Low FPS in WoW on decent PC.

I'm puzzled as to how this system:

i7 920
    AMD 6950
    12gb ddr 3
    1000w power supply
    win 8 64

Can not chew and spit out wow on ultra in any setting without dropping fps(as it used to do).

i.e even in ogr by the training dummies with no one around I get:
    Ultra: 44-46
    High: 71-72

As you can imagine it droops allot more in the raids then, it did't used to do that.

My bios is uptodate
    My gfx drivers are uptodate
    Direct x is uptodate
    Tried without any addons enabled, same fps(in ogr)
    Catalyst center is set on "use application settings".

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it makes no sense to me.

Try overclocking the CPU.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    lol for I7... ne need , i have I3 and i play wow on ultra an i have 80+fps in AV ( 40 man raid ) and in any 25 raid.

tri to make som change on addons ( a lot fo them have conflict )
    and ( what happen to me ) my pc but with an old monitor have big problem on fps, when iv take an led 24'' wide it get to ^^
    or it is form win8.... and i have a lot of problem with that system ( i realy hate it, its still full of bugs ).
    Last edited by mosu332; 2013-03-10 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosu332 View Post
    lol for I7... ne need , i have I3 and i play wow on ultra an i have 80+fps in AV ( 40 man raid ) and in any 25 raid.

tri to make som change on addons ( a lot fo them have conflict )
    and ( what happen to me ) my pc but with an old monitor have big problem on fps, when iv take an led 24'' wide it get to ^^
    or it is form win8.... and i have a lot of problem with that system ( i realy hate it, its still full of bugs ).
    I think you lost credibility when you said 80+ FPS on ultra in 25 man raids, unless you have some settings turned down, I highly doubt you do get that FPS in a raid consistently. As above stated overclocking the CPU will always gain you some extra FPS with the intel chips in WoW.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

My initial thought when I read it was" oh forgot to tell I had it OC'd to 4,0 or 4,1"*goes to check* Overclocking was gone....

But it solved it as it's back to normal now with OC back in place, so in a sense, you solved my problem, thank you

Thats what I would do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosu332 View Post
    You are aware that wow only really fully uses two cores (+ some minor side threads), so the difference between an i3 and an i7 is actually fairly small. Also he has a first gen i7, which only runs at 2.66GHz and as a less efficient architecture than Sandy or Ivy Bridge. So if you have maybe an i3-2320 (3.3GHz Sandy Bridge), your cpu will be faster in wow the the i7-920.

@OP:
    When did you "lose" those fps? Just suddenly, or in combination with changes:
    - new wow patch
    - new addons
    - driver update
    - hardware changes

The fps numbers you listed are actually not that bad. WoW on full ultra (with max shadows) will kill any system. And even if you are in OG with no one directly near you, there is still a lot of rendering to be done.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet