Should Blizzard Announce Features Well in Advance?, Blue Posts, What Inspired Your Diablo 3 Character Name?, Curse Weekly Roundup
Isle of Thunder US - ~80-90% Unlocked (Stage 1) - US realms are no longer all unlocking at the same rate
Patch 5.2 Dev Interviews
Today we continue our interviews recap with an interview with Tom Chilton by Blizzplanet!
- Ghostcrawler's unannounced feature might be in Patch 5.4 if it is complete in time. As far as a hint goes, "A lot of players have suggested that they be able to do older content, so it is something along those lines".
- If Mists of Pandaria could be done over, there isn't much that would be changed, other than how mandatory daily quests felt.
- Hopefully this is as slow as new content will ever be delivered from now on!
- Part of the team has been split off to work on the odd number patches, Patch 5.1, 5.3, and maybe even Patch 5.5!
- The rest of the team works on the even numbed patches with raids, Patch 5.0, 5.2, and Patch 5.4.
- The team working on WoW has also been enlarged, and is now bigger than ever before. The team size will be increased as time goes on.
- The tech used for Sunsong Ranch moves the tech closer to the possibility of player housing, but defining what it is, why it would be cool, and how it would work is still not there yet.
- The changes made to the Patch 5.0 raid failbags were smaller, but should be more significant with the Patch 5.2 bonus roll improvements. Even when you don't win loot, you should have a chance to win something cool like old mounts or things that were used to incentivize tanks in dungeon finder. Another option mentioned for bonus rolls or failbags is some Valor Points or increased amount of gold.
- Challenge modes are still working out well, but it isn't expected that most players will take part due to the difficulty. There aren't any major changes planned and the feature will continue to be used in the future.
- Thunderforged items are less about getting 10 man raid groups to switch to 25 man than they are about rewarding 25 man groups for the increased complexity.
Thunderforged Items Drop Rate
WoWProgress took a look at the gear worn by guilds that have killed Jin'rokh the Breaker and found that there is roughly a 10% drop chance in 10 man and 25% drop chance in 25 man.
Congratulations to Rehabilitation Clinic and Exodus for finishing up Lei Shen first last week. Good luck to everyone this week!
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Computers - Setup of the Month (by chaud)
Each month or every 2 months, depending on the hardware evolutions, the lovely chaud will work on a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!
The current SSD prices seem to have bottomed out for now, with almost all SSDs under $1 per gigabyte. No new CPUs, GPUs, or SSDs worth waiting for are expected before late in the second quarter this year.
Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or something that is similarly multithreaded, you do not need the 3770K and should spend that money elsewhere.
Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.
Don't hesitate to post any feedback in the comments of that news post, and don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions! If you are interested in [email protected], take a look in our team's thread.
Puppy and Dolphin
Mix and match anything but the CPU/Motherboard combo between Puppy and Dolphin. Pick one of the two CPU/Motherboard combos.
Narwhal and Unicorn
All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn. SSDs are always optional.
TCG Art Update
Blizzard has updated the Trading Card Game art gallery to feature ten new pieces.