Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Been looking at bit at arena representations for 3s, seeing how things are turning out after the 5.2 changes.
    I have to say I'm really shocked at what I saw, namely:
    Elemental shamans have a representation of 1.4% above 2.2k rating.
    Affliction only has 0.5% and Demonology 0.2%, combined that's only half of Elemental's
    That's just pitiful. Pretty sad that predictions from most people came true for Warlock representation

Not sure how to fix this though, I mean I like how the classes work in PvE, so changing them would not really be an option I guess.

Really Dumb Gear Question

Sorry in advance if this is dumb:

what's tyrannical weapons should I get? Dagger + offhand? Staff? Sword + offhand (possible to equip sword?)?

New to lock and couldn't seem to find out the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    Sorry in advance if this is dumb:

what's tyrannical weapons should I get? Dagger + offhand? Staff? Sword + offhand (possible to equip sword?)?

New to lock and couldn't seem to find out the answer.
    Since this is a pvp weapon question I've moved your thread to the PvP discussion, where they are most likely better able to answer your question Personally I have no idea. In general, if you are Human or Gnome then a sword is beneficial cause you get free expertise (which is the same as hit for locks) and 1H + off hand is beneficial cause you canget an extra enchant. No idea how much these benefits weigh in PvP though. I can imagine there are benefits in cost possibly to only having to get 1 weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be sword/dagger + oh. As human you should be using a sword tho for the expertise bonus.
    @xskarma: The gnome racial also works for daggers

I'm doing 2s with an rshaman and wondering if any of the 3 specs would work better for this comp? Our toughest fights seem to be other healer/dps combos where it can be hard to burst down one person with their healer cc'd for a short while and my shaman runs out of mana eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Been looking at bit at arena representations for 3s, seeing how things are turning out after the 5.2 changes.
    I have to say I'm really shocked at what I saw, namely:
    Elemental shamans have a representation of 1.4% above 2.2k rating.
    Affliction only has 0.5% and Demonology 0.2%, combined that's only half of Elemental's
    But sir, our predictions are always bullshit and mostly worth nothing until at least one whole season passes by!
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That's just pitiful. Pretty sad that predictions from most people came true for Warlock representation

Not sure how to fix this though, I mean I like how the classes work in PvE, so changing them would not really be an option I guess.
    Give more CC that isn't OP? Also, I still think that Cata Shadowflame is better than the new Blood Fear: Shorter CD, more reliable, AoE, does not DR and does not cost health.
    If a class was barely represented with one of the most overpowered CC abilities in the game, how would you honestly expect it to turn out without one, especially with the rise of melee comps that make casting impossible and zerging favorable. What's laughable is that all warlock specs are partly reliable on these: Demo needs to cast or ramp up immensely to get the best burst available, affliction is forced to channel a spell constantly during burst to put out pressure on one target and Destro relies on the spell that is the most susceptible to interruption in the game. Not to mention that we are the class that relies the most on additional resources to survive and perform properly, whereas other classes mostly depend on cooldowns. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a mage oom? You can't have an ability with higher costs and risks that doesn't reward you more than others without any hurdles.

MoP PvP in general is depressing tbh, however this doesn't mean that I deny Blizzard's efforts to fix it. Heck, they even hired a PvP-only dev, which gives me lots of hope. But if this shitstorm is truly to be fixed, they unfortunately have to go back to zero, as in the previous talent system. This one never seemed to give more choice anyways, since if you really want to min-max you'll swap talents before each encounter, arena match, boss, etc... I'm stressing on this because warlocks seem to be at the biggest disadvantage with the changes to PvP: We rely the most on self-heals, our gameplay used to depend the most of passive mitigation which is now basically useless on its own and most importantly, the way our specs perform (as in the way they're supposed to perform in PvE) puts us behind in PvP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 07:15 PM ----------

Oh and everything should be less "extreme". This encompasses damage and defense. There should be more sustainability, but not to the point where burst is complete trash, like Destruction during Cataclysm without an imp.

How is demonology in pvp?

I been gearing up my warlock again while IoC is up, and was wondering if demo is still good for pvp? i'm not asking for high rated bgs or 3s, mostly just casual 2s and bgs and such. been doing them as destro because gosac makes me a less likely target in bad gear xD Oh! and is affliction viable again? ive seen a couple lately, and wanted to try that spec too.

Demon is not as strong as it used to be, but for casual play its fine. Affliction is hit and miss, you will do insane spread dmg but its very small. I wouldn't recommend affliction for 2's. Destro is pretty good these days, you don't insta gib people with chaosbolt anymore which is sad because it was a l2p issue not a dmg issue. But if your just doing casual pvp do what you have fun doing or are best at
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Demon is not as strong as it used to be, but for casual play its fine. Affliction is hit and miss, you will do insane spread dmg but its very small. I wouldn't recommend affliction for 2's. Destro is pretty good these days, you don't insta gib people with chaosbolt anymore which is sad because it was a l2p issue not a dmg issue. But if your just doing casual pvp do what you have fun doing or are best at
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/ti...3/cool%20whip/

Azael, one of the best lock worldwide, plays demo in MLS (Most of the time).
    He also streams alot, a good place to learn some tricks.

However, for 2s Destruction is the best spec, mostly because it got very good self heals (Making it nearly unkillable) + single target burst.

Deleted
    Do u think Demo after all is better than destro or affly in 3v3? or MLS especially?
    - Affly: gives more spread damage, and protect dispell.
    - Destro: good burst damage/cleave, can heal a lot.
    - Demo?: good mobility, pet stun, knock back, what about damage? seems low compared to affly/destro

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    Do u think Demo after all is better than destro or affly in 3v3? or MLS especially?
    - Affly: gives more spread damage, and protect dispell.
    - Destro: good burst damage/cleave, can heal a lot.
    - Demo?: good mobility, pet stun, knock back, what about damage? seems low compared to affly/destro
    from what (little) i know, one of the biggest perks for demo is the 25% mortal strike from the wrathguard, which i guess outweighs the fact that it has low burst compared to the others. also it has great mobility so it can spec MF = nuetralises rogues in stealth and doesnt get interrupted much,

Demo in arenas is nice because of the MS debuff and it high damage spam when you get a good amount of fury. Combine that with a high pressure class (mage) and good CC and its a devastating comp to play. The issue is the warlock survivability and if you get cced in the middle of the burst you have to wait for the reset.

Affliction is good if you are with a UHDK or SPriest that can assist in the pressure you put out and can make up for the lack of damage. This style of comp is made to spread the damage and drive the healer oom with trying to keep everyone stable.

Destruction is nice for burst comps, but the biggest issue it has is the fact that Chaos Bolt damage got nerfed and has such a long cast time, its easily counter-able if they are paying attention

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    a good basic guide!

you should link your armory for them too! it always adds cred to guides and people like the visual

strange that you havent already...
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-04-01 at 03:52 PM.

Deleted
    with the new ember generation, a lot of chaos bolt (in 3v3) aren't easy to counter. Btw i'm gonna try in 3v3 demo with a mage !

Looking to step up my PvP game a bit and was wondering if people had time to review some videos and give me tips or pointers. Twitch link and armory are in the signature. I know I still have some gear to get but I think fundamentals can be worked on and gear will come. Thanks for any help you can offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems you are missing a few enchants, as well as a belt buckle. Other than that, I'm not a big fan of that orange gem in your chest and that purple gem in the gloves, nor that glove enchant, but seeing it's only crafted gear, it's not that much of a deal.
    Another thing I see, or better said, don't see, is the health Stone glyph. It's a shame you're not using it since it's really strong in combination with dark regeneration.

Oh wow, that gem in my chest....was I drunk? No idea what that is doing there and will be fixed the moment I get home. God asking for PvP help and having a mainly PvE Melee gem makes me look like a tool.

I was going PvP Power as I mainly play RBG's so I was looking for more "umph" and less survivability as I plan to not be as focused. What would you suggest for the glove enchant instead? Mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery yes. Expertise also gives spell hit so it's not really useless, nonetheless, it's a shitty gem for PvP

Is glyph of imp swarm good for pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's recommended for demonology due the burst damage and demonic fury it offers. The imps really do a lot of damage, don't underestimate those little buggers