Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamboatrock View Post
    First, I don't have a lot of playtime on warlocks. But I recently switched to lock after getting full malv sets on Priest/Monk in Season 12.

My fledgling warlock with GrimSac/Soul Link has 470k hp before I even have a full PVP set, and you all know the range of survivability cooldowns that we have.

With all that survivability, I've still got shadowfury, blood horror, fear, spell lock. And as destro it's not like I'm having trouble killing people. God forbid I have 4 embers when my enemy goes down to execute range.

So my question is, once I have more warlock experience what am I going to learn is our weakness and our counter? Why aren't people up in arms that I can cycle through dark regen, healthstone, ember tap, void shield, and unending resolve all while having +20% HP...but can still burst with a well timed fear/CB+shadowburn or some conflags?
    You should be very gratefull this isn't arena junkies. They would laugh SO HARD that you would feel embarassed, and never post again.

Just some things i could tell about:
    grimSac + soul Link is awfull on rated pvp, compared to our other options.
    Our DoT's ticks for 2~5k buffed, http://i.imgur.com/YgUFSXx.jpg .

What you're going to learn is that altough it seems good on paper, we are well under SP's, warriors, DK's, Mages and Rogues, if not everyone else.
    And if you think they're gonna let you do something like a well timed CB+shadowburn on 2200+, you're counting too much on luck.

Having more health doesn't mean it's more EFFECTIVE health, in pvp you're loosing dark bargain or sac pac plus a pet with extra utility which is kind of a big deal after grimoire sac nerfs. I'd go on and on but I suspect this thread isn't very serious.

Deleted
    So I tried Affliction in Arena, today and it seems the Corruption nerf hit Affli very hard, with it hitting roughly 2 k per tick.. So to clarify Affli is wel lcan be one of the weakest casters atm evne all lock specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboatrock View Post
    First, I don't have a lot of playtime on warlocks. But I recently switched to lock after getting full malv sets on Priest/Monk in Season 12.

My fledgling warlock with GrimSac/Soul Link has 470k hp before I even have a full PVP set, and you all know the range of survivability cooldowns that we have.

With all that survivability, I've still got shadowfury, blood horror, fear, spell lock. And as destro it's not like I'm having trouble killing people. God forbid I have 4 embers when my enemy goes down to execute range.

So my question is, once I have more warlock experience what am I going to learn is our weakness and our counter? Why aren't people up in arms that I can cycle through dark regen, healthstone, ember tap, void shield, and unending resolve all while having +20% HP...but can still burst with a well timed fear/CB+shadowburn or some conflags?

i actually made an account here just to laugh at this post, warlocks are easily one of the worst pvp classes in the game atm.

at no point in this xpac have warlocks been broken in pvp other than demo every 2mins with a skill that was easily avoided, also you took the wrong talents, even with 470k hp you'd last about 10-11 seconds vs a dk warrior or any other class.

Infracted. Keep your posts civil and constructive
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-14 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Profession section is completed and Resources Section will be done in a few minutes.

So I tried Affliction in Arena, today and it seems the Corruption nerf hit Affli very hard, with it hitting roughly 2 k per tick.. So to clarify Affli is wel lcan be one of the weakest casters atm evne all lock specs.
    Corruption is indeed hitting like a wet noodle right now. I really hope blizzard will revert this nerf.

edit: Done with resources section. Unless my girlfriend decides to bother me tomorow, I can finally get that spell section done
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-14 at 08:28 PM.

Getting a killingblow with Shadowburn will generate 2 Burning Embers.
    Getting a kill within 5 seconds of using Shadowburn will generate 1 Burning Ember.
    Actually, since the hotfix last week it doesn't matter whether you get the killing blow or not. As long as the target dies within 5 seconds, you get both embers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Actually, since the hotfix last week it doesn't matter whether you get the killing blow or not. As long as the target dies within 5 seconds, you get both embers.
    Thank you for noticing that, I completely forgot about the hotfix

Sorry for a noob question, but is destro viable in rbg:s or just gimped compared to affli and demo?

Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    Sorry for a noob question, but is destro viable in rbg:s or just gimped compared to affli and demo?
    Destro is fine in RBG.

Am I doing something wrong? Demo still feels weak to me. Thinking of just going back Destro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnawty View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? Demo still feels weak to me. Thinking of just going back Destro
    Demonology is rather weak outside the burst phase, and the recent nerfs didn't help either.
    I'm about to start on the demonology spells, when i'm done you can check if you did anything wrong
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-15 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Nether Tempest mages are the new Affliction Locks unforunately.
    I thought shadow priests were the new affliction warlocks
    Nonetheless, I have to agree that affliction feels really weak right now compared to any other dotclass :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Will you be going into any details on specific tactics etc for the different specs? I'm quite new to having a lock at high, end and am tempted to try my hand at the pee vee pee once I hit 90 =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Will you be going into any details on specific tactics etc for the different specs? I'm quite new to having a lock at high, end and am tempted to try my hand at the pee vee pee once I hit 90 =)
    I try to keep the stuff as easy as possible so someone that's completely new can get started. Maybe later I can include more advanced tactics, but for now I first want to get all the basic stuff done. If i have to go in detail for everything, this guide will simply be too long and too complex, and therefore a reason why it's mainly basic stuff with a short straight to the point explanation.

10+ Year Old Account

Best spec to beat Melees/Warriors?

I recently just got back to WoW and been trying out my Lock for a bit. I've found Destro to be pretty enjoyable for PvE, but for PvP I seem to be getting my ass handed to me by the melees (mainly DKs, Rogues and especially Warriors).

Note that I don't arena, this is just from BGs, and most the time I don't have my demonic gateway/portal set up, so my mobility is limited.

This is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llkrieg/simple

Ignore the ungemmed PvE gear, my PvP gear isn't better though, it's pretty much just unenchanted/gemmed contender and 2 pieces of malevolent.

I know I'm supposed to gem/enchant, etc, but right now I want to build up my skill level and don't care much about my character's power. I want to make sure I have my rotations and glyphs/talents right to work with.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the melees on the lock? What's the best spec?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Demonology is rather weak outside the burst phase, and the recent nerfs didn't help either.
    I'm about to start on the demonology spells, when i'm done you can check if you did anything wrong
    Yea I noticed this. And even in burst phase my Demonic slash spam was hitting for only about 40-60k per hit which just felt weak with the amount of ramp up time it required to generate a good burn. I'm most likely going to switch back to Destro, Demo is fun and all but pet management can be a pain and hellfire not interupting flag caps is stupid.

one thing to mention about KJC, since you can no longer cancel a cast by moving your character its very beneficial to have a stopcasting macro somewhere if you choose this talent. Otherwise it makes it very hard to juke interrupts if you take KJC

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

Any suggestions on how to deal with the melees on the lock? What's the best spec?
    Use teleport to get away from them, use blood horror on cd, use Mortal Coil quick for the 15% self heal. Use GoSac, sac your voidwalker, macro Command Demon (which then is Shadow Bulwark) to SacPact and have a shield for almost 500k, use Dark regeneration macro'd with a glyphed healthstone for insane selfhealing and use Unending Resolve and cast Fear right at the end . In between you can also use Drain life.
    If you do this in the right order you can chain these by cooldown. If you go Destro you can also use Ember tap for even more selfhealing.

This gives you more then enough defensives to deal with a melee. Have fun.
    Dont forget to also use Twilight Ward when facing a DK or a Ret Pally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't decide whether to go with engineering + BS so KJ's cunning doesn't slow me down as much or BS+JC for super int+power gems.

I'm destro