Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since my lock is undead should I still use unbound will as opposed to blood horror even though I have the second tricket racial? Does the CD on these affect one another?

So my Lock is nearing lvl 90 and I am considering which spec to PvP with...I am interested in Destro and Affliction.

Quick question regarding Destro - how do you peel melee off you? You can have glyphed teleport (which I understand) and the conflag snare, but beyond that Im not seeing how you are gonna open a gap to cast.

With Afflic it looks like you get a nifty movement bonus off of teleport for 8 seconds, plus the curse of exhaustion. At a cost to Soul Shards of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Since my lock is undead should I still use unbound will as opposed to blood horror even though I have the second tricket racial? Does the CD on these affect one another?
    If we're talking arenas here, It's all up to the comp you're facing. UW comes with such a hefty health cost that most warlocks would hesitate using it against certain teams, such as melee or hunter cleaves, who can after using UW switch to you and put you to the ground. UW is also nearly useless when being tunneled, also 'cause of the health cost. I find UW to be really good (if you warn your healer that you're using it) against caster teams that polymorphs or fears you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    So my Lock is nearing lvl 90 and I am considering which spec to PvP with...I am interested in Destro and Affliction.

Quick question regarding Destro - how do you peel melee off you? You can have glyphed teleport (which I understand) and the conflag snare, but beyond that Im not seeing how you are gonna open a gap to cast.

With Afflic it looks like you get a nifty movement bonus off of teleport for 8 seconds, plus the curse of exhaustion. At a cost to Soul Shards of course.
    As destro glyphed teleport comes handy! But in truth, it is really hard to open that gap on your own, thus playing with a mage that peels for you with deeps, novas and polys as destro works really well.

Aniza is correct, you need to have a partner that will help you get in the clear to get those long CB casts off. A rogue or mage works really well for this. Warrior isnt bad also but I think for a warrior partner you are better off with Demo.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

So with the recent ptr change that requires more pvp power to earn 1% pvp rating and the increase to battle fatigue incoming in 5.3, how big of a hit is that to our self-healing? I was planning to stack pvp power post-patch since we're being upgraded to 65% resilience and that stat does have diminishing return and pvp power will reduce the effect of battle fatigue on our defensives and it has the additional bonus of increasing damage. I'm wondering if that would be worth it anymore and if the nerf to pvp power puts us in a better or worse position since it will also effect healing and burst in general.

Edit: giving this some more thought, doesn't this change increase the viability of pve weapons and trinkets in pvp?
    Last edited by Docmort; 2013-04-29 at 08:53 AM.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docmort View Post
    So with the recent ptr change that requires more pvp power to earn 1% pvp rating and the increase to battle fatigue incoming in 5.3, how big of a hit is that to our self-healing? I was planning to stack pvp power post-patch since we're being upgraded to 65% resilience and that stat does have diminishing return and pvp power will reduce the effect of battle fatigue on our defensives and it has the additional bonus of increasing damage. I'm wondering if that would be worth it anymore and if the nerf to pvp power puts us in a better or worse position since it will also effect healing and burst in general.

Edit: giving this some more thought, doesn't this change increase the viability of pve weapons and trinkets in pvp?
    If you sit at 60% PvP Power now, you'll drop to ~40% which will give you ~16% healing increase, resulting in ~36% healing reduction, compared to 30% now.

Also, going PvP power would be rather useless even if it was for the increased healing. It's been proven already for the previous patches that stacking Resilience allows you to do more damage than someone who stacked PvP Power. The only difference now is that you start at 65% base resilience instead of 40%, but since resilience gets stronger the higher it gets, it's going to be even better.

PvE weapons will remain non viable due the lack of PvP Power and the ilvl ceiling, making them the same ilvl as the PvP weapons without PvP Power. As for the trinkets, they pretty much bring 3% passive PvP Power, which is "okey" but replaceable with a good PvE trinket.

With the change of PvP Power requiring 400 per 1% vs the current 265 for 1%, are we going to need to look at stacking Int and Resil vs PvP power, or will PvP power continue to outshine Int even though it has been drastically nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    That will require some math to do, but I'm fairly sure we are getting to a point where 1 int > 2 Power, making stacking int better...

Someone did some testing, i think it was Cobrak, on the PTR and found that INT was better overall damage than PvP Power before the PvP power nerf. Now with the changes to PvP Power and needing more of it to get any half decent increase, maybe its time to give it a second look?

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    PvE weapons will remain non viable due the lack of PvP Power and the ilvl ceiling, making them the same ilvl as the PvP weapons without PvP Power. As for the trinkets, they pretty much bring 3% passive PvP Power, which is "okey" but replaceable with a good PvE trinket.

Currently using LFR Lei-Shen trinket with the shado-pan assault valor trinket on my pve set, is it around that point I should consider switching a pvp trinket for a pve one if I'm playing afflic? Just want some idea what qualifies as "worth it" when bringing pve gear into pvp.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docmort View Post
    Currently using LFR Lei-Shen trinket with the shado-pan assault valor trinket on my pve set, is it around that point I should consider switching a pvp trinket for a pve one if I'm playing afflic? Just want some idea what qualifies as "worth it" when bringing pve gear into pvp.
    PvE trinkets are absolutely worth it, I'd even say that for humans it's a must to use at least 1 PvE trinket. On the ptr I lack PvE trinkets to actually test how good they'll be after the changes but I'm fairly sure UVoLS will be used a lot by warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    Someone did some testing, i think it was Cobrak, on the PTR and found that INT was better overall damage than PvP Power before the PvP power nerf. Now with the changes to PvP Power and needing more of it to get any half decent increase, maybe its time to give it a second look?
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...n-2-pvp-power/
    They were pretty close pre-nerf, I'm pretty sure that int will be the better stat in 5.3 unless blizzard is going to make even more changes.

Anyone able to help me out with Destro in RBGs? I finally got my Tyrannical weapon so I'm going to try and get into some RBGs but really have no idea what I should do in terms of talents, pets or general playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Anyone able to help me out with Destro in RBGs? I finally got my Tyrannical weapon so I'm going to try and get into some RBGs but really have no idea what I should do in terms of talents, pets or general playstyle.
    Spec into Sacrifice and mannoroths fury, All you do in team fights is is keep RoF up and spam FnB Immolate/Conflag/Incin then toss chaos bolts into targets when your going for kills. Its pretty simple

How do i make my pet keep attacking a feared target (pvp)

Pets used to keep attacking feared targets, but i havent played my lock in a while.

Other than making a macro for every single one of my abilites with /petattack in it, is there a way to make sure my pet stays on CC'd targets? Currently i just bind pet passive and pet assist (used to be called aggressive).

This is really annoying lol, any suggestions appreciated.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 12:43 AM ----------

Also, my pet randomly attacks stuff (wrathguard). Ill be attacking a hunter, and it attacks its pet the whole time, even after spamming my button with a /petattack. So if the hunters pet had growl on, and im still spamming /petattack, it will continue attacking the hunter pet even tho im telling it to attack the hunter wtf.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 02:49 AM ----------

SO basically just make 30 macros with /petattack bound?

Put your pet on passive, bind a key to pet attack, and manually choose his target.

Takes some time to get used to it, but it's the best way to handle your pet

The pet dropping off Feared targets SUCKS and appears to be here for good (came in with the pet stance changes in Cata? forget). But yeah, basically you need to mash your pet attack bind as you Fear or make all sorts of macros (which get very cumbersome if you want flexibility on your Fear/Pet/Focus targets).

Deleted
    if it can help use this macro for pet management.

/petattack [@pettarget,noexists,nomod]
    /petfollow [@pettarget,exists][mod:alt]
    /petmoveto [mod:alt]

10+ Year Old Account
    Included that macro in the guide as well.

A I've mentioned before, feel free to submit any sort of useful macros and addons you can use for PvP so I can include them

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Included that macro in the guide as well.

A I've mentioned before, feel free to submit any sort of useful macros and addons you can use for PvP so I can include them
    Handing in some macros, or what's left of them seeing as I've lost interest in the game as it stands with its current design.

General:

Fear macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Fear
    /cast [mod:alt,target=focus] Fear
    /cast [mod:ctrl,target=mouseover] Fear

Description: Fears target, fears focus when pressing ALT, fears mouseover when pressing CTRL.

Enfeeblement macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Curse of Enfeeblement
    /cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Curse of Enfeeblement

Description: Enfeebles target, enfeebles focus when pressing SHIFT.

Grimoire of Service focus silence macro:

showtooltip
    /tar focus
    /cast Grimoire: Felhunter
    /targetlasttarget

Description: This macro will let you control your grimoire of service's felhunter silence. By using it, the additional felhunter that you summon will target your focus and spell lock him instead of your main target.

Felflame macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Fel flame
    /cast [mod:alt,target=mouseover] Fel Flame

Description: Casts Fel Flame on target, casts Fel Flame on mouseover when pressing ALT (great for breaking totems/keeping targets in combat)

Banish macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Banish; Banish

Description: What this macro will do is cast banish on your mouseover if you have one, otherwise it will banish your main target. Great in arenas seeing as you can banish elementals/demons without having to target them.

Normal all in one Demon macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Spell Lock; [mod:ctrl,@mouseover] Spell Lock; Spell Lock
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Seduction; [mod:ctrl,@mouseover] Seduction; Seduction
    /cast Disarm
    /cast [nomod,@player] Singe Magic; [mod:ctrl,@mouseover] Singe Magic

Description: Macro for normal demons (without Grimoire of Supremacy). Casts Spell Lock/Seduction/Disarm on main target and Singe Magic (Imp dispel) on the warlock, casts Spell Lock/Seduction on focus when pressing SHIFT, casts Spell Lock/Seduction/Singe Magic on mouseover when pressing CTRL.

Supremacy all in one Demon macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Optical Blast; [mod:ctrl,@mouseover] Optical Blast; Optical Blast
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Mesmerize; [mod:ctrl,@mouseover] Mesmerize; Mesmerize
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Disarm; Disarm
    /cast Sear Magic

Description: Macro for improved demons (with Grimoire of Supremacy). Casts Optical Blast/Mesmerize/Disarm on main target and Sear Magic (AoE dispel), casts Optical Blast/Mesmerize/Disarm of focus when pressing SHIFT, casts Optical Blast/Mesmerize of mouseover when pressing CTRL.

Destruction:

Havoc macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Havoc
    /cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Havoc
    /cast [mod:ctrl,target=mouseover] Havoc

Description: Havocs normal target, Havocs focus when pressing SHIFT, Havocs mouseover when pressing CTRL.

Demonology:

Demonology supremacy all in one macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Axe Toss; [mod:ctrl,@mouseover] Axe Toss; Axe Toss
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Optical Blast; Optical Blast
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Mesmerize; [mod:ctrl,@mouseover] Mesmerize; Mesmerize
    /cast Sear Magic
    /cast Disarm

Description: Macro for demonology warlocks with grimoire of supremacy. Casts Axe Toss/Optical Blast/Mesmerize/Disarm on main target and Sear Magic (Imp AoE Dispel), casts Axe Toss/Optical Blast/Mesmerize on focus when pressing SHIFT, casts Axe Toss/Optical Blast/Mesmerize on mouseover when pressing CTRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added them to first post