Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,775
    Interrupt hack been working since 5.1 from what I can tell, perhaps from 5.0 and it still ain't fixed. If I was allowed to, I could even tell you the name of it, but I'm sure google knows the answer

    Although another possibility is that the mage saw you running at him and just wanted to blanket you and it landed at the same moment you tried to cast a spell. Has happened to me multiple times as well and there's nothing wrong with that.

  2. #382
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Interrupt hack been working since 5.1 from what I can tell, perhaps from 5.0 and it still ain't fixed. If I was allowed to, I could even tell you the name of it, but I'm sure google knows the answer

    Although another possibility is that the mage saw you running at him and just wanted to blanket you and it landed at the same moment you tried to cast a spell. Has happened to me multiple times as well and there's nothing wrong with that.
    happens loads though, earlier in AV it was around a corner, by the stormpike graveyard theres that hill you can cast though, i was one side, he was the other fighting 2 melees, i start to cast and straight away, bam wind shock! i would be surprised if he even saw me.

    but yeah i done some googling and its still around which is sad, its really annoying. its not hard to tell the difference between someone using a mouse over macro and someone with the hack
    dragonmaw - EU

  3. #383
    Hey niberion, is pvp resilience still in the same place in stat priority?

  4. #384
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,905
    lol, temple as destro is hilarious, 300k chaosbolts everywhere!
    dragonmaw - EU

  5. #385
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    Hey niberion, is pvp resilience still in the same place in stat priority?
    No, I posted priorities a few pages back I believe, still got to update the main post. I'm rather busy + lazy so it will happen some time I guess.
    As for priorities, it should be:
    spellhit > mastery > int > resilience > PvP power > crit > haste for destro
    spellhit > mastery > int > resilience > PvP power > haste > crit for affly
    spellhit > int > mastery > resilience > PvP power > haste > crit for demo (not 100% sure about this one though)

  6. #386
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,545
    Yesterday we made a joke how every team above 1.7k MMR has a hunter. Guess what happened?

    So, anyone with a good advice how to counter Htard/melee cleaves and thugcleave openers?

  7. #387
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    No, I posted priorities a few pages back I believe, still got to update the main post. I'm rather busy + lazy so it will happen some time I guess.
    As for priorities, it should be:
    spellhit > mastery > int > resilience > PvP power > crit > haste for destro
    spellhit > mastery > int > resilience > PvP power > haste > crit for affly
    spellhit > int > mastery > resilience > PvP power > haste > crit for demo (not 100% sure about this one though)
    for Destro, is res and pvp power really better than crit after the nerfs?
    dragonmaw - EU

  8. #388
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    for Destro, is res and pvp power really better than crit after the nerfs?
    Res is almost as strong as int, within 5%. PvP Power is also still in an "okey" spot, but in general you shouldn't be worrying about it at all.
    The main deal with PvP Power is that gems only give 160/80 power compared to 320/160 you get from other stats, which makes the stat look a lot weaker than it really is.

    One note on priorities 1 mastery > 0.5 int.

  9. #389
    Why are people complaining about Destro?

    Destro is fine.

    My chaos bolt still hits about ~90k and 100-110k with cooldowns pressed.

  10. #390
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,971
    A 3-sec cast that screams "INTERRUPT ME, YOU MORONS!" with that kind of damage is not what I would call "fine". And meanwhile frost DKs continue to blast people with instant 120k-Obliterates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  11. #391
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    A 3-sec cast that screams "INTERRUPT ME, YOU MORONS!" with that kind of damage is not what I would call "fine". And meanwhile frost DKs continue to blast people with instant 120k-Obliterates.
    yeah most classes can easily interupt/avoid chaos bolt, but its funny in BGs to just hang back and turret people.

    though on some people my chaos bolt is hitting like 50k and then my incinerate crits 45k with half the cast time! why do i even bother!
    dragonmaw - EU

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    yeah most classes can easily interupt/avoid chaos bolt, but its funny in BGs to just hang back and turret people.

    though on some people my chaos bolt is hitting like 50k and then my incinerate crits 45k with half the cast time! why do i even bother!

    If you chaos bolt hits for 50k, then you must have either low gear ilvl or you are not stacking mastery.

    My chaos bolt hits for lowest 89k. Highest with cooldowns used 110k.

    And if you have backdraft charges, it shortens the cast time.

    Also, if you use unending resolve while casting CB it cant be interrupted.

  13. #393
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    If you chaos bolt hits for 50k, then you must have either low gear ilvl or you are not stacking mastery.

    My chaos bolt hits for lowest 89k. Highest with cooldowns used 110k.

    And if you have backdraft charges, it shortens the cast time.

    Also, if you use unending resolve while casting CB it cant be interrupted.
    i said agasinst some people, i don't know why just sometimes its hitting low, like 40-50k, not really sure why.

    my average hit with it is like 72k or so, in full malevolent gear atm
    dragonmaw - EU

  14. #394
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Completely ignoring UVoLS (I still have to test it, but I assume it's extremely powerful for destro right now), I'd say that Static Caster's Medallion is BiS for the main reason that it has a very strong on-use, followed by upgraded Relic of Yu'lon.
    The other PvE trinkets work as well, but the ToT trinkets are real PPM trinkets, meaning they are rather unreliable.

    I'll also try to update the guide in one of the following days. Been really busy with stuff so haven't had the time for it >.>
    [Affliction]

    A while back, I had asked this question.

    Now that I've maxed out my honor gear, I'm moving onto Arena.

    It would seem that 2/2 Static Caster's Medallion is still #1. (745 haste / 496 mastery / Use: 4135 int for 15 sec.)

    However, it seems to me that Tyrannical Gladiator's Insignia of Dominance (1515 pvp power / Equip Chance: 4066 SP for 20 sec.)
    would beat out 2/2 Relic of "Yu'lon (1029 int / Equip Chance: 3261 int for 15 sec.)
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-06-09 at 05:02 AM.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    If you chaos bolt hits for 50k, then you must have either low gear ilvl or you are not stacking mastery.

    My chaos bolt hits for lowest 89k. Highest with cooldowns used 110k.

    And if you have backdraft charges, it shortens the cast time.

    Also, if you use unending resolve while casting CB it cant be interrupted.
    So i am gonna use my 3min strongest defensive cd so my chaos bolt wont get interrupted. Awesome. Destro is by far not fine. they need to tune a bit the playstyle. I made several propositions through the forums here and there but i think noone really cares this far into the expansion so not expecting much.

  16. #396
    Dreadlord Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Raven Hill, Duskwood
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloui View Post
    So i am gonna use my 3min strongest defensive cd so my chaos bolt wont get interrupted. Awesome. Destro is by far not fine. they need to tune a bit the playstyle. I made several propositions through the forums here and there but i think noone really cares this far into the expansion so not expecting much.
    Actually even before this nerf you would used Unending Resolve to:

    1. Using it as a defensive (As you have done)
    2. Using it as an offensive CD with Darksoul, combining them meant only CCs could stop you. It is common practice to do this, especially when you know they can't stop you besides interrupting you. Before and after the patch warlocks do this, especially in arena.


    I will only agree with you that destruction needs to be changed, a conflagrate seems to hit as hard as Chaos Bolt. At least they could make it so Chaos Bolt always adds a Dot on the target regardless of Sacrifice. If you spec into Sacrifice it just strengthens the DoT by 25% or so. It wouldn't FIX the problem but it would be better than what we have now.

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    [Affliction]

    A while back, I had asked this question.

    Now that I've maxed out my honor gear, I'm moving onto Arena.

    It would seem that 2/2 Static Caster's Medallion is still #1. (745 haste / 496 mastery / Use: 4135 int for 15 sec.)

    However, it seems to me that Tyrannical Gladiator's Insignia of Dominance (1515 pvp power / Equip Chance: 4066 SP for 20 sec.)
    would beat out 2/2 Relic of "Yu'lon (1029 int / Equip Chance: 3261 int for 15 sec.)
    Just curious why would you upgrade the medallion? Just for world pvp? Also did you factor in the icd of both relic and tyranical proc?
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-06-11 at 10:50 PM.

  18. #398
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Just curious why would you upgrade the medallion? Just for world pvp? Also did you factor in the icd of both relic and tyranical proc?
    To answer your first question, I've only been pvp'ing for a few months now. It was upgraded from PvE. But you are right, there is technically no point if you're purchasing it FOR pvp. I shouldn't have typed in its upgraded stats. That being said, even as 0/2 it still gives 3838 int on a Use, which is just killer. Nothing PvE or PvP comes close.

    For your second question:

    The ICD of the Tyrannical is 45 seconds. The ICD of the Yu'lon is 50 seconds.

    The proc rate of the Tyrannical is 25%. The proc rate of Yu'lon is 20%.

    The Tyrannical lasts for 20 seconds. Yu'lon lasts for 15 seconds.

    I suck at that type of math equation, but everything is in favor of the Tyrannical vs. Yu'lon without math.

    Yu'lon beats the honor version... or its at least damn close, but the conquest version is better.
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-06-12 at 06:14 AM.

  19. #399
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,545
    5.4 anyone?

    guess its KJC/armor nerf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> howl baseline

    pretty bad

  20. #400
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    5.4 anyone?

    guess its KJC/armor nerf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> howl baseline

    pretty bad
    I have been playing a warlock since beta so I've seen ALL the changes to warlocks over the years. This one is pretty damn clueless. Did they even pay attention to how its going to effect pvp for affliction especially?

    It seems obvious to me that Blizzard doesn't care for KJC and I suspect if they went back in time, they probably wouldn't have implemented it. That's alright with me. Its their game.

    However, especially in pvp, our current state will get crushed without it.

    1. Dots don't hit hard enough without MG to damage people. We all know that. There are quite a few situations I've been in where I can't win unless I keep MG up all the time. Having to stand still with a giant beam pointing to me in order to do damage without EVER moving is very hurtful.

    Then, when a melee starts face-punching me, how am I supposed to make a gap AND hurt them when I have to stop and channel to do any damage?

    Its not like we're getting more survivability... oh wait... its the opposite. +10% damage to us in this patch too! WEEEEEEEEE!

    2. If I can't channel MG AND run all the time, I will lose to EVERY SINGLE Pillar-humping healer in arena. Affliction warlocks already have a hard enough time with healers. How am I supposed to kill someone when my dots don't hurt them enough AND they keep running around a pillar LoSing me? I don't think I'll be able to. I currently put on burning rush if they move fast or CoEX them and keep on their ass until they die or move out into the open. Now, I HAVE to stop every time to damage them... after 1 second, they'll be around the corner again...

    3. I do not need or want another button to press. Affliction warlocks have an absurd amount of buttons to press. Do I have room for 1 more? Probably... but my fingers have already invented several new knots by playing Aff.

    4. Fel flame is basically all we can do when moving... and it RESETS the only thing that makes my dots hit harder... the second I press fel flame, my dots go down in damage.

    And there's quite a few reasons people have touched upon so I wont go into them.

    So what should we do?

    Well, if Blizzard doesn't care for KJC... if its too unbalanced and overpowered to everyone... then just pull the talent and replace it with something else.

    Re-balance the entire class with an emphasis on affliction adjustment so it isn't really weak when moving.

    Problem solved.

    Do I know specifically how to do that?

    Maybe change MG to put a debuff on an enemy for XX seconds that increases dot damage?
    Maybe delete MG and re-insert Shadowbolt spam? (lul)
    Maybe merge Drain Life and Maelific grasp?

    I'm not sure without some hard thinking.

    But that is Blizzard's job. If that is way too hard, they probably shouldn't be adjusting a lvl 90 talent THAT severely in the MIDDLE of an expansion with no revisions to anything else in the class.

    The truth is, they've made quite a few nerfs to us BECAUSE of KJC and now they're going to nerf KJC into the ground WITHOUT restoring the previous damage that they TOOK from us. Its going to leave us in a miserable state at best if things go live as-is.

    BUT it is very early on PTR so anything can happen... we'll see. O_o
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-06-12 at 09:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •