CM's but I believe they got a buff to chain lightning.

    We were in the same boat as you, all silvers and stepped up to golds, its mainly a matter of having the will to do it, I get that it doesn't come easy to us all.

  3. #3
    Any comp is fine for just getting golds. Pulling trash fast isn't an issue as you should open with a warlock and deathknight stun. Stunning trash and good cooldown use is crucial for surviving big packs.

  4. #4
    I have been trying for some time to get a challenge mode team on my enhancement shaman, are there any good combos with enhancement shammys? because no one are willing to take me, so now i have started gearing my resto spec because i really want the gear..

  5. #5
    You have full rdps group with two overpowered dps (frost mage and lock), overpowered tank for challenge modes and a good healer. Your comp is not holding you back for sure. It's only about doing things faster and utilizing good strategies. A full melee comp without dk or monk tank and without a heroism would be something that can hold you back and even that is possible for golds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mibsen View Post
    I have been trying for some time to get a challenge mode team on my enhancement shaman, are there any good combos with enhancement shammys? because no one are willing to take me, so now i have started gearing my resto spec because i really want the gear..
    Enhancement shaman is a good provider of some buffs and heroism. I see no reason not to take one to provide heroism for a group of friends. What makes you less attractive for PuGs is the fact that elemental shaman is just so much better with insane chain lightning aoe dps and burst damage, and not being melee is a big advantage because most challenge mode mechanics are just so melee hating. I would suffest going ele for challenges instead of resto. Beign the healer is actually a hard spot in challenge modes.
    Last edited by Johnmatrix; 2013-03-10 at 07:39 PM.

  6. #6
    my comp is
    dk tank (me)
    frost mage
    lock demo
    hunter surv
    priest disci

    our dps is about ~60-70K for every dps (full run skada report), me ~50, disci priest is ~30k
    we are actually 6/9, tomorrow it's time for the brewery >_>, the only one i worry about, niuzao and mogu are trivial.

    Ranged team makes things easier, but depends on how smart are your melee dps.

    GL!

  7. #7
    The Patient Tenaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    237
    I've been running golds with me as Shadowpriest, a feral druid dps, a warr dps, monk tank and paladin healer.
    It's been a weird setup and I'm sure it would've been easier with another setup (ie did Niuzau randomly with a mage and hunter instead of feral and warr and getting gold there seemed a lot easier) but you can make random comps work if the people you play with are clever enough. To us it was more about having fun anyway.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Campa View Post
    my comp is
    dk tank (me)
    frost mage
    lock demo
    hunter surv
    priest disci

    our dps is about ~60-70K for every dps (full run skada report), me ~50, disci priest is ~30k
    we are actually 6/9, tomorrow it's time for the brewery >_>, the only one i worry about, niuzao and mogu are trivial.

    Ranged team makes things easier, but depends on how smart are your melee dps.

    GL!
    trust me, mogu'shan palace is not trivial. the only speed boost you have that is group wide in your team is aspect, and you can barely make it with that (the invis pot run to 2nd boss), and then if someone fails you need to wait 10 mins for potion cooldown.

    If anything, brewery is trivial with a dk tank :>

  9. #9
    yep the only thing i worry about mogushan is to jump right from the balcony to the second boss, maybe some one can fail there, but the instance is by far easier then sm.
    Brewery is trivial once you learn how to pull and kite... last boss btw is a nightmare.


    p.s. and stop call it heroism, it is BLOODLUST, heroism is just a copy -.-'

  10. #10
    I really don't know why people insist on making that jump before the pot runs out, if you're struggling you should be able to stop CC the adds then make the jump.

    Also, why a DK tank for brewery? 2nd wave before the last boss? There's a pillar in the room you can use to LoS them, or go outside the door. I'd argue a good monk (ignoring their DPS and speed benefits) are better, if you do the suicide pull at the start (everything up to and including 40+ mobs before the boss) they can easily kite those mobs without any major issues with applying slows or aggro.
    Only make passive aggressive posts when it doesn't make you look like a dumbass.

    Flawless - Cats on Ice. Raiding twice a week. Go casual or go home.

  11. #11
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    I really don't know why people insist on making that jump before the pot runs out, if you're struggling you should be able to stop CC the adds then make the jump.

    Also, why a DK tank for brewery? 2nd wave before the last boss? There's a pillar in the room you can use to LoS them, or go outside the door. I'd argue a good monk (ignoring their DPS and speed benefits) are better, if you do the suicide pull at the start (everything up to and including 40+ mobs before the boss) they can easily kite those mobs without any major issues with applying slows or aggro.
    He's the DK tank? So that's why I guess. You also can't pull those adds from what I saw when I did it, plus the Stun is much better. We LoS my stun then solar beam = dead. for OP, the brewery will probably be the hardest one you do (i'm a dk also!), the biggest problem I found with the kiting is that the walls have a knockback effect (the guards at the back) and its quite large so that can really screw you up. Your group comp is fine, the more ranged the better plus you have stuns on the lock and roots on the mage. All useful.

  12. #12
    mogu one shot.
    brewery 3 try.

    9/9!!!
    Epic set, epic team!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •