Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Speculation on 5.3

I heared from someone that affli dmg will be buffed in 5.3 pvp wise. Is this true? And anybody know smth about it?

GC tweeted he wanted to buff PvP damage for affli without buffing pve.
    here's the tweet i found; https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...23652402020352

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    GC tweeted he wanted to buff PvP damage for affli without buffing pve.
    here's the tweet i found; https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...23652402020352
    Oh, thanks dude.

GC says alot of stuff that they want to do, putting them in practice is other thing.

He said before he didnt liked the racials, still the blanted imbalance still remains

Buffing Affliction for PvP without doing anything to the spec PvE-wise would probably mean a buffing of dots and a nerfing of MG. Though that could create awkward feelings of OPness in AoE fights in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how they nerfed doom and corruption with 25% because it was too strong in multi target fights, they really gonna have to do something crazy to buff afflictions damage in PvP.

Deleted
    They can include some " pvp power " effects in spells / talents.

They could find a way to buff PvP power scaling for only affliction. that seems like a good way to buff specs in pvp without affecting pve.

About the curses guys. What you guys use the most for PvP? Or you keep changing according to the situation?

I´m used to use the enfeeblement curse mostly, but I´ve been noticing lots of good locks using mostly the curse of elements.

I play destro btw.

It mostly depends on a comp. The first one for situation when you pressure another target (WLD/WLS/MLS/RLS). In AoE setup like shcleave/shplay or wizard with a fire mage you can stick with a CoE on each target. It's all about affli spec. Anyway, i uses CoE to burst down my primary victim (for every spec i played).

sorry for my english ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    About the curses guys. What you guys use the most for PvP? Or you keep changing according to the situation?

I´m used to use the enfeeblement curse mostly, but I´ve been noticing lots of good locks using mostly the curse of elements.

I play destro btw.
    99% CoE. Only Enfeeblement if I want to prevent dmg instead of put the pressure on.

The curse really depends on what your trying to accomplish. Are you trying to help out your healers by preventing damage or are you going on the offensive and trying to blow someone up quickly?

TBH I use both depending. If I have someone tunneling me I CoEn them, if im going to blow up a FC or something then CoEl

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

I usually try to keep Enfeeblement on the healer when it's a dps that gets nuked. Otherwise I just put Elements on everything.

Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 50%, up from 30%.
    PvP Power bonus to healing for healing specializations has been increased to 100%, up from 50% for Druids, Monks, Paladins, Priests, and Shamans.
    PvP Power bonus to healing for damage specializations has been increased to 75%, up from 25% for Druids, Monks, Paladins, Priests, and Shamans.
    As I suspected this is really gonna cripple warlock defenses, dark regen won't do anything outside increasing heals taken from your healer, as the self healing from it and health stone will be insignificant. Sac pact's shield will be only slightly stronger than priest bubble but on a min cd with a hp cost. and ember tap will be waste of embers. I really hope blizzard looks towards removing or diminishing the effect battle fatigue has on the self healing abilities of non healers/hybrids.

I had missed the absorbs part. Just great.

I really hope that is just going to impact healing specced characters and not all heals in the game.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Considering it's affecting all heals as it is right now, I think we can assume the nerf is going to affect them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    https://twitter.com/holinka This guy is the PvP Tweeter if anyone wants to know the latest ideas! One Example:
    "New proposed PvP Power numbers. Healers: 100%, Druid/Monk/Paladin/Shaman DPS: 70% Others: 40% Battle Fatigue: 45%"
    Also found these 2 "Yes we are going to allow them to benefit from PvP Power" and "Yes your healing will benefit from PvP Power like hybrids" It's mostly the same but saying it multiple times confirms it more imo.

This is another tweet(but from Ghostcrawler): "Not sure yet. One idea: all classes have heals benefit from PvP Power. Recup etc. would get stronger and offset Battle Fatigue."
    I'll just leave this here as it's kinda interesting. -Posted in PvP section.

Warlock affli changes I would like to see

Generally I would like to see locks cast more not just soul burning & swapping shit out of everyone. That way they could be way easier school locked than it is now. In order to fix it I think that cd should be added for like 30secs on soulburn+soulswap like it has been done with locks pets, basically revert this to where it was back in cata, that worked out well, that will make locks use 1 major glyph and forcing them to go along with it if they want to swap dots on 2nd target without removing dots from previous one. Remove UA glyph that reduces its casting time for the same reason of forcing them to cast more. Nerf malefic grasp by 30-40% and buff UA and Corruption dmg up to approximately 30%. That way it should overall make dot dmg more effective and rewarding and maybe nerfing single target dmg a bit because of malefic but dot dmg buff should be decent compensation for it. This might work out well for pvp by not affecting pve side for locks so much. What do you think?

Wasn't this in the Warlock forum earlier?